Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Jan 24, 2011 at 8:19 AM Post #3,305 of 10,930

Quote:

Quote:
I bow down to your unmatched mastery of the English language!

I wrote something, but then I regretted it and wanted to delete it.... But that's impossible. :sEDIT: Aha, du är svensk. HEJ HEJ!

Hej hej!

Not quite!  Just studying for my master's here.  I'm American, but partially of Swedish descent.  Also, I'm ashamed because my Swedish sucks really, really bad.

Question: Would "Nej, jag är inte svensk." be considered correct?  Google translate puts out "Nej, jag svenska jag inte." (I wanted to see if my guess was right or not.)  I see that "svensk" is the adjective form of "svenska"...  Also, would "svenska" be capitalized?

Oh, and do you plan on coming to the March meet in Stockholm?

Jan 24, 2011 at 8:40 AM Post #3,306 of 10,930
Quote:

Quote:
I bow down to your unmatched mastery of the English language!

I wrote something, but then I regretted it and wanted to delete it.... But that's impossible. :sEDIT: Aha, du är svensk. HEJ HEJ!

Hej hej!

Not quite!  Just studying for my master's here.  I'm American, but partially of Swedish descent.  Also, I'm ashamed because my Swedish sucks really, really bad.

Question: Would "Nej, jag är inte svensk." be considered correct?  Google translate puts out "Nej, jag svenska jag inte." (I wanted to see if my guess was right or not.)  I see that "svensk" is the adjective form of "svenska"...  Also, would "svenska" be capitalized?

"Nej, jag är inte svensk" is correct, so you're right.
"Svenska" is the language in Sweden, and it shouldn't be capitalized. Here's an example:"Hello, I'm svensk. In Sverige we speak svenska."

Was that the answer on your question?

Oh, I didn't know there was a meeting in Stockholm. I live 2 hours from Stockholm, so maybe I'll come.
Is there a thread for it?

Jan 24, 2011 at 10:51 AM Post #3,309 of 10,930

Quote:

Quote:

Hej hej!

"Nej, jag är inte svensk" is correct, so you're right."Svenska" is the language in Sweden, and it shouldn't be capitalized. Here's an example:"Hello, I'm svensk. In Sverige we speak svenska."Was that the answer on your question?Oh, I didn't know there was a meeting in Stockholm. I live 2 hours from Stockholm, so maybe I'll come.Is there a thread for it?

Okay, cool.  Is the Google Translate version just an alternate way of stating the same thing?

Here's the link for the meet:
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/497238/2010-stockholm-meet-new-dates-26-27th-march-2011

Note that it's moved to the 26th-27th of March, 2011, despite what the first post says.

Jan 24, 2011 at 11:56 PM Post #3,310 of 10,930

Eee PC 701 [XP], far left, is on music duty. Foobar2K/ASIO > uDAC > M50/Altec Lansing VS2421 . Eee PC 1201N [Win 7], far right is on 23" monitor/game/web/sync ipod duty.

IMO, with my equipment, the 701 sounds better..

Jan 26, 2011 at 6:47 PM Post #3,314 of 10,930
I don't have any pics of my computer box itself but the source is a M-Audio Audiophile 192 through OFC to...

Rotel RA-901 (with my trusty Philips CD850 MKII as my optical source)

Outputting to:

B&W DM23

All the mess!

Jan 28, 2011 at 5:10 PM Post #3,315 of 10,930

My very simple mobile laptop setup. I just roll it between my bed and chair
happy_face1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back