Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Nov 3, 2010 at 12:06 AM Post #2,672 of 10,930
ayz, easy... pump the brakes

Nov 3, 2010 at 12:13 AM Post #2,673 of 10,930
I thought the render was cool but the doorknobs could be lowered a bit 
cool.gif

Nov 3, 2010 at 2:44 AM Post #2,676 of 10,930
Been awhile since I posted my setup.  Sounding good
k701smile.gif

Nov 3, 2010 at 2:55 AM Post #2,677 of 10,930

Not necessarily. I could snatch two of these for that sum, they're cheapo LED pico-projectors FYI :3 A good thing would be their MTBF approximation, which is 20k hours which would mean that they'd last ten years if they were used for eight hours every day, give or take a few. And for the screen I was thinking a plywood board painted matte white (and with a thick coat of primer to even out the imperfections, not essentially the most expensive (or best) solution but still, decent for entertainment purposes I believe. Honestly I'll have to experiment, I only saw one of them at my friends place and it looked quite decent for other than Amnesia, and even that worked ok in a dark room but that was with a silver screen
Quote:
$600?? Aren't projectors and screens much more than that? Let alone 2..

Nov 3, 2010 at 3:52 AM Post #2,679 of 10,930

Quote:
Thanks for the info on the screen.  I would only want it for night when using it outside.  With the lights off, it is very dark back there.  Also, I can't have a projection setup in the main room unless I can put it up and down.  There is a doorway that would get in the way for anything wider than the 63 inch TV I have in there.   However, a setup like this would be easy to put up and down and I could just run an HDMI cable from the receiver when I wanted to use it.  I have thought about doing this before and got distracted.

Pull down screens are really quite cheap, you could easily have one in your main room and have a portable one for outside (or make DIY ones for little money!)

BTW, love the Marantz, they don't make them like that anymore.. and the casing looks very nicely done.
wink_face.gif

Nov 3, 2010 at 4:37 AM Post #2,681 of 10,930
^^My jaw just dropped.

Nov 3, 2010 at 7:00 AM Post #2,683 of 10,930

Users who are viewing this thread

Back