Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Mar 1, 2011 at 8:41 PM Post #3,511 of 10,933
I've got a u2711 on my main rig, fantastic screens. I'm surprised you feel you need two screens with all that real estate, I replaced 2 24 inch screens with 1 27" and don't need any more space.

Mar 1, 2011 at 8:42 PM Post #3,512 of 10,933
^^ I like that little desk lamp you have. Where'd you get it?

Mar 1, 2011 at 9:00 PM Post #3,513 of 10,933

Quote:
I've got a u2711 on my main rig, fantastic screens. I'm surprised you feel you need two screens with all that real estate, I replaced 2 24 inch screens with 1 27" and don't need any more space.

Well, that 24" died by me spilling coffee down the bezel. The layers of plastic in there pulled the coffee all over the place via capillary action and I hadda chuck it. I want to get 2 more thought right now. I am thinking 2 of the 22" IPS panels flanking the 30" in panorama would be great.

Quote:
^^ I like that little desk lamp you have. Where'd you get it?

It is a sunnex lamp. Generally they are for industrial use, bolted to the inside of ambulances and tanks and stuff. I am not sure if they are available to the consumer other than getting one off ebay. I got mine from my old man who 'acquired it'. I see them go for upwards of 100 bucks on ebay but it is totally worth it. It is a bendy arm with a swivel head and it makes a GREAT reading lamp too.

Mar 2, 2011 at 12:34 AM Post #3,514 of 10,933

Quote:
this thread has made want to clean up my desk!!

Currently:
HP DV6 i7 Laptop (if anyone else has this - does yours heat up immensely?)
ACER 23"
Yamaha RX V430
AWA surrounds
Ciatronic floor speakers (from ebay - they kick ass enough)
Cobolt subwoofer (soon to be hooked up)
and theres a PS3 in there too :D

Pics with edit tomorrow

Sorry about the quality, phone camera didnt go to well. even photoshop couldnt help me much
Im a student if you couldnt tell haha

Mar 2, 2011 at 11:45 AM Post #3,516 of 10,933

Quote:
S_E_S111, have you liked the ESI nEar 05 eXperience (I hate those capitals..)? I'm on the lookout for 5" or 8" monitors and those are on my list.

I like my ESI nEar05 eXperience, i think it is one of the "warmer" sounding speakers which have very nice mid as compared to KRK RP5G2 that i audition b4 i choose to purchase this (i listen to vocal more). The minor drawback for these speaker will be the highs that is less detail and sparkle to me. But overall, these speakers are GREAT, especially if you like mid or you listen to vocal.

Mar 2, 2011 at 8:22 PM Post #3,517 of 10,933
Huge change... does Head-fi approve? Sorry about cables there is NOTHING I can do lol (with the excption of the ones going to tv which I'm currently looking to get a cover for.)
Went from this

TO THIS

Mar 2, 2011 at 8:32 PM Post #3,518 of 10,933
Pretty similar to what I did, from sitting in a cave (under a bunk bed) to a stand alone desk
biggrin.gif

Very nice, loving the monitors and the wallpapers!

Mar 2, 2011 at 8:43 PM Post #3,519 of 10,933
I couldn't stand the bunk bed anymore haha.
I also added some nice new audio upgrades too like from pro900 to HE-6, and compass to NFB-10 ES non-usb, speaker iso pads...
Waiting for someone to comment on size of my AC-9 powercable
Yea I love nice wallpaper and love having no taskbar and no icons... makes me feel even more organized and minimalist.
BTW PC on far right isn't mine I'm fixing it for a friend

Mar 2, 2011 at 9:32 PM Post #3,520 of 10,933

armin mirage :D

Mar 2, 2011 at 9:49 PM Post #3,521 of 10,933
OMG you quoted all my pics to say that... quick edit your post before anyone sees lol.

Mar 2, 2011 at 10:35 PM Post #3,524 of 10,933

Quote:
@Baird GoW - Since you asked, I approve. I do have one question though, where do your legs/feet go at the desk?

@Matchuk28 - That's frowned upon, 'round these parts.

There is PLENTY of leg room haha. my feet sit on top of my receiver (foot warmer) since I'm pretty high up.

Quote:
Where'd you manage to get the RC-10s?  They're great speakers :)

I'd have to get matching monitors for multimonitor computering though...mismatched monitors bug me :/

Got them at vanns right before they went out of stock. The two sides are the exact same monitor the middle is a different (24" H-IPS). Does not bug me at all.

Mar 2, 2011 at 10:51 PM Post #3,525 of 10,933
I didn't know vanns ever got them back in stock - I bought mine from them back in early 2010.  Hopefully they get em again...I'll probably buy another pair.

It's not so much that the monitors aren't the exact same units, as long as they were fairly similar it'd be okay.  The height difference alone would make me go crazy :frowning2:

I used to use a 24" display along with a 20.1", but they were roughly the same height and had the same vertical pixel count (1200), so it was okay.

If I ever go back to multiple monitors I'd get three matching ones and go with a vertical eyefinity setup :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back