Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Sep 16, 2011 at 11:48 PM Post #5,342 of 10,933

Quote:

I have a Cambridge DACMagic, Heed Canamp, and AKG K701s in my computer desktop setup.  

Here is a better shot of the desk ( I used a wide angle lens, so the scale is off a bit)

FYI There is also a Gateway PC under the desk, so it is not an OSX only setup.

Wow, you have your entire houses entertainment in one spot. Do you even get up lol :D
If you make your wife cook for you and install your own chair toilet, you'd never have to move....HAHA

Sep 17, 2011 at 12:01 AM Post #5,343 of 10,933

Quote:
@uofmtiger, can your door even open? Looks impossible from this angle! You've got a lot of gadgets.

The monitor in front of the door is on an Ergotron mount, so I just swing it in front of the desk when I need to get in the closet.  The monitor looks bigger than it is because of the wide angle perspective.  It is a 25.5 inch and the iMac which looks smaller is a 27 inch.  The closet has a fold out treadmill, so I get in and out of the closet all the time.

Quote:
Wow, you have your entire houses entertainment in one spot. Do you even get up lol :D

If you make your wife cook for you and install your own chair toilet, you'd never have to move....HAHA

That is a great idea!  I need to look into that!

Sep 17, 2011 at 3:55 AM Post #5,344 of 10,933

Quote:
The monitor in front of the door is on an Ergotron mount, so I just swing it in front of the desk when I need to get in the closet.  The monitor looks bigger than it is because of the wide angle perspective.  It is a 25.5 inch and the iMac which looks smaller is a 27 inch.  The closet has a fold out treadmill, so I get in and out of the closet all the time.

That is a great idea!  I need to look into that!

haha, dont tell here i gave you any ideas, she'll come after me with that kitchen knife again

Sep 17, 2011 at 5:33 AM Post #5,345 of 10,933
Added some new speakers to the computer rig, Pioneer Hpm-100's. Never mind the overflowing trash can. The Mac Mini will be Sold on Monday to supply some much needed cash to upgrade my receiver and to aid in the building of a new windows machine.

You cant really see it, but that yellow blob on my desk is my first ever 'source' a refurbished Sony Sports Walkman, I loved that thing in Jr High, played all my dad's old tapes on it for years, I remember specifically playing "Space Trucking' about a bajillion times. My dad bought me my first closed back headphones to go with it, some Technics, Im sure their still at his house somewhere.

Sep 17, 2011 at 9:44 AM Post #5,346 of 10,933

Quote:
Added some new speakers to the computer rig, Pioneer Hpm-100's. Never mind the overflowing trash can. The Mac Mini will be Sold on Monday to supply some much needed cash to upgrade my receiver and to aid in the building of a new windows machine.

You cant really see it, but that yellow blob on my desk is my first ever 'source' a refurbished Sony Sports Walkman, I loved that thing in Jr High, played all my dad's old tapes on it for years, I remember specifically playing "Space Trucking' about a bajillion times. My dad bought me my first closed back headphones to go with it, some Technics, Im sure their still at his house somewhere.

Congrats, maybe save up for a nice Pioneer? Dont forget to post em in the vintage speaker thread
beerchug.gif

Sep 17, 2011 at 1:39 PM Post #5,348 of 10,933
Heres my gaming rig! getting on abit now waitting for 2011 socket for upgrade. cpu Q9550@4g /geil 8500 4gb mem/his 6950(asus shader bios)x2/crucial 128 ssd/creative x-fi elie pro/ home make case

the start of headphone rig. sure its just the start though after comingh here i,ve find a new lease of life for music.

"Home make case"? -_-
MountainMods you mean...

Sep 17, 2011 at 2:42 PM Post #5,350 of 10,933

Quote:

that is so SICK!! i love those speakers with the mesh off, are those vintage? I have some speaker lab 7's from the 70's and those remind me of them :D

Sep 17, 2011 at 3:03 PM Post #5,351 of 10,933
I believe they are Vintage Pioneer HPM-100s (or something of the HPM series for sure).

Quote:
that is so SICK!! i love those speakers with the mesh off, are those vintage? I have some speaker lab 7's from the 70's and those remind me of them :D

Sep 17, 2011 at 3:15 PM Post #5,353 of 10,933

Quote:
I believe they are Vintage Pioneer HPM-100s (or something of the HPM series for sure).

They are indeed HPM-100s. But in order to do them justice, they do need to be raised off the floor. Tweeters should be at ear level for best performance. Once you do that, you will be amazed at how good they sound 
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 17, 2011 at 6:53 PM Post #5,354 of 10,933

Quote:

Quote:
They are indeed HPM-100s. But in order to do them justice, they do need to be raised off the floor. Tweeters should be at ear level for best performance. Once you do that, you will be amazed at how good they sound 
smily_headphones1.gif

They are pretty sick heres the wikipedia on them,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pioneer_HPM-100
Got them from the thrift store for cheap.

Im working on finding something that will support their weight and get them up off the floor that doesnt look like total doodoo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back