Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Sep 7, 2011 at 11:25 PM Post #5,268 of 10,933
Here's my new setup.  

Computer Specs:
Core i5 2500k @ 4.6ghz
G-Skill Ripjaws 1600 RAM 8 gigs
EVGA 580 GTX
Antec CP-1000 1000 watt power supply
1TB Western Digital HDD

The case is an Antec 1200, my amp is a Matrix M-Stage, and my headphones are the Ultrasone Pro 900.  

I'm happy with my new command center 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Sep 8, 2011 at 2:49 AM Post #5,269 of 10,933

The iMac is 27" to give a size reference, though this crowd is probably more familiar with the size of the HD650s. I gave my Audioengine A5s to my brother and have been experimenting with a few speakers I have in the house until I get around to actually buying a new pair. These Onkyos are from a HTIB I bought 8+ years ago and they actually sound pretty nice.

Sep 8, 2011 at 4:46 AM Post #5,270 of 10,933

Quote:

The iMac is 27" to give a size reference, though this crowd is probably more familiar with the size of the HD650s. I gave my Audioengine A5s to my brother and have been experimenting with a few speakers I have in the house until I get around to actually buying a new pair. These Onkyos are from a HTIB I bought 8+ years ago and they actually sound pretty nice.

I have an old pro logic receiver laying around and was thinking about pairing it up with good quality bookshelves like these and then I was also thinking about getting the Audioengine 5's.  I do not know which way to spend my energy or which way to go.  Do you think you are getting better sound out of this setup vs. the audio engire 5's you had?

Sep 8, 2011 at 7:24 AM Post #5,272 of 10,933

Quote:
Here's my new setup.  

Computer Specs:
Core i5 2500k @ 4.6ghz
G-Skill Ripjaws 1600 RAM 8 gigs
EVGA 580 GTX
Antec CP-1000 1000 watt power supply
1TB Western Digital HDD

The case is an Antec 1200, my amp is a Matrix M-Stage, and my headphones are the Ultrasone Pro 900.  

I'm happy with my new command center 
very_evil_smiley.gif

nice mouse and keyboard! am running the same! will post my set up soon for ya to check out.  based out of a Clevo laptop (pretty hard core one tho)

Sep 8, 2011 at 6:09 PM Post #5,273 of 10,933

Quote:

Sorry for the first post :wink: my mistake.

So here is my setup !

CPU : Core i5 760 @ 2.80 GHz cooled by ProlimaTech Samuel17 + Papst 4412F/2GL
Mem : Corsair XMS3 2x2 Go DDR3 PC 10600 CAS9
MB : Asus P7P55-M
GC : Sapphire Radeon HD5770 Vapor-X
SC : Asus Xonar Essence STX
SSD : Corsair Force 60 Go
HDD : Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 To
Case : Lian Li PC-C50B
PSU : Seasonic S12II 82+ 520W
BRD : Plextor PX-B320SA
Mouse : Razer DeathAdder
Keyboard : Logitech Media Keyboard K200
LCD : Iiyama ProLite B2712HDS
Speakers : Yamaha HS80M, Cordial+Rean cabled, on Ultimate Stands MS-36-B
Headphones : AKG K701
Micro : Logitech Desktop Microphone

Slick.

Sep 9, 2011 at 12:49 AM Post #5,276 of 10,933
@telcontar

What Lian Li computer case is that?  Looks great laying horizontally, I think I like it better than a case that stands up vertically.  

Sep 9, 2011 at 11:20 AM Post #5,279 of 10,933

Quote:
It is the PC-C50 http://lian-li.com/v2/en/flashpage/c50/.

It is a beautifull case, all brushed aluminium, but it lakes room inside, it is a bit tiny.

They are cases that are mostly used for home theater and would not be good to use them for a gamming PC.  They are too small for most gamming video cards and they cannot hold a lot of drives.  You are limited.  They arre great to use as a media center and/or music jukebox and if you build one with a high end video card that has a good DAC on it and you have a pretty good headphone rig.

Sep 10, 2011 at 9:20 AM Post #5,280 of 10,933
Thanks for the feedback Jibbie, my music library mostly consists of 320kbps mp3's I do have some FLAC audio files but I honestly can not tell a difference when using my Klipsch image x10i's or anything else, my ears are pretty good, I have been really picky with my music since I was really young and always found flaws in my music, would you say I don't notice a difference because of the hardware I am using to power my headphones? I know the ipod touch DAC is not the best way to get high quality sound but even when using my friends pc with his nice asus soundcard I still can't notice a difference between 256-320-flac he uses Etymotic hf3's I believe and a 200$ pair of sennheiser headphones, can't remember which model.

I have heard a lot of people say bad things about the Klipsch image one headphones but after leaving them on for 4 days burning them in they sound so much different now, the bass can still be overwhelming so I just leave the equalizer off and it sounds amazing. If there is something I can find for 130$ that's better I would be interested in hearing about it because I can still return these, I love the sound but am not too excited about the memory foam / fake leather they use because I have had it slide off before and it is such a pain to put back on.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back