Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Feb 14, 2012 at 10:14 PM Post #6,244 of 10,933
Have fun trying to beat amount of stuff I have
tongue.gif
  I'm also not going to bother to clean up the mess I have on my desk as I'm studying for midterms
tongue.gif

I treat my 3+ year old Vaio like a desktop since there was a deal on an 24" HP IPS monitor I couldn't pass up on.  Also absolutely love my new Ducky Shine mechanical KB.  If anyone was a majestouch 2 with backlight, this is the keyboard to get!
Then of course I have all my gear which is in my signature.

a6fa5205-22f5-2949.jpg

Do I win? :wink: Sorry it's so big.. posted from my phone.

Feb 15, 2012 at 2:01 AM Post #6,246 of 10,933
My desk isn't as bad as yours AyeVeeN, but I have a curved corner desk and I am nice and spread out, and I love it! :wink:
My new place for throwing all my crap and cleaning every once in a while

Feb 15, 2012 at 3:44 AM Post #6,247 of 10,933
My laptop desk on wheels

http://img36.imageshack.us/i/imagendr.jpg/

Alienware m18x i7-2960xm 580m SLI and so on

Sent from my iPhone4 using Tapatalk

Feb 15, 2012 at 4:16 AM Post #6,248 of 10,933

ALAC -> iTunes -> Musiland US 02 -> Cambridge Audio Azur 550A - Usher 520S Speakers
ALAC -> iTunes -> Musiland US 02 -> Little Dot + -> Grado 225i

Simple and enjoyable :)  Took me a while to get here but content for the time being.

Love this thread so much and have done for the last few years, especially during those quiet times at work :p

Feb 15, 2012 at 12:17 PM Post #6,251 of 10,933

Quote:

That logitech mic is such a win - I have the same one and its brilliant!

I have similar looking one from Logitech but black but it completely sux! xD So much background noise when talking... Is it USB or goes to the mic jack, mine goes to the mic jack at least.

Feb 15, 2012 at 1:09 PM Post #6,252 of 10,933

Quote:
I have similar looking one from Logitech but black but it completely sux! xD So much background noise when talking... Is it USB or goes to the mic jack, mine goes to the mic jack at least.

mate i know EXACTLY what you mean.
I initially bought the 3.5mm jack one (the black one) first, as I thought: "hey my asus xonar should really drive this brilliantly" Oh god no, it was just full of hissing, background noise, not loud enough - the list goes on.

Then i bought the USB one, the one pictured, and god is it amazing!
You can talk (as long as u have it turned up on your system) from across the room :)

It is a brilliant mic + the inclusion of the on/off switch makes it totally perfect for gamers, and skpers alike

Feb 15, 2012 at 2:16 PM Post #6,253 of 10,933
Another vote for the Logitech USB mic. My only complaint about it is that the up/down hinge has gotten slightly loose over the years and the moves, but it still holds up decently (there's just a small range where it's kind of loose - above or below that area, the mic holds fine), and it's got superior quality to... pretty much ever PC mic I've ever used.

Also: you can use it with a PS3, because Sony did the sensible thing and made the PS3 compatible with my standard input devices (e.g., USB keyboards, USB and Bluetooth mics/headsets). Wish I could say the same for the X360...

-- Griffinhart

Feb 15, 2012 at 2:22 PM Post #6,254 of 10,933

Quote:
Another vote for the Logitech USB mic. My only complaint about it is that the up/down hinge has gotten slightly loose over the years and the moves, but it still holds up decently (there's just a small range where it's kind of loose - above or below that area, the mic holds fine), and it's got superior quality to... pretty much ever PC mic I've ever used.

Oh yeah!
True

Feb 15, 2012 at 3:12 PM Post #6,255 of 10,933
May have to bust out my camera and snap a pic. I'm honestly a much bigger computer nerd than audio enthusiast. Though it's slightly neater and less impressive now that I swapped my quad 20" CRTs (HEAVY) for a single 27" LCD.

Right now I've got my 27" flanked by my Acoustic Research HC6 with the center speaker behind, on top of that center speaker I have an upgraded 4xSLA 800W UPS entirely hidden by the 27", and in the front I have my Logitech Performance MX, K800, Logitech USB mic, Beyer 770s, and epic Z-Line computer chair. Off to the side on top of the desk I've got my monster gaming rig (quad core 4ghz, 6gb ram, 8TB HDD+120GB SSD). Oh, and the 8" long-throw sub is perfect footrest height for my long legs (I'm 6'7") I've also got my XPS15, HP touchpad, and Dell PowerEdge server within arms reach :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back