Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Nov 5, 2010 at 10:17 AM Post #2,746 of 10,933
Thanks for the complements guys. In an attempt to stop derailing.

Regarding impressions I will post them on the LCD2 threads. I did post a little snippet here

@.Sup: The bass is more evident on the LCD2 than on the HD800, but not being bass heavy at all. I think many people has said that already though.

Nov 5, 2010 at 11:07 AM Post #2,747 of 10,933

Quote:

Mine is attached to a vaulted ceiling, it works fine that way as the screen housing is made to hang from hooks.

Do you have a mounted projector or is a table top?  I guess I need to research some of this, but it sounds like it might be easier to pull off than I thought.

Quote:
Tiger, how does your HD650 sound with the little dot?
smily_headphones1.gif
I was considering jumping into the $800 range for an amp but the MK III seems like a good amp to get me started and experience the whole "work my way up the chain" thing rather than start halfway up already.

I have modded HD580s, so I am not sure how the 650 will sound.  I personally prefer the X-can V3 (pictured below) with the HD580s.  The Little Dot sounds fantastic with the AKGs and the Audio Technica headphones.

The nightstand setup below is now in the living room next to my well worn spot on the couch, but I still use it with the iPad/laptop/ and Airport express as the source.  I bought a clear shelf that was made for a Mac Mini to put the setup on (not pictured) so that I would not have to sit the amp on the DAC.  As you can see, I use a uDac in this setup, too.  The Beresford Dac does not have a USB input, so this allows me to convert the signal from the iPad or Laptop to coax:

Nov 5, 2010 at 5:28 PM Post #2,748 of 10,933

Quote:
Thanks for the complements guys. In an attempt to stop derailing.

Regarding impressions I will post them on the LCD2 threads. I did post a little snippet here

@.Sup: The bass is more evident on the LCD2 than on the HD800, but not being bass heavy at all. I think many people has said that already though.

thanks jigf

Nov 6, 2010 at 12:53 AM Post #2,753 of 10,933

Quote:
Here is my messy home office setup. I usually just use DT880's when I can't use my speakers. The Grado's got pulled out today, because they were lonely in the closet.

Oh, my Grado HF2 recently came out of the closet too. . .I was quite shocked!

Is that a Fathom Drive you have under the desk?

Nov 6, 2010 at 1:09 AM Post #2,754 of 10,933

No Fathom, just a relatively cheap Buffalo drive. I bought it because it has a quad interface and looked good next to the Mac Pro. Unfortunately the audio program I use for work doesn't like it so it's been playing back-up duty at home. Sucks!!
Quote:

Oh, my Grado HF2 recently came out of the closet too. . .I was quite shocked!

Is that a Fathom Drive you have under the desk?

Nov 6, 2010 at 1:50 PM Post #2,755 of 10,933

Hurray for new cameras.

I still need to figure out the cursed thing.  Not much has changed in my listening setup. I do have other speakers I use for listening, but if you've seen my rig before you've seen those 
smile_phones.gif

Happy with my new DT880s. I'm amping them unconventionally, but it works until I can finish my first DIY amp.

Nov 6, 2010 at 2:14 PM Post #2,756 of 10,933
^^ 
Setup - pretty good

Users who are viewing this thread

Back