Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Jul 12, 2010 at 7:15 PM Post #1,982 of 10,933
http://www.pchardwarehelp.com/guides/s-ips-lcd-list.php

They are IPS panels buddy, I would buy no less.

Quote:
OK EVERYONE PLEASE STOP TALKING ABOUT APPLE CINEMAS BEING SO GOOD THEY ARE NOT. You could get much better for your money. It's amazing how you all know so much on the audio side but then on the video side you know nothing. For Christs sake they go hand and hand!!!!!!!
Cons:1 DVI in port...
         NOT HDCP COMPLIANT (HOW CAN YOU SELL A MONITOR WITHOUT IT BEING HDCP COMPLIANT)
         They aren't bragging about being an IPS or VA panel type monitor which leads me to believe its TN (YUCK)

I DON'T EVEN UNDERSTAND HOW THEY GET PEOPLE TO SPEND THIS MUCH MONEY WHEN THERE ARE SO MANY BETTER OPTIONS
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liquid_crystal_display read this like you read about audio when you first started.
I'd take a Dell U2711(27") over that thing any day of the week. Scratch that I would even take my own Dell U2410 (6" smaller than the apple) over the apple.

Jul 12, 2010 at 7:38 PM Post #1,983 of 10,933

Quote:
HOW DOES THE FACT THAT APPLE CAME OUT WITH  THEIRS 6 YEARS EARLIER MEAN HAVE ANY THING TO DO WITH THE PRESENT MODEL‽ WHEN IT CAME OUT IN 2004 WAS >$3000 (STILL WAS NOT WORTH IT). That NEC is nice like mine its better in some areas but my screen is an inch bigger :p

Wow, Apple had 2560 by 1600-pixel resolution six years ago? How many years did it take the rest of the display industry to catch up to that?

Can't wait to see what innovations Apple brings to the table when they replace this model, perhaps a 30" retina display!

Jul 12, 2010 at 7:42 PM Post #1,984 of 10,933

Quote:

Really nice gear (in both pics) Miguel!

But that seems like a VERY dangerous place for a large beverage tumbler.

Jul 12, 2010 at 7:56 PM Post #1,985 of 10,933

Quote:
http://www.pchardwarehelp.com/guides/s-ips-lcd-list.php

They are IPS panels buddy, I would buy no less.

That's good but there are still way more cons than pros. plus the huge cons i already said.
Quote:

Wow, Apple had 2560 by 1600-pixel resolution six years ago? How many years did it take the rest of the display industry to catch up to that?

Can't wait to see what innovations Apple brings to the table when they replace this model, perhaps a 30" retina display!

yes that is correct. other cinema displays like their 22'' came out even earlier 1999

Jul 12, 2010 at 8:38 PM Post #1,986 of 10,933
The pros and cons of an IPS vs TN are purely dependent on the usage and preferences of the user. I'd never go back to a TN panel after using my IPS U2711. Ironically the 27" apple screen has the same panel as the Dell U2711, with the major differences being the supporting electronics and the glossy display surface.

As for the Apple display vs everything else discussion....I'll stay out of that one.

Jul 12, 2010 at 9:57 PM Post #1,989 of 10,933
Learn how to use the edit button. Not knowing how to edit makes you look like a child. I can't believe you still think its worth the money (since its not). Whatever I guess ignorance really is bliss.
If this doesn't end now we may get in trouble from head-fi. Lets call it even since you said my argument is childish which basically means your calling me a child. I don't want this to get personal.

Jul 12, 2010 at 10:32 PM Post #1,991 of 10,933
My uncle got a 27" imac and it is very nice. You get a display that costs 1K attached to an i5 750 and an HD 4850 in a fancy aluminum case for only 2K. You would pay within a few hundred dollars of the imac to build the same thing for yourself. This is of course assuming you want a 2560 px wide IPS display for photo or video editing. You can't really use that resolution usefully for browsing the forums (unless you need to see a few pages at once) so it's not for everyone. On the other hand the 21.5" imacs are rippoffs when you can get 1080p ips display from dell for $300 and an you can get a much faster system for the remaining 1k.

Jul 12, 2010 at 10:42 PM Post #1,992 of 10,933
We were discussing pricing and out of nowhere you decided to jump in with your oh so succinct and sweet post:

Quote:
OK EVERYONE PLEASE STOP TALKING ABOUT APPLE CINEMAS BEING SO GOOD THEY ARE NOT. You could get much better for your money. It's amazing how you all know so much on the audio side but then on the video side you know nothing. For Christs sake they go hand and hand!!!!!!!
Cons:1 DVI in port...
         NOT HDCP COMPLIANT (HOW CAN YOU SELL A MONITOR WITHOUT IT BEING HDCP COMPLIANT)
         They aren't bragging about being an IPS or VA panel type monitor which leads me to believe its TN (YUCK)

I DON'T EVEN UNDERSTAND HOW THEY GET PEOPLE TO SPEND THIS MUCH MONEY WHEN THERE ARE SO MANY BETTER OPTIONS
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liquid_crystal_display read this like you read about audio when you first started.
I'd take a Dell U2711(27") over that thing any day of the week. Scratch that I would even take my own Dell U2410 (6" smaller than the apple) over the apple.

Sorry, is this grown up language then? All I can decipher from your post is that 1) Yelling is normal to get your point of course (failed to do that), 2) Comparing old technology to new technology is apparently a valid way to determine which is better, and 3) You do not know how to read. If you had paid one iota of attention to our posts, we never even mentioned in what context did we find them nice. Yes, nice, not 'good'. In fact, we did not even use the word good. You spoke a tiny bit too soon yes?. However, you did not stop digging yourself a hole. A pity.

Having a response like the one below:

Quote:
Baird GoW said:

Learn how to use the edit button. Not knowing how to edit makes you look like a child. I can't believe you still think its worth the money (since its not). Whatever I guess ignorance really is bliss.
If this doesn't end now we may get in trouble from head-fi. Lets call it even since you said my argument is childish which basically means your calling me a child. I don't want this to get personal.

Does not actually prove your maturity. Yes I called your argument childish (refer to the points above), but at no point did I call you a child (well, until now). You deduced that by yourself, and then told me you don't want this to get personal. You, yes you, are the only one taking things personally, through your own deducing. You are the one to blame not me, and so far, I think I've been respectful in my replies, and I do speak the truth. Well written responses do not require screaming. Therefore, who is the one acting childish here, you tell me.

Ignorance is bliss? You can't just leave it at that, how are we actually being ignorant here? In no way did we ever state that the Cinema Display is the best out there, in no way did we give a comparison or bash other monitors. I said that they were a great deal because I could get them much cheaper than retail price. That makes it a great deal.

One more thing, I won't learn to use the edit button. Why don't you teach me, I'm a child and need to learn from the oh-so experienced you, the adult.

Respectfully, Brendan

Jul 12, 2010 at 11:39 PM Post #1,993 of 10,933
Quote:
We were discussing pricing and out of nowhere you decided to jump in with your oh so succinct and sweet post:

Sorry, is this grown up language then? All I can decipher from your post is that 1) Yelling is normal to get your point of course (failed to do that), 2) Comparing old technology to new technology is apparently a valid way to determine which is better, and 3) You do not know how to read. If you had paid one iota of attention to our posts, we never even mentioned in what context did we find them nice. Yes, nice, not 'good'. In fact, we did not even use the word good. You spoke a tiny bit too soon yes?. However, you did not stop digging yourself a hole. A pity.

Having a response like the one below:

Does not actually prove your maturity. Yes I called your argument childish (refer to the points above), but at no point did I call you a child (well, until now). You deduced that by yourself, and then told me you don't want this to get personal. You, yes you, are the only one taking things personally, through your own deducing. You are the one to blame not me, and so far, I think I've been respectful in my replies, and I do speak the truth. Well written responses do not require screaming. Therefore, who is the one acting childish here, you tell me.

Ignorance is bliss? You can't just leave it at that, how are we actually being ignorant here? In no way did we ever state that the Cinema Display is the best out there, in no way did we give a comparison or bash other monitors. I said that they were a great deal because I could get them much cheaper than retail price. That makes it a great deal.

One more thing, I won't learn to use the edit button. Why don't you teach me, I'm a child and need to learn from the oh-so experienced you, the adult.

Respectfully, Brendan

I never said it was bad did I? I said it wasn't worth the price. My whole thing was that it wasn't a great deal. You didn't say it was the best but you DID say it was a great deal (see below) which means it should compete well for how much your paying... which it does not.
Quote:
cyberspyder said:

Why even bother arguing, we're not even buying them at full retail price...at the current secondary market prices, it offers a great deal.

(See top) Also I'm sorry I didn't know you like things to be nice more than getting your moneys worth. I buy things cause I have use for everything not cause its shiny and looks nice. I guess that's just me though.

(see below)Even buying a used monitor at the price your paying is ridiculous. You could get 2 or 3 of those NEC monitors for the price your paying. But then again they sure are nice.
Quote:
cyberspyder said:

And one more thing, when it came out, it was $1800. And stop screaming, makes your argument more childish.

I was talking loud to make sure anyone who saw would see what I said so they see something they might not know. Not to mention I spent like a couple minutes hearing about the Cinema Display which got me riled up.

I'm pretty sure at my age I am able to deduce that by you calling my post childish you are in turn calling me childish since I made the post.

Comparing old technology to new is valid when you say its good deal (back up your claims) when it's actually not.

Oh yes and to edit your posts go to the bottom left corner the post you would like to edit. Then click the big box that says edit. Correct your post. Then hit submit. Sorry I didn't think you would want me to actually tell you how (that would have made me mad).

Respectfully, Baird

Jul 13, 2010 at 12:12 AM Post #1,994 of 10,933
apple cinemas, while not the best display available, look 100 times better than NEC and their ugly ass black bevels and stands

also lol at "it's not worth it" on a forum where people spend $300 to recable some goddamn headphones

Jul 13, 2010 at 12:23 AM Post #1,995 of 10,933
hahaha. That's funny I have the exact opposite opinion I like them black so you cant see them at night and as little bezel as possible. I guess to each his/her own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back