Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Oct 2, 2011 at 7:58 AM Post #5,431 of 10,933

The new 2.1 AVI system has much better sound quality and is far better for listening to music with. I do miss having surround sound when playing first person shooter games though.

Yeah this is what I was thinking, better for music but you will miss the surround when playing games. What about getting some headphones for gaming?

Love the speakers though, very nice

Oct 2, 2011 at 10:33 AM Post #5,432 of 10,933
Nice setups everyone 
smily_headphones1.gif

Rig: HP Pavilion dv7-6153ea > Yulong D100 > Fischer Audio FA-002w-LBR

Oct 2, 2011 at 12:36 PM Post #5,433 of 10,933

Quote:
Yeah this is what I was thinking, better for music but you will miss the surround when playing games. What about getting some headphones for gaming?
Love the speakers though, very nice

Most games sound just as good in stereo, the only ones that really suffer are FPS.

Surround sound gaming headphones are good idea that I hadn't considered. Could anybody here recommend a good set?

Oct 2, 2011 at 3:40 PM Post #5,435 of 10,933

Most games sound just as good in stereo, the only ones that really suffer are FPS.

Surround sound gaming headphones are good idea that I hadn't considered. Could anybody here recommend a good set?

I wouldn't recommend a surround headset, not heard any good things that a soundcard and normal headphones wouldn't surpass. What soundcard do you have at the moment, I didn't see one in your linked post? A Xonar or X-Fi will downmix multichannel game audio into stereo giving pinpoint positional audio in games. I'm currrently playing the BF3 demo doing just this and the positional accuracy is awesome! You only then need headphones that float your boat.

Oct 2, 2011 at 4:47 PM Post #5,437 of 10,933

Quote:
What soundcard do you have at the moment

I don't have a soundcard because I found the motherboards onboard sound worked just as well as my old X-Fi soundcard did for 5.1 gaming.

With this new 2.1 setup I just use the digital optical output straight  to the very high quality DAC that's built into the AVI speaker system.

Oct 2, 2011 at 5:00 PM Post #5,438 of 10,933

I don't have a soundcard because I found the motherboards onboard sound worked just as well as my old X-Fi soundcard did for 5.1 gaming.

With this new 2.1 setup I just use the digital optical output straight  to the very high quality DAC that's built into the AVI speaker system.

It will work fine for music using SPIF out but you will miss lots of effects in games. Depends how much you game and how much your bothered :)

Oct 2, 2011 at 9:43 PM Post #5,440 of 10,933

Quote:

Pick a quality set of stereo headphones and use CMSS-3D Headphone or Dolby Headphone to get your surround. The Samson SR850's becoming popular around here for that, but I haven't tried it. The AD700 is pretty much what everyone says it is. If you have the money, you could step up to a vintage Stax Lambda set, but by then you've passed the law of diminishing returns for gaming performance only (not so much for music playback).

Oct 3, 2011 at 1:47 AM Post #5,441 of 10,933
Damn, these setups look so expensive! How about some more budget/student setups?

Mine was a student setup I'm 20. It was on a budget. It took a while to acquire it all.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/529140/show-us-your-head-fi-station-at-its-current-state-no-old-pictures-please/2220#post_7788899

Oct 3, 2011 at 1:52 AM Post #5,442 of 10,933

Quote:
Mine was a student setup I'm 20. It was on a budget. It took a while to acquire it all.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/529140/show-us-your-head-fi-station-at-its-current-state-no-old-pictures-please/2220#post_7788899

You just have to slowly save up :]. My current set up is Lyr, NFB-12, LCD2  with the E10 and bifrost coming 

Oct 3, 2011 at 2:14 AM Post #5,443 of 10,933
The nice thing about not having a girlfriend is that you don't have to blow money on stupid ass jewelry and other pointless crap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back