Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Jul 10, 2011 at 7:31 AM Post #4,712 of 10,933
cutting mat for mousepad XD

why not go the full A1 size 
biggrin.gif

i used same for quite a while

Jul 10, 2011 at 10:06 AM Post #4,714 of 10,933
@drez : I recently moved into my new place, didn't have time to look for a new mouse pad yet.This will do for now.

@Syan25 : Thanks, that is a question I've been stuck with since 2004..I have no clue who she is. Maybe someone here could identify her?

Jul 10, 2011 at 1:23 PM Post #4,716 of 10,933

Quote:
CMS 50s are also an option for me - I also think the size is also an issue.  The set that mahesh has are way to big for what I am looking for...

CMS 40's? The only thing you'd be missing is less low end. The 50's have juuust enough for 99% of music, there's only a couple of dubstep tracks I have which feature notes that are so low you can barely/not hear them due to the roll off. It's okay though as sub bass travels and I don't want to annoy anyone below/next to my room. I know most club PAs generally go down to 40hz, so I don't really feel for music like I'm missing enough for it to be annoying. The Focal CMS Sub is ridiculously huge, the cabinet is probably big enough for squeeze a child into if it was empty!

Jul 10, 2011 at 5:18 PM Post #4,717 of 10,933

Quote:
No fancy camera here. Still worth posting, since I added new components (Audio-GD NFB-12, and tape recorder) and changed it around significantly.

How are you liking your Audio-GD NFG-12? And if anything, what were you using before?

Jul 10, 2011 at 6:59 PM Post #4,718 of 10,933

The police may have something to say about squeezing children into subwoofer speaker cabinets - but hey - isn't it musical appreciation?

I will look into the CM40s, What were you paying for those?

Quote:
CMS 40's? The only thing you'd be missing is less low end. The 50's have juuust enough for 99% of music, there's only a couple of dubstep tracks I have which feature notes that are so low you can barely/not hear them due to the roll off. It's okay though as sub bass travels and I don't want to annoy anyone below/next to my room. I know most club PAs generally go down to 40hz, so I don't really feel for music like I'm missing enough for it to be annoying. The Focal CMS Sub is ridiculously huge, the cabinet is probably big enough for squeeze a child into if it was empty!

Jul 10, 2011 at 8:41 PM Post #4,719 of 10,933

Quote:
No fancy camera here. Still worth posting, since I added new components (Audio-GD NFB-12, and tape recorder) and changed it around significantly.

I have to ask, what's in the "boxes" between the fans? I'd guess that's where the CPU would be on most motherboards but I've never seen a heatsink like that, though if it is a heatsink it's a massive piece of kit, you have disks in the standard place so it's not that.

Jul 10, 2011 at 11:35 PM Post #4,720 of 10,933

Quote:
I have to ask, what's in the "boxes" between the fans? I'd guess that's where the CPU would be on most motherboards but I've never seen a heatsink like that, though if it is a heatsink it's a massive piece of kit, you have disks in the standard place so it's not that.

it's a big heatsink. I don't remember the model off hand, but it's one of the largest available.

also, Tilpo, I dig the complete lack of any cable management. it reminds me of my room.

Jul 11, 2011 at 2:04 AM Post #4,721 of 10,933

How are you liking your Audio-GD NFG-12? And if anything, what were you using before?

I didn't have anything before - just the 3.5mm port straight from my mobo. The difference is huge, and yes - I love that little box. I love it so much I have one on order now as a present for my dad.

It's a heatsink for my CPU. It's a Scythe Mugen II. And yeah it's big, and a pain to set up, but on the other hand it did cost about $35 and it's an excellent piece of cooling for the price.
it's a big heatsink. I don't remember the model off hand, but it's one of the largest available.

also, Tilpo, I dig the complete lack of any cable management. it reminds me of my room.

I'm aware of the lack of cable management. Do I care the slightest? NO. :wink:
The thing is, it's not that bad. I used to have cables all over my desk, but now it's only underneath my desk that there are many wires. And furthermore just three wires going to the bookshelf above my desk. I'd have to buy longer speaker cables, drill a hole in the shelf and get a pipe to muffle those three away - in other words, too much work.

Jul 11, 2011 at 2:51 AM Post #4,723 of 10,933
Scythe make monsters. Check out this Scythe Orochi during install on my mAtx board. 2.2 lbs I think . Crazy

Jul 11, 2011 at 3:05 AM Post #4,724 of 10,933

Quote:
Scythe make monsters. Check out this Scythe Orochi during install on my mAtx board. 2.2 lbs I think . Crazy

And we have a winner!  Is that thing meant to be fanless or something?

Jul 11, 2011 at 3:24 AM Post #4,725 of 10,933
Yes it can operate fanless. Was one of the top 10 for that. But when even a small amount of air goes through its remarkable how it cools.( 10 heatpipes ) It came with some massive slower rpm fan but this is setup fanless for my setup now. I posted in here back on page 276 I think it was. Action shots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back