Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Mar 2, 2012 at 10:50 PM Post #6,616 of 10,933

Quote:
Amongst enthusiasts who aren't blinded by "gamer" marketing? Sure as hell seems like it.

The advantage of rubber-dome switches is that they're cheap as hell to make, so in situations where you just need a lot of keyboards, they're the better choice (e.g., a rubber-dome keyboard that "just works" can be gotten for like, 10USD. Compare a good mechanical keyboard, which can run for 80USD and up).

-- Griffinhart

i know exactly what you mean by cheap mass production :) so the logitech with LCD..is rubber dome? hmm that took a lot of fun out of it :/

Mar 3, 2012 at 12:09 AM Post #6,619 of 10,933
Anyone ever tried this board?

It uses these^ "plungers" which adds a tactile feel to the rubber dome underneath. Purchased it, and while it's no Cherry Brown, it's an interesting keyboard to maybe try out as a mechanical alternative.

Mar 3, 2012 at 12:44 AM Post #6,620 of 10,933

Quote:

So what if it's bose it's not the consumer line nor did I pay for them sure they might not be the best sounding speakers on earth but hey that's why we got headphones right ?
I love my hifiman even if they aren't the top of the range.

Quote:
i was about to say the same thing. there are some good sounding bose though.... well i see a lot of audiophile/audio parts......but...any responce on why? this is just head fi bias and sterotype..but hey..if not for us..who else would spot and point that out? if there is sterotype and biases....well. let this be the only place left on the interwebs to have that bias!

Like I said these aren't the consumer product it's the "pro" audio line and they came with the rest of my stereo equipment as a trade they might not be audiophile grade but I like them and sure
they don't sound as great as the totem speakers we use in the entertainment room but they still pound out the tunes
wink_face.gif

Plus why be snobs about my speakers on a headphone forum :/

sorry if this seemed a little defensive just didn't like people jumping to conclusions is all

loving some of these setups tho some of you guys have GREAT desktop setups makes me jelly :p.

Mar 3, 2012 at 12:46 AM Post #6,621 of 10,933

Quote:
So what if it's bose it's not the consumer line nor did I pay for them sure they might not be the best sounding speakers on earth but hey that's why we got headphones right ?
I love my hifiman even if they aren't the top of the range.

Like I said these aren't the consumer product it's the "pro" audio line and they came with the rest of my stereo equipment as a trade they might not be audiophile grade but I like them and sure
they don't sound as great as the totem speakers we use in the entertainment room but they still pound out the tunes
wink_face.gif

Plus why be snobs about my speakers on a headphone forum :/

sorry if this seemed a little defensive just didn't like people jumping to conclusions is all

loving some of these setups tho some of you guys have GREAT desktop setups makes me jelly :p.

we may be a headphone forum....but as you can tell.speakers are also business around here

Mar 3, 2012 at 12:53 AM Post #6,623 of 10,933

Quote:
I know I know just being a little defensive :p not like I was claiming the bose were the end all be all speakers.

don't worry i know what you mean. if you analyze my post you can tell. It's common knowledge amongst some here about this placebo and bias but like i also said.....as nobody else thinks Bose isn't as top notch as they try to sell themselves as, we need to be a bit more extreme in what we post here .

Mar 3, 2012 at 1:52 AM Post #6,625 of 10,933

Quote:
Turns out that everything you knew was wrong, wwww

-- Griffinhart

haha not exactly. my logitechs...sound "good" in a sense. it has over powering bass that my consumer self likes at times. and like i said in another post. after demo'ing i found that i would need to spend over $600 to get speakers to sound just good for me...so of course my logitech's for $150 were a steal.

Mar 3, 2012 at 3:14 AM Post #6,627 of 10,933
This is where I'm working at the moment. This simple setup is crammed onto a very small, very old desk that I love.

In the photo:

Apple MacBook Air 11" --> iTunes (with Amarra) --> Fostex HP-A3 USB (bus-powered) DAC/amp --> Fostex TH900 headphone

Mar 3, 2012 at 5:59 AM Post #6,628 of 10,933
For the discerning listener i own that picture ( rolf 312012) u guys inspired me ty

I am very happy with a change i made today... cleaned out a bedroom to the bare walls  
then put 2 paradigm 9.v4s monitors behind me

and a craigs list denon  avr-65 receiver probably 75 bucks with a headphone jack.
plus drivin my paradigms on speakers A if i get sick of headphones.

I placed the speakers 100 inches to my at 45 degrees behind me.
i can imagine if i had better than xfi and a dac it could be better
but im tellin u it sounds absolutely amazing.
the point get an old but a good quality receiver. i have a used rotel rx
comin from ebay :wink: gonna swap it with denon to hear. point is it sounds
amazing without costing a fortune buy used imho when u can
maybe im just a noob .......(rolf owns this image 312012.)

equipment list 
old computer for music only audigy 2 nx with foobar 2000 (free)
computer 2 for gaming (q4) but can switch sound to speakers
through denon avr-65 receiver and lower gaming sound and 
play music at simultaneously .. soundz amazing
speakers paradigm 9.v4 look for get em used new ones arent
 as good imho i heard em
old sony 5 disc changer below receiver sounds great 
also using an obi100 with google voice through broadband 
for free phone free texting free answering machine
(no monthly phone bill ) etc TY! google voice and obiha
i hate monthly bills hope it stays free H=K701 headphones 
listen to alison krauss and this guy  is very amazing 
Rodrigo y Gabriela.. 
What could make my system sound better bang for the buck ????? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back