Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Mar 5, 2012 at 6:42 PM Post #6,676 of 10,932

Quote:
that 4GB problem.

My P5K was the biggest disappointment I had in a motherboard.  The P5Q deluxe however has been the best I've had to date.

Mar 5, 2012 at 8:31 PM Post #6,679 of 10,932

Quote:
You did a good job for such a small space. Can't wait to see how you squeeze 7990's in there. I went for a huge case in order to keep temps and noise low. Gotta love the triple slot coolers, while gaming I'm running around 60° and 55°. Of course I'm taking up 3x the space to do so.

so you have a Corsair closed loop..with two fans pulling air into the case right?

Quote:
I'm quite literally on the verge of ripping my Asus P5K motherboard, putting alongside my Asus PW201, and smashing them up.
I hate ASUS with a passion now.
I can't wait for a new PC with a new screen to be asus proof.

why? ASUS?

Mar 5, 2012 at 8:46 PM Post #6,681 of 10,932

Quote:
^ It looks like it's taking air out of the case.

corsair does not recommend that. the recommend to pull air from the exhaust into the case. as the air inside would usually be hotter than the outside. so my setup is fan-->radiator--->Fan-->into case. i then use other fans to expell the added heat. but it doesn't matter. my chipset has no heat problems, my HDD's have their own fans and other than one drive that is normall at 47C due to oldness(my current and actualy bought drive is only at 37C) i have no problems. i have 5770. Which suprised me as to be the world's current most popular dedicated GPU with over 24% of the total market share of dedicated cards due to it's high price to performance ratio, low idle power (it was 7 or 15W if i remeer) and while gaming, even during overclok of 925MHz and 1400MHz(combined memory clock) it is only at about 50C

Mar 5, 2012 at 11:46 PM Post #6,682 of 10,932
Corsair does not care which way the air flows. They once said to get the best possible cpu temps the air should flow into the case. My H70 setup exhausts hot air from the case.

ext < pull < H70 < shroud < push

The 2nd fan isn't visible in the pic, it's between the H70 and the back of the case. For non-computer geeks, the shroud is the exterior of a 25mm fan with the fan cut out. It allows air to get from the push fan's blades to the center of the radiator. Good for about 2 degrees.

I built a xfire 5770 rig for my brother. I love those cards. We played some co-op SR3 today. What a wacky, fun game.

Mar 6, 2012 at 3:20 PM Post #6,684 of 10,932

Quote:
Corsair does not care which way the air flows. They once said to get the best possible cpu temps the air should flow into the case. My H70 setup exhausts hot air from the case.
ext < pull < H70 < shroud < push
The 2nd fan isn't visible in the pic, it's between the H70 and the back of the case. For non-computer geeks, the shroud is the exterior of a 25mm fan with the fan cut out. It allows air to get from the push fan's blades to the center of the radiator. Good for about 2 degrees.
I built a xfire 5770 rig for my brother. I love those cards. We played some co-op SR3 today. What a wacky, fun game.

yeah i know you can put it any way but i do it their "recommended" way. it seems to be the best as the air inside is hotter than outside.

Quote:
Mines:
 ext > pull > h50 > pull

same

Mar 6, 2012 at 4:10 PM Post #6,685 of 10,932

speakers: Behringer B3031
headphones: AKG K 272 HD (stand: Jägermeister)

I'm about to receive an M-Audio Fast Track Pro, and I'm doing a neat pretty desktop shelf that's going to replace the speaker stands and elevate my monitor a bit. Next up: acoustic foam pads, and in the distant future, I might add a headphone amplifier or build one myself. For now the Fast Track Pro will be far more than enough.

Fractal Design Define R3
Phenom II X6 1055T
Gigabyte GTX 460 1GB OC
12GB Kingston HyperX Genesis DDR3 1600MHz (I do a lot of rendering and RAW editing)
OCZ Agility 3 60GB for OS and programs + 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3 for swap, temporary, project etc. folders, LaCie Rugged 500GB for backup.
Asus M4A88TD-V EVO USB 3.0
Coolermaster Hyper 212+
forgot the PSU, Corsair VX 550W or something.
secondary display: some SVGA projector from BenQ, it's neat.

I love my computer and it's way overpowered for the stuff I do if I only was able to make it quieter I'd reach computational zen.

Mar 9, 2012 at 4:00 PM Post #6,687 of 10,932

Quote:

Fractal Design Define R3
Phenom II X6 1055T
Gigabyte GTX 460 1GB OC
12GB Kingston HyperX Genesis DDR3 1600MHz (I do a lot of rendering and RAW editing)
OCZ Agility 3 60GB for OS and programs + 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3 for swap, temporary, project etc. folders, LaCie Rugged 500GB for backup.
Asus M4A88TD-V EVO USB 3.0
Coolermaster Hyper 212+
forgot the PSU, Corsair VX 550W or something.
secondary display: some SVGA projector from BenQ, it's neat.
I love my computer and it's way overpowered for the stuff I do if I only was able to make it quieter I'd reach computational zen.

I just built my computer this week and had to change out of a lot of stock parts to get it quieter then configure all the fan speeds.  I got the 212+ too and I think the stock fan is crap.  I replaced it with a Cougar and is it a lot quieter and more powerful.  I also swapped out the stock fans in my case with Silenx and low rpm Scythes.  Overall it is very quiet.  To take things further, I used Speedfan program to set default speeds and what temps my fans turn on.  So at idle, my fans are usually running very low or just completely off.  Close to absolute silence.

Or just completely ditch the 212+ and get a Noctua NH-D14.  What I should have done in the first place.

Mar 9, 2012 at 6:01 PM Post #6,688 of 10,932
Or just completely ditch the 212+ and get a Noctua NH-D14.  What I should have done in the first place.

A legit plan. I'd like the new cooler to be future-socket-compatible though, so when I swap to Ivy Bridge (not likely to swap so soon tho), it would still fit, or have an aftermarket bracket that makes it fit.

But yes the noise floor is difficult with the stock Hyper 212+ (which is barely adequate for the 1055T anyway), I have to use a gate filter with a rather high tolerance because otherwise my streams/recordings will have some background buzzing. Then again, my power supply is also quite noisy, I should get a Seasonic.

I'd invest a few $$$ into computer's quietness if building a dampening box around it wasn't cheaper, and I wasn't broke after buying the Fast Track Pro :D

Mar 9, 2012 at 6:51 PM Post #6,689 of 10,932

Quote:
A legit plan. I'd like the new cooler to be future-socket-compatible though, so when I swap to Ivy Bridge (not likely to swap so soon tho), it would still fit, or have an aftermarket bracket that makes it fit.
But yes the noise floor is difficult with the stock Hyper 212+ (which is barely adequate for the 1055T anyway), I have to use a gate filter with a rather high tolerance because otherwise my streams/recordings will have some background buzzing. Then again, my power supply is also quite noisy, I should get a Seasonic.
I'd invest a few $$$ into computer's quietness if building a dampening box around it wasn't cheaper, and I wasn't broke after buying the Fast Track Pro
biggrin.gif

I have a Seasonic X-750 which doesn't even turn on its fan under 20% load.  Even then, I don't think I've ever heard my PSU.  Also take advantage of those rubber screws when replacing case fans.  When you go Intel, things will be much much cooler too!

Mar 10, 2012 at 4:09 AM Post #6,690 of 10,932
I have a Seasonic X-750 which doesn't even turn on its fan under 20% load.  Even then, I don't think I've ever heard my PSU.  Also take advantage of those rubber screws when replacing case fans.  When you go Intel, things will be much much cooler too!

Good to know! It's not AMD's fault that I picked up an imcompatible cooler though (Hyper 212+ doesn't list the X6 series, and they do have a 125-140W TPD)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back