Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Apr 2, 2012 at 1:30 AM Post #6,856 of 10,930
Quote:
it does everything it claims to short of being able to prove audible differences with DBT.

Reminds me of homeopathy, acupuncture, astrology, reiki, etc, etc...

Apr 2, 2012 at 1:37 AM Post #6,857 of 10,930

Quote:
Reminds me of homeopathy, acupuncture, astrology, reiki, etc, etc...

I am inclined to agree unfortunately, when a seemingly absurd approach to something lacks positive evidence, it will probably get lumped with all the other seemingly absurd approaches in some peoples minds.

Apr 2, 2012 at 9:48 AM Post #6,858 of 10,930
Quote:
I am inclined to agree unfortunately, when a seemingly absurd approach to something lacks positive evidence, it will probably get lumped with all the other seemingly absurd approaches in some peoples minds.

What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence...

Apr 2, 2012 at 10:32 AM Post #6,860 of 10,930
Quote:
And where will arguing about this get us if that is the case?

Simple.  You don't believe that JPlay does anything until they demonstrate that it actually does.

They're the ones making the claim and that means that they've accepted the burden of proof.  They haven't met it so I don't believe them.

Apr 2, 2012 at 12:00 PM Post #6,861 of 10,930

Quote:
Simple.  You don't believe that JPlay does anything until they demonstrate that it actually does.

They're the ones making the claim and that means that they've accepted the burden of proof.  They haven't met it so I don't believe them.

That's not answering my question, I already know what you think about JPlay.  Do you honestly think you can convince me to think the same way you do by arguing with me in this manner?  

Honestly I am quite happy for you to believe whatever you need to.  Why are you concerned what I believe?  Either way I have heard the arguments before and this is probably not the correct place to be discussing this.

If you do, for whatever reason, feel compelled to try to convince people that they are wrong by insisting in the exclusive validity of your own dogma, feel free to start another thread.

As for my compulsion to post, it is a reaction to posts suggesting that the well intentioned work being done by JPlay is snake oil, whether or not one thinks this work is misguided due to ones respective views this is still an unwarranted IMO.  For example I don't go trolling the [insert equipment name] threads without having tried the [insert equipment name], and even if I did try [insert equipment name] and not like it I would not try to convince everyone in that thread that this piece of equipment is not valid.  

Apr 2, 2012 at 12:38 PM Post #6,862 of 10,930
Quote:
That's not answering my question, I already know what you think about JPlay.  Do you honestly think you can convince me to think the same way you do by arguing with me in this manner?  

Honestly I am quite happy for you to believe whatever you need to.  Why are you concerned what I believe?  Either way I have heard the arguments before and this is probably not the correct place to be discussing this.

If you do, for whatever reason, feel compelled to try to convince people that they are wrong by insisting in the exclusive validity of your own dogma, feel free to start another thread.

As for my compulsion to post, it is a reaction to posts suggesting that the well intentioned work being done by JPlay is snake oil, whether or not one thinks this work is misguided due to ones respective views this is still an unwarranted IMO.  For example I don't go trolling the [insert equipment name] threads without having tried the [insert equipment name], and even if I did try [insert equipment name] and not like it I would not try to convince everyone in that thread that this piece of equipment is not valid.  

It is actually answering you question but I don't really expect you to believe that or to be convinced by one single argument no matter what kind of evidence I had to give.   The point isn't to convince you but to provide information to anyone else who may be reading.  I care what people believe because beliefs inform their actions and glowing testimonials just encourage more people to waste their money.

I didn't know just providing the counterpoint was trolling...

Apr 2, 2012 at 1:16 PM Post #6,863 of 10,930
Guys, this really belongs in a different thread 
rolleyes.gif

Apr 2, 2012 at 2:31 PM Post #6,866 of 10,930
really well i am getting about 60-90 frames avg on bf3 with everything on max so im pritty happy with it, i thought it would be abit jerky with the boost being tuned on and off but nope smooth as silk.

Apr 2, 2012 at 3:33 PM Post #6,867 of 10,930

Quote:
really well i am getting about 60-90 frames avg on bf3 with everything on max so im pritty happy with it, i thought it would be abit jerky with the boost being tuned on and off but nope smooth as silk.

Well, if the Nvidia GPU Boost does work similarly to Intel's Turbo Boost, we're talking about such imperceptible switching that it won't affect gameplay at all.

Apr 2, 2012 at 6:15 PM Post #6,869 of 10,930
Apr 2, 2012 at 6:47 PM Post #6,870 of 10,930

Users who are viewing this thread

Back