Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Oct 27, 2010 at 6:29 PM Post #2,551 of 10,933

Quote:
jschristian44 said:
/img/forum/go_quote.gif

yeah i've test a lot of mice for fps and rts games.  the logitech mx518 was probably the best one in it's price range that worked.  now i found a gigabyte model that is almost exactly like that mouse but half the price.  it looks a lot cooler too plus it has better side grips.  if anyone needs a mouse for gaming, and has a normal-slightly larger than normal hand, i'd suggest getting the mouse i did: 13 dollars shipped after rebate you can't go wrong.  don't be bothered by the blue side grips, they are like black in real life, they look horrible in the pics, but dont let that persuade you.  gigabyte is a high quality company.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826146009&cm_re=gigabyte_mouse-_-26-146-009-_-Product

If I want to spend a reasonable amount (not too much not too little) I go gigabyte.

Also, like others in this thread, I really want to try the Rat 7.

Oct 27, 2010 at 8:08 PM Post #2,553 of 10,933
Hi guys, I'm looking to buy a new mouse and the G9x looks like exactly what I want 
biggrin.gif

Could someone recommend a mousepad? I have never even thought of upgrading my mousepad, but mine is falling apart atm and needs to be replaced. Nothing too crazy large if you don't mind.

Oct 27, 2010 at 8:24 PM Post #2,554 of 10,933

Quote:
Hi guys, I'm looking to buy a new mouse and the G9x looks like exactly what I want 
biggrin.gif

Could someone recommend a mousepad? I have never even thought of upgrading my mousepad, but mine is falling apart atm and needs to be replaced. Nothing too crazy large if you don't mind.

Also, I'll take a pic of my messy desk in a minute

Steelseries SX, you missed there 40% off sale, code: bzna4d40
http://shop.steelseries.com/index.php/surfaces.html

Oct 27, 2010 at 8:30 PM Post #2,555 of 10,933
im glad someone asked about a mousepad.  like mice/keyboards, etc i have tested a fair share of mousepads.  to be honest, the glass like razer's looked cool but didnt perform well and were way too loud for me.  anyways, after testing quite a wide variety of mousepads and textures, the one im using now has to be my favorite.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826992007&cm_re=dolica_mouse-_-26-992-007-_-Product

it is a mouse pad with a memory foam wrist rest.  the only one like this is the razer one which costs like 5x the price just because of the name.  i will tell you this thing is pretty high quality for how much you pay.  for less than 15 dollars you get a double size regular mouse pad and a very nice wrist support.  the mouse pad is like a cloth vinyl feel to it, and it just works great when doing anything.  like i said though, it is double size of a regular mouse pad length wise.  it's like putting 2 mousepads on like a tower form.  anyways, it comes incredibly warped.  just putting it in the dryer for a few minutes with towels, and then putting it under something heavy like tons of books does the trick nicely.  doing this a couple times will flatten it out.  but for the price, you just can't go wrong with this mouse pad.  like i said ive tested a ton, a ton of mouse pads, and for the money its incredible.  no more sore forearms from the mouse over extended periods.  if i was someone looking to get a nice setup right now, get this mousepad, the logitech g9x, and the logitech g11 keyboard.  you will have yourself a very high quality and comfortable desktop inputs.  very cheap right now so i suggest getting it now while newegg has the specials.  also BobSaysHi, if you don't want it that large of mousepad, just get this mousepad, and cut it in half.  This way, you've gotten yourself a backup.  I, myself like a big mousepad when I have the room.  I just cut mine so it fits snug around the bottom of my second monitor and now I have a ton of real estate for my mouse.  If you've seen my desktop setup in the earlier pics you will see what i mean.

Oct 27, 2010 at 8:54 PM Post #2,558 of 10,933

Quote:
here is my earlier posting you can somewhat see it.

Thank you very, very much jschristian44! 
bigsmile_face.gif
 I'll definitely be getting that mousepad when I order from Newegg.

Here's my (currently) lonely desktop... (My amp is on the way, and I am researching the DAC I want)

Worthy of note are the 5 dollar speakers, dismantled Grado driver, and my new Silver Bullet IEM tips. Also, I am getting new carpet in my room, so my desk should look nicer in a couple weeks, and I'll update then.

Oct 27, 2010 at 8:58 PM Post #2,559 of 10,933
I've been on a DeathAdder for a year now. No problems at all, even on a $2.00 random cloth mousepad I found. I found it new for about $25.00, so it was a pretty good deal. I'm looking to upgrade my mousepad to something from Steelseries, just a regular Qck is fine. Been on a wired Logitech Wave for the same time, and it's still going without any problems. Grabbed it for $25.00 as well. 

My choice was between the Razer DA and Logitech G500 or G9. The shape of the G7 killed the G500 for me, since my friend had that. The G9 had problems with the rubber running out, as well as a $70-100 price tag at that time. The DA was cheap, reliable and very good.

I don't think a wristpad for the mouse is that necessary, since it hinders movement somewhat while gaming. For typing however, the wristpad on the Logitech wave is really nice.

I would post a picture, but my desktop is ridiculously messy. It would make some people cringe, I think.

Oct 27, 2010 at 9:07 PM Post #2,560 of 10,933
I use a Kensington mouse with my HP laptop, and alternate between a trackball and a Magic Mouse on my Mac Pro. Now could we start a mouse-fi thread or something so we can get back to computer rigs? IMO the mouse discussion has run it course here and it's boring the cr@p out of me!

Oct 27, 2010 at 9:34 PM Post #2,561 of 10,933
yeah i think i will remove the wrist support while gaming, but surfing the net and stuff it really takes pressure off and heals it.  by the way, how do you like the silver bullets?  i just read Joker's review on them and he thought they were pretty decent.

Oct 27, 2010 at 9:57 PM Post #2,562 of 10,933

Quote:
by the way, how do you like the silver bullets?  i just read Joker's review on them and he thought they were pretty decent.

I enjoy the sound more than I thought I would. They compliment my dt880's well. I haven't heard any higher end IEMs or closed headphones, so I can't compare the sound to that of higher end models. The bass is the biggest I've heard and enjoyed, however I am no basshead. Build quality is seriously lacking, from the tips that don't fit to the TINY cables that come stock. Also, they let in quite a lot of sound. I would pay 20-30 more dollars if they had used a bigger cable and another 20-30 if they didn't let in so much noise.

I wouldn't recommend them unless you baby your IEMs and don't care about leakage.

Oct 27, 2010 at 10:00 PM Post #2,563 of 10,933
hmm, yeah i heard the build quality was bad so i said to myself i never would get these.  but ive heard nonstop good things about them and i think quite a few people here own them.  in all actuality, i just bought myself a pair of the re-zero's and i cannot wait to hear them.  if i had known though, i would have gotten the Fisher Audio DBA-02.  I heard the DBA-02 is probably the best headphone in the sub-200 price range.  The CK-10 would have been the next headphone, but for the price, you can't go wrong with the DBA-02.  I wish I had gotten those instead.  They look super cool if you've ever seen them.  If I were you, I'd send back those silver bullets and get the dba-02 if you still have the chance.  I think you'd be much happier with them.

Oct 27, 2010 at 11:03 PM Post #2,564 of 10,933
I just read over my "mini-review" and realized I failed to mention how they sounded...

Well, I paid $60 and for that price they can't be beat IMO. The sound is smooth, but can still hold up on faster tracks. The bass is big and deep, but not terribly overpowering. I wouldn't buy these if I was looking for a clear detailed sound. I listen to prog rock on my dt880s and Sludge Metal on my Silver Bullets, and that is the set up that both those headphones were made for. Since I listen mainly to metal on these, the sound coming in is much quieter than my typically loud music, and doesn't bother me. If I break mine, I would just buy another pair.

Also, if the cable breaks I'll just replace it with something sturdier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back