Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Oct 28, 2010 at 12:03 AM Post #2,566 of 10,933

Quote:
id imagine those ergonomical mice to be pretty good for normal desktop use, but for gaming i can't imagine they are any good at all.  to tell you the truth, i dont think wireless headphones are as bad as mice are.  i walked all around my upstairs in the house with the logitech g930's when i had them for a day and i didn't think they were that bad, but for the 190 price tag they were pretty horrible.  of course i didnt burn them in, but i cant imagine how much better they could have gotten.

I actually use it for gaming and it's just like using any other mice for gaming, except more ergonomic. If I could play a FPS against myself--one of us using a normal mouse and one using the vertical mouse, I doubt I'd see one having advantage over the other.

Oct 28, 2010 at 12:10 AM Post #2,567 of 10,933
I think they sound great and are more than adequate for a bedroom/medium sized room.  My last computer speakers were klipsch 2.1 promedia and these blow them out of the water.  I really don't even miss the sub.  I was considering the a5, but am glad I got the a2 because I used that extra 125 for the udac-2.   Yes, the cablebox is great.

Quote:
I've been looking into the same Speakers/Headphones.  I think they will be the last thing I buy audio-wise for a while, how do they sound?  I may have to buy one of those cable-management boxes as well, they look awesome!

Oct 28, 2010 at 1:14 AM Post #2,568 of 10,933
to tell you guys the truth, if anyones looking for a budget desktop system, just to accompy their headphones when they want to blast the music when cleaning or something, i have a set of 2.0 Hercules speakers.  you can check my pics.  but ive tested logitechs up to like 100 dollars and these Hercules speakers are just as bit as good as them, i was really shocked.  i was expecting total crap when i saw these things, but after reading reviews of how high quality hercules sounds, its really amazing they were less than 20 dollars.  so dont waste time on logitechs or the like, just get the hercules i have.  very sleek looking once you get them.

http://www.amazon.com/Hercules-XPS-Multimedia-Speakers-Silver/dp/B0028RXI5C/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1288242752&sr=8-3

they are 24.99 but still worth more than every penny.

i think i've recommended everything i could.  like i said, i've been testing stuff at least since 2003, and i've tested a fair share of desktop peripherals since then, so if you got any questions just ask me.  same thing with monitors.  i was lucky enough to get my 24" full 1080p monitors for only 200 each shipped, but they no longer make them.  wish they still did i'd have a third one to enable eyefinity in gaming.  ah man.

Oct 28, 2010 at 6:12 AM Post #2,570 of 10,933
I'll just say that most logitechs don't sound that great to begin with.
smily_headphones1.gif
When you speak of "testing" are you just buying these items and returning them if they don't like it?

Quote:
to tell you guys the truth, if anyones looking for a budget desktop system, just to accompy their headphones when they want to blast the music when cleaning or something, i have a set of 2.0 Hercules speakers.  you can check my pics.  but ive tested logitechs up to like 100 dollars and these Hercules speakers are just as bit as good as them, i was really shocked.  i was expecting total crap when i saw these things, but after reading reviews of how high quality hercules sounds, its really amazing they were less than 20 dollars.  so dont waste time on logitechs or the like, just get the hercules i have.  very sleek looking once you get them.

http://www.amazon.com/Hercules-XPS-Multimedia-Speakers-Silver/dp/B0028RXI5C/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1288242752&sr=8-3

they are 24.99 but still worth more than every penny.

i think i've recommended everything i could.  like i said, i've been testing stuff at least since 2003, and i've tested a fair share of desktop peripherals since then, so if you got any questions just ask me.  same thing with monitors.  i was lucky enough to get my 24" full 1080p monitors for only 200 each shipped, but they no longer make them.  wish they still did i'd have a third one to enable eyefinity in gaming.  ah man.

Oct 28, 2010 at 6:48 AM Post #2,571 of 10,933
Yes vertical mouses should be the norm but informatics is so full of badly designed/old things...

Also it is so funny that most people use "high-end" headphone and dirt-cheap little speakers with it, you don't know what you are missing. 
dt880smile.png

Oct 28, 2010 at 11:19 AM Post #2,575 of 10,933
Seeing that $200 headphones easily outmatch $200 speakers, I don't have a clue what are they missing, care to point it out for me?
Quote:
Yes vertical mouses should be the norm but informatics is so full of badly designed/old things...

Also it is so funny that most people use "high-end" headphone and dirt-cheap little speakers with it, you don't know what you are missing. 
dt880smile.png

Oct 28, 2010 at 11:38 AM Post #2,577 of 10,933
This is not the subject and you can't really compare but you miss : dynamic,imaging,realistic soundstage,natural crossfeed,comfort, natural sound etc...

I take any low end speakers over uber high-end headphone any day.
Tiny drivers stick to your ears can't compare to big speakers.
biggrin.gif

Just my point of view.
Quote:
Seeing that $200 headphones easily outmatch $200 speakers, I don't have a clue what are they missing, care to point it out for me?

Oct 28, 2010 at 12:03 PM Post #2,578 of 10,933

Quote:
 I take any low end speakers over uber high-end headphone any day.

I would take an uber high-end headphone over low end speakers, but that is just me.  The setup I posted a couple pages back also feeds a pair of $50 Insignia Speakers that do not get anywhere near the same amount of use as my headphones in that setup.

The Mac Mini in that room also feeds my main system that has speakers.  I have HDMI out going to a Denon 3808ci receiver and optical feeding a PS Audio DAC. 

Just so we can get back on track, I also have a Sony Vaio Digital Living PC (under the Oppo) in the main setup:

Oct 28, 2010 at 3:46 PM Post #2,579 of 10,933

Quote:
less talky more pictures

thats what I was trying to say earlier, at least we're off mice for awhile

Quote:

The Mac Mini in that room also feeds my main system that has speakers.  I have HDMI out going to a Denon 3808ci receiver and optical feeding a PS Audio DAC. 

Just so we can get back on track, I also have a Sony Vaio Digital Living PC (under the Oppo) in the main setup:

Thanks for that, I'll quote your pic to help balance out the recent chatter.

Wow, a Mini and a Vaio in the same home theater setup, pretty nice! Which Oppo do you have?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back