Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Aug 28, 2011 at 11:28 AM Post #5,176 of 10,933

Quote:
But how do the A2's sound? I also am looking for slightly smaller speakers that the A5s.

They sound good for a small speaker but don't expect it to sound like the older brother the A5's cuz if you crank this baby up it starts to distort on music (some not all) with good amount of bass.. the A2's are best for close field listening and mid volume levels IMO.

Aug 28, 2011 at 11:48 AM Post #5,178 of 10,933
Well I don't have a lot of experience with speakers but to my ears these babies are not flat. They have a much richer presentation that monitors should have. They are also not clinical but do have a nice amount of detail. The treble itself is smooth, the mids are lush, and the bass is a few dB's over neutral. 

You could probably use them as monitors but I wouldn't recommend it as they aren't neutral enough.

Quote:
So how good are these audio engine 5s?? Are the monitor good?

Aug 28, 2011 at 11:54 AM Post #5,179 of 10,933
I find that they have a ton of bass if you pull them further away from the wall. So I just dampen the wall and push them closer. This effectively lowers the amount of bass and tightens it up as well.

To my ears the A2's have much more bass. At least double that of the A5's (in my layout that is).

Quote:
How does the sound affects your A5's when you have the back so close to the wall? any difference in SQ when it's farther? I wanted to try them A5's out on my setup but I fear my table is right behind my wall and not having enough space for my liking so instead I got the A2's because of it's front-ported type of speaker and it's small size. :)

Aug 28, 2011 at 12:44 PM Post #5,180 of 10,933
HAHA - i would have said sound isolation platforms would be great - but I think Lenin's books probably need sound isolation in them selves....

Quote:
Yes, I was considering elevating them. I assume it doesn't really matter what material I use, right? I was thinking of placing under some books by Lenin so that crap would serve at least some purpose. :D

Aug 28, 2011 at 3:25 PM Post #5,183 of 10,933
Yeah there wasn't much room in the whole house so the attic had to do! It may look small but it isn't at all.

And indeed it's a nice man-cave or internest :wink:

And Adobe sucks. I bought a new copy of Photoshop CS3 about 2 years back for $150 and that's a good deal.

Quote:
@Zombie_X: But at least they're letting you 'rent' it now! Granted, it actually costs more over the same period of time if you buy it in one-year blogs and even more if you buy it month-to-month... But it is more convenient. You know, exact that it's not... Oh, right, I forgot. Adobe likes money. Now I remember why they did it.

Also, love the man-cave.

Aug 29, 2011 at 6:30 AM Post #5,187 of 10,933

Quote:
Two questions: 

What desk are you using that has that much room?  Also, what type of monitors are those.  I can see they are Dells, but they look really gorgeous!

Anyways, great setup, nice and clean! :)

These are ikea's vika desk..Dreaming of  better.. is spot on..these are U2711, really amazing set of displays highly recommend it. 1 draw back for most are the coating tho. 

Aug 29, 2011 at 12:56 PM Post #5,190 of 10,933

Quote:
eek.gif
two $800 displays. My wallet would never forgive me such expenses.

I like how the drawback is the coating and not the money. 

But wow that looks nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back