Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Feb 11, 2011 at 3:15 AM Post #3,362 of 10,930

Quote:
Quote:
EA231WMi IPS
biggrin.gif

Down with TN panels

Woohoo! Yeah!

Quote:
What speaker isolation pads are you using? I'm looking to buy some and I like that they don't aim down like most do.
Quote:

They're the MOPAD isolation pad from the Auralex ISO series. Each foot is made up of 2 wedges so you can tweak it so that it's angled or have it completely flat.

http://www.auralex.com/sound_isolation_mopad/sound_isolation_mopad.asp

Do they make much of a difference in audio quality for you? I've been wondering whether it would be worth buying some. 

Feb 11, 2011 at 1:07 PM Post #3,363 of 10,930

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
EA231WMi IPS
biggrin.gif

Down with TN panels

Woohoo! Yeah!

Quote:
What speaker isolation pads are you using? I'm looking to buy some and I like that they don't aim down like most do.
Quote:

They're the MOPAD isolation pad from the Auralex ISO series. Each foot is made up of 2 wedges so you can tweak it so that it's angled or have it completely flat.

http://www.auralex.com/sound_isolation_mopad/sound_isolation_mopad.asp

Do they make much of a difference in audio quality for you? I've been wondering whether it would be worth buying some. 

It sounds cleaner than with rubber feet which was already better than not using feet at all. The added height is also a plus. :)

Feb 11, 2011 at 5:06 PM Post #3,364 of 10,930
Quote:Originally Posted by JIGF 
Hey, there's a Dr Pepper in there, that makes it awesome (although the diet version sucks)

It is out of subject but diet soda is even worst for health than regular soda because they only replace sugar with the dangerous aspartam.

Feb 12, 2011 at 3:50 AM Post #3,369 of 10,930

Here's my setup which I finished recently, after painting and redecorating for 6 months. Bought the Martin Logans, subwoofer (Energy ESW-C10 for only $75 on ebay, $325 off!), Cowon S9+Turbines (not seen here) and I am satisfied. Hopefully upgraditis wont kick in for another year..I need to support my photography beginnings, which is surprisingly more expensive than audio 
confused_face_2.gif

The room. It looks like theres only one power cord coming from the desk but thanks to zip-ties, I "managed" all my cables directly under the desk. Under the desk is absolutely atrocious 
redface.gif

The desk, Martin Logan Motion 4's are on the homemade wall-stands...

Rear view, with the PSBs 

The amp

The laptop is just a 'decoy', under the bed lies the real beast (more like my dad's "old" server which I slapped Win7 on). I only know it has a 980X and 16GB RAM, nothing else is too special but the combo is perfect for efficient photo+video editing.

Anyways, the setup:

Foobar2000 > Maverick Audio D1 tube out > Harman/Kardon HK3390, which powers:
          Energy ESW-C10 
          Martin Logan Motion 4's (up front)
          PSB B25s (On Sanus SF30 steel 30-inch stands)

All connected using some 16 gauge speaker wire and banana-plugs. The extra beefiness in the wire is nice, considering I got the 100ft roll for $10 and the pack of 16 bananas for $15.

After more than half a year, it is complete! Thanks to Ikea and much, much, much work over the summer and fall to help with funds. I only wish my phone hadn't been stolen so I could show the "before" pictures, it was quite drastic.

Feb 12, 2011 at 4:15 AM Post #3,370 of 10,930
Beautiful! That is my kind of style....clean, uncluttered. Bravo!

Feb 12, 2011 at 4:45 AM Post #3,371 of 10,930

Quote:
Quote:

You could always.. turn them around 180 degrees..

I lol'd...

I'm currently using a pair of English-Swedish dictionaries to tilt my desktop speakers up...  It definitely helps imaging and soundstaging when paired with toeing in, with the speakers so close and so low.

Feb 12, 2011 at 5:18 PM Post #3,372 of 10,930
Dang dude....nice setup...only thing missing is some kind of amazing chair to sit down in.....i can see why you took 6 months too....gorgeous and amazing lack of visible wire....i like that!

Quote:

The room. It looks like theres only one power cord coming from the desk but thanks to zip-ties, I "managed" all my cables directly under the desk. Under the desk is absolutely atrocious 
redface.gif

The desk, Martin Logan Motion 4's are on the homemade wall-stands...

Feb 12, 2011 at 10:38 PM Post #3,374 of 10,930
my crappy setup, looking for a new clean room

Current
Abit IX38 QuadGT+Intel Q6600+OCZ 2x2GB DDR2+Technopower 1000+Nvidia GTX260+Dell 2208WFP+2xWD160GB Raid 0+WD 1TB+Audigy 2+Klipsch Promedia 4.1+Sennheiser HD555Win7 x64 + Hackintosh Snow Leopard

Next
Grado HF2+Maverick D1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back