Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Feb 15, 2011 at 11:46 AM Post #3,421 of 10,933
Fun. Nuff said.
biggrin.gif

Feb 15, 2011 at 11:50 AM Post #3,422 of 10,933

Quote:
Yes to both :)

The exact model is a LC-40LE700UN.

I almost bought that Sharp but then saw this Toshiba that has a very nice, newer, thinner model for a very decent price: http://www.amazon.com/Toshiba-40UL605U-40-Inch-1080p-Ultra/dp/B003VNKN0K/ref=pd_cp_e_1

Feb 15, 2011 at 12:03 PM Post #3,423 of 10,933
The sharp isn't edge-lit led, it's got a full array so that's one reason why it isn't ultra-thin.  The main reason why I bought the sharp is because it has exceptionally low input lag - I dunno if that toshiba has been tested.

Feb 15, 2011 at 12:10 PM Post #3,424 of 10,933
My new desktop theme. Thanks to mralexosborn for the idea.  (full size http://bit.ly/eg4f0I)

Feb 15, 2011 at 2:13 PM Post #3,425 of 10,933

Quote:
That's some nice temps on the cpu, I googled it and found AMD doesn't want you go over 65c on that processor.  Are these temps quoted while playing games or using a stress program such as prime95?  Just wondering.  I'm into Intel right now, left AMD when the Core 2 came out.  But that's almost unreal load temps for a stress program.  
eek.gif

Thats after about 30-40min playing crysis on max, 1920x1080, all setting very high, 16x aa

Edit: Just tested Prime95, it hovers between 46-47.

Feb 15, 2011 at 6:47 PM Post #3,427 of 10,933
To get them over there was easy...to set them up so it was accessing my info (gmail, calendar, facebook....) was a different story since I had no experience with Rainmeter. But by trial & error I got it done. Still tweaking.

EDIT: or are you talking about the RocketDock at the bottom?

Feb 15, 2011 at 10:10 PM Post #3,428 of 10,933
Verley, I wonder if you'd get any kind of benefit from turning your isolation pads around 180 degrees. Kinda looks like the speakers are pointing a bit north of your ears.. Just an idea. Or, perhaps you're just really tall.

Happy listening!

Feb 16, 2011 at 12:07 AM Post #3,430 of 10,933

Quote:
To get them over there was easy...to set them up so it was accessing my info (gmail, calendar, facebook....) was a different story since I had no experience with Rainmeter. But by trial & error I got it done. Still tweaking.

EDIT: or are you talking about the RocketDock at the bottom?

RocketDock.

Feb 16, 2011 at 2:39 AM Post #3,432 of 10,933
VARLEY:

Are those A5's too much for sitting so close ? I have a pair of A2's about the same spacing and distance away and angled slightly up. That seems like plenty, although there are some A5's for sale cheap here. How do you like them that close?
I guess it can never be enough ...I think I am looking for an excuse to buy bigger ones.....give me one .....

Feb 16, 2011 at 9:29 AM Post #3,433 of 10,933
Recently I've had a few problems with dry ear canals so I've not been using my headphones anywhere near as much as my speakers - When I'm not on the go and don't NEED to listen to my headphones, I turn my speakers on
redface.gif

About the sound, it really depends how loud you're playing your music to be honest, if you've got it past the 9'o clock position on dial then it starts to become overwhelming - Everything becomes blended together, hard to distinguish past the bass really - However if I move away from the desk a metre or two then the clarity suddenly reappears - I find that I have them angled fine after about a month of constantly moving them around. Also my chair coincidentally, allows me to be on the right level for the speakers when I'm sitting 'slouched' - I sometimes lie on my bed (just to the right of the picture) when listening to them and although the sound is not as direct as sitting infront of them (channel wise) it is clearer and less fatiguing at a reasonable volume
redface.gif

The only reason they're so close is due to me not being able to push them back any further, one, because my wall is too close for the bass port at the back; two, because they would be a considerable distance behind my monitor
cool.gif

As an overall speaker they are fully amazing for their price and being amped themselves, I just have them running through my Audinst MX-1 - On top of that, they are aesthetically pleasing
biggrin.gif

I even bought the A2's for my girlfriend, they are truly amazing for their size
redface.gif

Feb 17, 2011 at 7:33 AM Post #3,435 of 10,933

Im new to the forum here. I been visiting often but I thought id join up and share some ideas with everyone. Great looking setups here ! :wink:

Melbourne, AU.

Meier Audio Stage DAC & Corda Concerto amp. running M-Audio BX8a Studio Monitors and Denon AH-D7000.

PC: Silverstone Fortress FT-02 case, AMD Phenom X6 1090T CPU, 8 GB Ram, ASUS Xonar Essence ST, Corsair Pro Gold Series AX850 PS, GTX 480 GFX card, Thermaltake Water Cooling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back