Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Jun 9, 2011 at 5:09 PM Post #4,276 of 10,933

Quote:
Take book. Put book under front of speaker.

HAHA. 

I did the same thing for a while, but I used a a piece of wood cut on an angle.  In reality, just use anything you can find, even just a few sheets of folded paper. Then I upgraded to mopads and sold my AV40's for BX5as!

Jun 9, 2011 at 5:24 PM Post #4,277 of 10,933
that is so beautiful.

Quote:
How about this 40 page thread?
wink.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f46/po...s-here-204781/

Anyway, here is my main computer rig.
17511210ks4.jpg

Jun 9, 2011 at 5:28 PM Post #4,278 of 10,933
I have some dvds and a sharpie under each of mine to raise them up...I used a heavy crt monitor for a while so right in the middle of my desk it dips real bad since it's molded plastic so I've been trying to find a nice wooden desk but it seems every time I find one that's decent on craigslist it's already been sold xD

Jun 9, 2011 at 9:33 PM Post #4,281 of 10,933
Interesting... I've only recently really become interested in headphones, though I have owned them all my life.  I am the father of an autistic child with a certain defined routine; he doesn't deal with me listening to music very well when he wants to do his thing.  Of course "his thing" is any time that he is awake.  As a result I rock the house with my speakers during the daytime hours when he is away... the silver lining being that I have upstairs neighbors that I don't much care for and they play garbage music and so I can easily just cancel them out.  But while I see so many beautiful and impressive pictures of some really nice setups here, I am glad to not have to deal with worrying about speaker stands and proper height adjustments for them, or special vibration dampening and sound isolating pads.  I'm just an old coot that is happy as a lark with my old vintage KEF 105/2 Reference Speakers from 1979 that are in near PERFECT condition and will just rattle the house, while at the same time sound superb with any kind of music.  These speakers sold in 1979 for nearly $3000 and they have been serviced over the years so as to remain pretty spectacular to my ears.  I bought them used for a song so I guess everything is relevant.  But in this case I am just happy not to have to deal with all of these issues you guys go through!  HAHA

Jun 9, 2011 at 9:51 PM Post #4,282 of 10,933

Quote:

Lol, I swear I had the same exact desk when my dad bought our first computer in the early 90's!!! It had a little shelved area up top too but we ended up taking that off.  Does that desk come with the stickers that look like wood and hide the screws too? Hahaha that's amazing, I thought I'd never see that thing again. 

Man, I don't even remember. I got this desk in September of '09, when I first moved out here; I just needed a space for (at the time, at least) my laptop and homework. What I'd like to get is a much larger desk... *sigh*

-- Griffinhart

Jun 10, 2011 at 6:03 AM Post #4,284 of 10,933

My office.

The Mac Mini on my desk can be remotely controlled from my iPhone. It’s used to wirelessly stream music …

… to different locations in my flat.

For example upstairs to the living room.

Or to my favorite place for headphone listening:

Recently the AKG K701 has been replaced by a Beyerdynamic DT 990 (600 Ω version) …

… which works in wonderful synergy with the Schiit Valhalla headphone amp.

Jun 10, 2011 at 7:32 AM Post #4,285 of 10,933

Quote:

My office.

The Mac Mini on my desk can be remotely controlled from my iPhone. It’s used to wirelessly stream music …

… to different locations in my flat.

For example upstairs to the living room.

Or to my favorite place for headphone listening:

Recently the AKG K701 has been replaced by a Beyerdynamic DT 990 (600 Ω version) …

… which works in wonderful synergy with the Schiit Valhalla headphone amp.

Beautiful house, beautiful scenery, beautiful music. You're living a good life.

Jun 10, 2011 at 10:37 AM Post #4,290 of 10,933

Quote:
you got a REALLY nice set up man

Thank you! And you have a really nice profession, Syan25. I still regret rejecting the piano lessons my mother had in mind for me when I was a kid and liked to tinkle for hours on an ancient piano of one of my mother’s friends. Well, 54 years old now and too late for so many things, but I’m very happy whenever there’s an occasion for me to listen to a piano, regardless if in a concert or recorded.

Werner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back