Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Oct 27, 2010 at 1:30 AM Post #2,521 of 10,932
I agree, its a pretty ridiculous price for a mouse.  A lot of its features (like its insanely high dpi settings) are completely unnecessary, but I'm just one of those people that, as long as I can afford it, I try and buy the best possible gear.

Quote:
rofl 129.99 for a mouse.  give me a break.  the g9x is for sale on newegg until halloween for 39.99 with a 40.00 rebate.  if anyone needs a mouse, this is the one to get on newegg.com, don't miss it.  i was thinking of getting it since the price is so low, but i already have so many mice.

Oct 27, 2010 at 4:05 AM Post #2,522 of 10,932

Quote:
I agree, its a pretty ridiculous price for a mouse.  A lot of its features (like its insanely high dpi settings) are completely unnecessary, but I'm just one of those people that, as long as I can afford it, I try and buy the best possible gear.

My experience has led me to believe that razer is not, in fact, the best possible gear. High end logitech gear, like the g9, g9x, and g500 best it in every way especially durability. Sure, the dpi isn't as high, but you said it yourself...

Personally, wireless in a mouse is just as bad as it is in a headphone. Furthermore, razer mice fall apart so badly that I'm surprised they just don't topple out of the box in parts.

Actually, this image is a good parallel of my experience with razer.

http://chickencrap.com/c.php?c=3886

Oct 27, 2010 at 7:42 AM Post #2,524 of 10,932
yeah wireless stuff really stinks.  wired stuff will always rule wireless until signals get way better.  think about it, cell phones, keyboards/mice, headphones, remote controlled cars.  they all have signal issues most of the time, but when they do work they work decent enough.  i just always like having a secure connection.  to be honest with you, i have a gigabyte 20.00 mouse right now and it feels just like the 50 dollar logitech mx518 mouse, i am very happy with it.  but if i didnt have this mouse, that logitech g9x mouse on newegg would be the mouse i would have.  5400 dpi is pretty much insane.  the highest i ever had in a mouse was like 3600 and ill tell you that thing really flew around the screen.  cant imagine what 5400 dpi can do.  man i wish i had money, id have a projector screen and a hd projector.  stupid economy.

Oct 27, 2010 at 8:34 AM Post #2,526 of 10,932
I'm also using Logitech M705 wireless mouse and K350 wireless keyboard through one unifying receiver, works like a charm, no lag, no hickup. Not to mentioned these have 3 years battery life. Well I haven't changed the batteries for quite some months. I had a G5 before too, like the G500 but wanna go wireless (the G7 battery life is kinda stink IMO, not to mention it uses an unique battery).

Oct 27, 2010 at 9:24 AM Post #2,528 of 10,932
I've been looking into the same Speakers/Headphones.  I think they will be the last thing I buy audio-wise for a while, how do they sound?  I may have to buy one of those cable-management boxes as well, they look awesome!

Quote:

I just recently got the Audioengine A2's / ADS1 stands, Nuforce uDAC-2, and ATH-M50, really happy with everything...

ATH-M50's

This is another cool thing I recently bought that helps if you have a ton of cables -- Bluelounge CableBox, http://bluelounge.com/cablebox.php

Oct 27, 2010 at 10:45 AM Post #2,529 of 10,932
My computer rig.  Had Xonar Essence STX going into the WA6SE but there was too much noise.  Every time I move my mouse I would hear interference noise.  Any suggestion on a DAC?
The other input is RWA iMod with dock going through TWag ScScAg RCA interconnect.

​
 ​

Oct 27, 2010 at 1:43 PM Post #2,530 of 10,932
I have used all kinds of mice--from expensive Razor stuff to el cheapo crap, and the best mouse I have ever used bar none is the Evoluent Vertical Mouse. Ever since I used the first generation years ago, I have refused to use any other mice. I have since used every single version that Evoluent has ever released and I'm on the latest version right now. Once you go vertical, you could never ever go back because it's FAR more ergonomic because it uncrosses your forearm bones so your blood vessels and nerves aren't pinched anymore like with normal mouse. 

Oct 27, 2010 at 1:52 PM Post #2,531 of 10,932
id imagine those ergonomical mice to be pretty good for normal desktop use, but for gaming i can't imagine they are any good at all.  to tell you the truth, i dont think wireless headphones are as bad as mice are.  i walked all around my upstairs in the house with the logitech g930's when i had them for a day and i didn't think they were that bad, but for the 190 price tag they were pretty horrible.  of course i didnt burn them in, but i cant imagine how much better they could have gotten.

Oct 27, 2010 at 2:14 PM Post #2,532 of 10,932
That cable box is a brilliant idea.

Oct 27, 2010 at 2:23 PM Post #2,533 of 10,932

Quote:
I have used all kinds of mice--from expensive Razor stuff to el cheapo crap, and the best mouse I have ever used bar none is the Evoluent Vertical Mouse. Ever since I used the first generation years ago, I have refused to use any other mice. I have since used every single version that Evoluent has ever released and I'm on the latest version right now. Once you go vertical, you could never ever go back because it's FAR more ergonomic because it uncrosses your forearm bones so your blood vessels and nerves aren't pinched anymore like with normal mouse. 

Wow, you grab it like a woman's breast! Man, you have good taste for things!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back