Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Mar 31, 2012 at 8:17 AM Post #6,827 of 10,948

My fairly new hot rod Server, Silent - Fanless PSU, CPU Calyx DAC , Hand made Solid Silver in cotton USB data cable (just D+,D-),separate USB power cable (red&blue) so I don't have to run Calyx on Battery for casual listening
Using JPLAY -stunning!

Mar 31, 2012 at 10:30 AM Post #6,830 of 10,948

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif

http://help.foobar2000.org/troubleshooter/components/482398a390566e59

:wink:

CMP2 take their player and Windows XP shell pretty seriously also, guess they are just all in on the scam together 
rolleyes.gif

Mar 31, 2012 at 11:19 AM Post #6,832 of 10,948
No case, as you can see - in fact it may add to SQ - no nasty reflections bouncing around, plus -not clear in pic but PSU is app 700mm from mobo-again less chance of neg interference
RE: the JPLAY references, maybe Foobar is upset that JPLAY makes it sound much better than Foobar managed
I use JPLAY, JRiver for casual, background listening and JPLAY mini with full hibernate mode for serious sessions - nothing I've heard comes close

Mar 31, 2012 at 3:43 PM Post #6,834 of 10,948
Here's my budget gaming rig. Believe it or not this is a rebuilt Dell Insprion 530. Rebuild cost about 400$

Some specs:

Stock Inspiron Foxxcon Mobo
4GB DDR2 800
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.0 - (Zalman CPU cooler)
MSI GTX 560 Ti
550W Antec 
Rosewill Challenger Case
Tons of LED fans from various manufacturers

Mar 31, 2012 at 3:48 PM Post #6,836 of 10,948
J River is worth $50 to me just to have combined flexibility of Foobar in technical terms with an interface similar to but better than itunes. Since starting to use J River I've really enjoyed the act of listening and browsing my library significantly more than when I was using Foobar.

Mar 31, 2012 at 3:56 PM Post #6,837 of 10,948
J River is worth $50 to me just to have combined flexibility of Foobar in technical terms with an interface similar to but better than itunes. Since starting to use J River I've really enjoyed the act of listening and browsing my library significantly more than when I was using Foobar.

I'm unfortunately stuck with iTunes. I've got my library just the way I want it here and while all the tags and art should just transfer into any program (just finished embeddig my album art) there always seems to be little problems. Like not all the art being there. Rage.

Mar 31, 2012 at 4:06 PM Post #6,838 of 10,948
Zune software is really nice if you're a neat freak. Just include a saved image of the album art within the album folder and then browse to that file path. Usually it autodetects it but this is a simple fix. I can just take my collection folder and drop it into any Zune program and have it all set up just like at home within 5 mins. 

Mar 31, 2012 at 4:31 PM Post #6,839 of 10,948
Zune software is really nice if you're a neat freak. Just include a saved image of the album art within the album folder and then browse to that file path. Usually it autodetects it but this is a simple fix. I can just take my collection folder and drop it into any Zune program and have it all set up just like at home within 5 mins. 

Zune looks nicer when not in use but I actually like the iTunes interface. I haven't tried it for a long time though (since my Zune 120 failed).

Mar 31, 2012 at 4:37 PM Post #6,840 of 10,948
My issue with itunes are the incessant bugs and problems. I don't know how many times I've seen my entire collection just disappear, my whole PC just completely lock up, or itunes hadn't launched despite starting the program and killing in task manager 10 or more times. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back