Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Feb 28, 2011 at 11:40 AM Post #3,496 of 10,933
My current humble rig:

Source: iMac, Marantz 5003
DAC: Audinst hud-mx1, styleaudio peridot, muse mini dac TDA1543x4 NOS
Head Amp: Travagan's white (DAC spoil)
Volume control: behringer xenyx 502 mixer
Speaker: ESI nEar05 eXperience, KRK10S, Creative T40ii

additional pic, cooling for my DAC using usb fan... :p

To many wires and power plugs in my rig...>.<...haha...that's all...

Feb 28, 2011 at 2:29 PM Post #3,498 of 10,933

Quote:

additional pic, cooling for my DAC using usb fan... :p

shiny.... sooo shiny.... must have....
At first I saw that and thought wow cool a vintage fan that's been polished up but then I realized it's size and USB???? That has to be the coolest usb peripheral thing I have seen, ever. WHERE DID YOU GET THAT FROM? I can't make out the faint writing in the middle of the guard on it. I want one or two of those right away!!!!!
THANKS!!!!

Feb 28, 2011 at 3:10 PM Post #3,499 of 10,933
For all of you who have both active speakers and headphones, what do you use to switch back and forth between them and to control the volume?  Currently I have a Maverick D1 which I can use as a headphone amp and preamp, but there's no  way to mute the output to the speakers so they constantly play. Is it worth upgrading to the Audio gd FUN or should I get a passive volume control, like the NHT PVC?
http://www.audioholics.com/news/press-releases/nht-pvc-passive-volume-control.html

Feb 28, 2011 at 3:28 PM Post #3,500 of 10,933
^ Wouldn't it be cheaper/simpler to just plug your speakers into a power strip for a convenient on/off switch?

Feb 28, 2011 at 5:42 PM Post #3,501 of 10,933

Quote:
I seriously need a new desk. It's not as messy as it looks just paper everywhere.

The build:

Case: Cooler Master HAF.....(First full size one don't know the model number.)
Mobo: Asus P5k Premium
CPU: Intel Q6600 B3 Stepping (OC @ 3.25ghz)
Ram: 4x1024mb Corsair Dominator XMS2 DDR2 PC8500
Video Card: BFG Geforce GTS 250
Harddrives: A lot of harddrives.
Sound: Logitech Z-5500

I know I know my 5.1 is placed to close together but that is all the space I have. =[

Toilet paper on the desk? Nothing suss!

Feb 28, 2011 at 10:26 PM Post #3,503 of 10,933
Perhaps something from Goldpoint?

Quote:
For all of you who have both active speakers and headphones, what do you use to switch back and forth between them and to control the volume?  Currently I have a Maverick D1 which I can use as a headphone amp and preamp, but there's no  way to mute the output to the speakers so they constantly play. Is it worth upgrading to the Audio gd FUN or should I get a passive volume control, like the NHT PVC?
http://www.audioholics.com/news/press-releases/nht-pvc-passive-volume-control.html

Mar 1, 2011 at 5:21 PM Post #3,508 of 10,933
Here's mine... first pic is my main custom-built gaming/audio rig, and the second is my night stand showing my favorite headphone amp and headphones.  First of all, please disregard all wires, and all traces of dust!  Second of all, yes, that is a folding banquet table from Staples for like $40.  I'll get another desk sometime, but the KRK RP5G2/10s came first. 
biggrin.gif

For those interested in what is what:

Headphones: Essence STX (modded) analog > Matrix M-Stage amp > Grado SR-325is, interconnects are BJC
Speakers: Essence STX (modded) digital > Matrix Mini-I DAC/pre > KRK RP5G2/10s, interconnects are BJC

PC: CPU: Core i7 920 @ 3.8, Mem: 3x2GB Corsair DDR3-1600, Video: eVGA GTX 580, Sound: ASUS Xonar Essence STX modded, PSU: Corsair HX1000, Case: CoolerMaster Storm Sniper, Keyboard: Deck Legend Ice, Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 3500DPI, Monitor: Hannspree HF289H 28 inch, Drives: 1x240GB OCZ Agility 2 SSD for os/apps/games, 2x1TB RAID0 for music/data, 2TB External HDD for backups.

Mar 1, 2011 at 7:13 PM Post #3,510 of 10,933
Here is the most current I have:

I have since added a bit of headfi gear, but I need to clean the desk off before a photo op.

Yes that is a 30" Monitor :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back