Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Apr 10, 2011 at 4:51 AM Post #3,728 of 10,933
hmm I've only bought it recently so my impressions of it might not be too accurate, but imo it's comparable to the more expensive DacMagic ( the only mid-fi dac I owned in the past), even with A/Bing you might not be able to tell the difference, in terms of sound reproduction. It does bring about a slightly musical quality to different songs, so it isn't completely neutral, but the effect is pleasing ( to my ears). 

I'm using it with a Darkvoice 337 and Little Dot MKVII+ and the best thing about the Matrix mini is its wealth of connections, there's both RCA outputs as well as XLR outputs, so I'm able to connect both amps at once. It also includes a headphone amp but I have not tried it out so am unsure of how good the inbuilt amp is. But I think for it's price range it's a quality piece of work, won't go wrong with it, especially if you buy it used ( as I did haha ) 

EDIT* However the DacMagic does have upsampling, while the Matrix Mini does not, but to my ears upsampling only affects songs recorded at 128kbps to a obvious degree, so if you do not have much songs at 128kbps the Matrix Mini is a good choice.

Apr 10, 2011 at 7:00 PM Post #3,732 of 10,933
The shelfs are too small to hold them, well at least..... =/ ...... I just moved some stuff around and may try to get them somewhat stable though =] since schools started I've listened almost exclusively on my headphones. Now that i'm in a small dorm with cement walls, and cant have my speakers set up even close to properly my stereo just dosn't sound good (and yeah, I really never listen to it sitting at my computer, the right side is really too much there =[ ).....so yeah, I basically only play it when I'm chillin with friends in my room......when I go home for the summer that will change though =D....

Apr 10, 2011 at 7:40 PM Post #3,734 of 10,933
The shelfs are too small to hold them, well at least..... =/ ...... I just moved some stuff around and may try to get them somewhat stable though =] since schools started I've listened almost exclusively on my headphones. Now that i'm in a small dorm with cement walls, and cant have my speakers set up even close to properly my stereo just dosn't sound good (and yeah, I really never listen to it sitting at my computer, the right side is really too much there =[ ).....so yeah, I basically only play it when I'm chillin with friends in my room......when I go home for the summer that will change though =D....

Good luck with that!

Apr 10, 2011 at 8:51 PM Post #3,735 of 10,933

Trying to figure out why my Dad's old stereo system doesn't work + found that the power amp does + "borrow" unused speakers = upgrade for my computer :)

Its just some Polk R-10's and a Kenwood KM-205. It's an upgrade from stock speakers from Dell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back