Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Jun 13, 2011 at 3:51 AM Post #4,336 of 10,932
Unfortunately, net neutrality is still an impending doom, and not really limited to Google as it is a global concern. Most definitely something that can never happen, no matter how much certain lobbyists want it.

Also, the fact that search results are being censored due to them bending to movie and music industry whims, which certainly doesn't bode well for them either, not to mention the personal data that leaks from multiple services. Still, I do like pinpoint searching on their engine.

But honestly, I hope they go more for x or y weekly game tournaments  instead of secretly pulling strings through the massive amount of data they hold on everyone in almost every IT segment available.

Jun 13, 2011 at 6:29 AM Post #4,337 of 10,932
Thanks for the comments..

Have mulled over the mac pro route.......the third screen isn't actually part of the main system ...i was setting up an unraid server and didnt actually move the screen !

The imac will be based on config / i7/3.4/16gb/ssd/2gb gpu......should cope with the intended use....My main system has been fantastic with what ever I have thrown at it . You get great satisfaction when you build a pc and it just works  The higher spec mac pros based on what i have seen and read will be superb im sure, this will be my first flirtation with mac.....

My only slight caveat was the glossy screen . your pampered working with Nec monitors, the intended use is video and whilst colour criticality is important I feel the slight compromise to be palletable.

The desk by the way is Herman Miller....

Unomelodida

Jun 13, 2011 at 3:57 PM Post #4,338 of 10,932
Just a little response:

Can run multiple monitors does not mean should. If you're doing heavy graphics work with multiple monitors (say, with FinalCut Pro?) you're really going to want to have as much graphics horsepower as possible otherwise you'll have a bottleneck.

Jun 13, 2011 at 3:59 PM Post #4,339 of 10,932

crappy pic but only have a cellphone camera thing.

Anyway this is my setup.
from left to right.
Philips BD9600 Blurayplayer   -  my pc - MF M1 DAC - M2tech EVO - WA5-LE.
Plasma is a LG 60pk250. bottom left a Dune mediaplayer. All bases covered i guess  :)

Jun 13, 2011 at 4:13 PM Post #4,340 of 10,932

Quote:
Just a little response:

Can run multiple monitors does not mean should. If you're doing heavy graphics work with multiple monitors (say, with FinalCut Pro?) you're really going to want to have as much graphics horsepower as possible otherwise you'll have a bottleneck.

The GPU in question handles it easily. Now a powerful CPU is a whole different matter...

Jun 13, 2011 at 5:58 PM Post #4,345 of 10,932

Quote:

crappy pic but only have a cellphone camera thing.

Anyway this is my setup.
from left to right.
Philips BD9600 Blurayplayer   -  my pc - MF M1 DAC - M2tech EVO - WA5-LE.
Plasma is a LG 60pk250. bottom left a Dune mediaplayer. All bases covered i guess  :)

I dont think thats an HD800 on the right, I think its the box. I might be wrong though.

Jun 13, 2011 at 6:53 PM Post #4,349 of 10,932
Quote:
guys, the one on the right is a box...

I looks like only one pair and its box

I think its the box.

It's a box.

biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back