Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Mar 10, 2011 at 11:19 PM Post #3,571 of 10,933

Quote:
I suppose I should post mine, shouldn't I?

Audio setup not included. Been giving attention to my new Klipsch speakers and really enjoying them. Good deal for 130$ and about as good as I'll need to go for desktop monitors. At least I think so anyway. Also finally got a new desk.

do you find your printer runs out of ink? i have the same or similar printer and id ont even print much at home yet, i have to replace the ink often.... ugh!

Mar 11, 2011 at 2:26 AM Post #3,573 of 10,933

Quote:
Some Harmon/Kardon Soundsticks II. In the future I want to upgrade them to more quality speakers but not many of them have the amount of bass these produce.

Of course a modest bookshelf 2.0 system is going to lose to a subwoofer in bass response, even if the woofer cone was relatively big they aren't meant to put out bassy farting noises unlike subwoofers. Then again the last time I heard the Soundsticks I was relatively impressed with the amount of bass the subwoofer was capable of, but I still enjoy a pair of active monitors (with or without a subwoofer) a lot more.

Mar 11, 2011 at 7:29 AM Post #3,574 of 10,933

Insilin, didn't your Harmon/Kardon Soundsticks II come with a subwoofer, making it a 2.1 system?

Mar 11, 2011 at 8:13 AM Post #3,575 of 10,933
Quote:

Quote:
Of course a modest bookshelf 2.0 system is going to lose to a subwoofer in bass response, even if the woofer cone was relatively big they aren't meant to put out bassy farting noises unlike subwoofers. Then again the last time I heard the Soundsticks I was relatively impressed with the amount of bass the subwoofer was capable of, but I still enjoy a pair of active monitors (with or without a subwoofer) a lot more.

Not necessarly, i have the alesis m1 mk2 passive moniters there 5.5" drivers go down to 45hz before they roll off the bass , thats around the same as my edifier s730 with it's 10" driver , the 10" had more force though but the 5.5" bass sounds alot cleaner and can still shake the house, the 2.1 multimedia sets are cheaply designed/made there woofers don't actually go that low there are boosted in the 80hz area to make it seem there more powerful than they actually are , cheap amps, drivers and poor designs means most struggle below 50hz.

Mar 11, 2011 at 8:39 AM Post #3,576 of 10,933

Quote:
The Focals in your signature are $1300 :O . I would only be able to go max to maybe $400 for a decent setup.

Would something like this come close to the bass I am accustomed to: 
http://www.long-mcquade.com/products/8872/Pro_Audio_Recording/Studio_Monitors/M-Audio/BX8A_Deluxe_Active_Studio_Monitors.htm
or these:
http://www.long-mcquade.com/products/6853/Pro_Audio_Recording/Studio_Monitors/Yamaha/HS80M_-_Powered_Monitor.htm

Think I might make my own thread sooner or later.

The Focal CMS 40/50/65 are... well, very good and they're a fair bit cheaper than either the Solo 6's or the Twins, which are their higher spec monitors (which are in turn a lot cheaper than something like say.. monitors by PMC). They're made in France though, so I think in terms of value for money, I get a better deal in the UK than you do. There's all kinds of decent monitors though, Adam A3/5/7X, Genelecs, Dynaudio, KRKs, it just depends on a) budget b) personal preference, as they obviously sound different. You might want to look at something like this thread? http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/503088/2-0-speakers-compilation-best-for-500 Check the whole thread not just the OP's list!

Mar 11, 2011 at 6:05 PM Post #3,577 of 10,933

Quote:

Not necessarly, i have the alesis m1 mk2 passive moniters there 5.5" drivers go down to 45hz before they roll off the bass , thats around the same as my edifier s730 with it's 10" driver , the 10" had more force though but the 5.5" bass sounds alot cleaner and can still shake the house, the 2.1 multimedia sets are cheaply designed/made there woofers don't actually go that low there are boosted in the 80hz area to make it seem there more powerful than they actually are , cheap amps, drivers and poor designs means most struggle below 50hz.

Well, you're comparing a multimedia set subwoofer to actual passive monitors, it makes sense if the Alesis has a more accurate transient playback than one of them more affordable bass farting devices people call subwoofers. Then again I like bass farting devices, if I had room I'd get a Behringer 18" PA-subwoofer and hide it somewhere, I bet it's way less accurate than what a "monitor" subwoofer could do, but I'm mostly interested in the earthquake-like effect and I'm quite confident that even the "bass-light" Behringer B3031A monitors with their decently sized 8" woofer will introduce some detail into the higher bass notes while the PA-subwoofer takes care of rupturing my eardrums/windows :D  

Mar 11, 2011 at 7:25 PM Post #3,580 of 10,933
Quote:

Well, you're comparing a multimedia set subwoofer to actual passive monitors, it makes sense if the Alesis has a more accurate transient playback than one of them more affordable bass farting devices people call subwoofers.Then again I like bass farting devices, if I had room I'd get a Behringer 18" PA-subwoofer and hide it somewhere, I bet it's way less accurate than what a "monitor" subwoofer could do, but I'm mostly interested in the earthquake-like effect and I'm quite confident that even the "bass-light" Behringer B3031A monitors with their decently sized 8" woofer will introduce some detail into the higher bass notes while the PA-subwoofer takes care of rupturing my eardrums/windows :D 

Just because there labeled as passive monitors doesn't mean they have to be used that way, i have them sitting on bookshelf just for music playback used just like bookshelf speakers , the soundsticks clearly have boosted bass in the 80hz area like most 2.1 multimedia systems, where as bookshelf speakers don't tend to it gives the illusion the soundsticks have more bass when in fact bookshelf speakers with 5-6" drivers will go just low and have just as much real bass, you probley won't find speakers with the bloated soundsticks sub sound no.

Mar 11, 2011 at 9:13 PM Post #3,581 of 10,933

Quote:
Just because there labeled as passive monitors doesn't mean they have to be used that way, i have them sitting on bookshelf just for music playback used just like bookshelf speakers , the soundsticks clearly have boosted bass in the 80hz area like most 2.1 multimedia systems, where as bookshelf speakers don't tend to it gives the illusion the soundsticks have more bass when in fact bookshelf speakers with 5-6" drivers will go just low and have just as much real bass, you probley won't find speakers with the bloated soundsticks sub sound no.

I agree with you but I can't seem to come across in a way that'd make me seem like I do. Anyway you're correct, and I enjoy studio monitors for music/gaming/movies too, going to get some relatively big Behringer B3031A's soon.  

Mar 11, 2011 at 10:08 PM Post #3,582 of 10,933
I do not have any of my long term setup but here is basically everything from 2 years ago when I was back at home for a bit using a temp desk ect:
SDC10246.JPG

SDC10261.JPG
SDC10262.JPG
SDC10263.JPG
SDC10264.JPG

Mar 12, 2011 at 12:37 AM Post #3,583 of 10,933
Aynjell, nobody noticed your mechnical keyboard and your mouse bungee
cool.gif

All I can say is: GG

Mar 12, 2011 at 12:03 PM Post #3,585 of 10,933
Finally my HD555, Clip+ and UCA202 have arrived! I still haven't got rid of the ghetto speaker stands though.
biggrin.gif

Wallpaper by kionee.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back