Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Feb 2, 2011 at 12:26 PM Post #3,331 of 10,933
My headphone-rig consists of the following components:

- Player, Foobar 2000 (v.1.0.3. Kernel Streaming Output),
- Transport, M2Tech Hi-Face, which is powered by rechargeable batteries, USB interface and a separate oscillator,
- Converter, MHDT LAB Havana (Western Electric WE396-A tube, EAT Tube dampers, V-Cap OIMP capacitors and Hi-Fi Tuning FUSE),
- Amplifier, eXStatA (discrete circuit, output static, Solid-State technology),
- Electrostatic headphone, STAX SR-404LE "Limited Edition",
Cables: Audioquest Colorado; Chord Prodac PRO Digital; Clearer Audio, Copper Line Alpha + Furutech connectors, Neutrik adaptors, Fisch Audiotechnik filter.

I am very pleased with the sound. I thing that is a wonderful rig for classical music, jazz, blues, folk-pop, and instrumental music.

some pictures:

Feb 3, 2011 at 4:37 PM Post #3,333 of 10,933
I've been wanting to post this for a while now but I had to wait for my replacement DT880's to arrive. Sorry for pic quality, my photography skills and camera sucks.  

The computer, udac2, m-stage, and 880's were all presents from Santa.  
biggrin.gif

Feb 7, 2011 at 12:16 PM Post #3,337 of 10,933
My "ex-headphone rig":
smile_phones.gif
Source: ASUS Xonar STX Essence, Converter: Lavry DA10, Amplifier: Meier-Audio Corda PREHEAD-I, Headphones: Sennheiser HD650 (with Cardas cable) and AKG K701 (in picture are visible just HD650). Interconect, Kimber Hero (analogic), Chord Prodac Proo Digital. 

It was a pure "solid-state" rig with a nice sound, certainly. But the "trio" Havana, eXStatA and STAX SR-404LE "Limited Ed." is superior in the majority chapters.
Thank's.

Feb 8, 2011 at 3:05 AM Post #3,338 of 10,933
Shoot, it ain't much, but it's mine.

For those shy folks, close your eyes, I'm about to uncover my rig's nakedness.

Pretty lights!

And the reason we're all here,

Nuttin fancy, but someone willing to donate...
ksc75smile.gif

Oh yeah...
L3000.gif

Feb 8, 2011 at 12:13 PM Post #3,342 of 10,933

Quote:
Shoot, it ain't much, but it's mine.

Motherboards on the wall...now that's something I would attempt to do. Those of you that are married to a strong minded woman know why I said "attempt".

Feb 8, 2011 at 6:27 PM Post #3,343 of 10,933

Quote:

Quote:
Motherboards on the wall...now that's something I would attempt to do. Those of you that are married to a strong minded woman know why I said "attempt".

"You must be dominate, even if you must be alone."   I think Cain thought something like this as his brother's blood soaked the ground around him.
 Probably why I've been divorced twice. 

Seriously, those are failed attempts to get just an extra couple of mhz's out of the boards and they went poof.  Got a GTX 280 you motivated me to hang beside them.  I keep them there to remind me I'm not made of money, so be cool with the overclock.  I no longer half to put up with the wife, she has another guy to irritate, so I get to decorate as I will

Feb 8, 2011 at 11:09 PM Post #3,345 of 10,933
Nothing too exciting, this is my current setup. In college so hopefully everything will improve when I graduate and have money. There is a 10in sub under the desk (being powered by the reciever) that I don't usually use, but sometimes the thump is nice. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back