Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Jul 17, 2010 at 3:06 PM Post #2,011 of 10,927

Terribly low res and blur, but I'll get some nicer shots later (as I finally fixed my camera).
There's a PC I build with dual boot on Win7 and Ubuntu and a PowerMac under the table that I can switch the monitors keyboard and mouse to. Acer Aspire One netbook rocking Ubuntu.

Headphones area all stored under the left speakers in a compartment, Grado SR-80i cans are on the monitor. 
Using a NAD 7220 powering AR-18 speakers and some AIWAs that are used on occasion. Since taking this photo I've added some TEAC speakers, all switched for different occasions. iPod is docked to the amp. To the right of this setup on another table is a Sony digital sign 42" used as a monitor for a Mac Mini with some JBL creature speakers. And to the side of that a AKAI reel-to-reel hooked up to a Apple //c used for 8-bit recording. 

Jul 17, 2010 at 4:35 PM Post #2,012 of 10,927
Hey! That's the Marantz receiver my Dad had when I was a kid!!!!!

Quote:
I know this is a horrible picture but it is what I have at the office.

Jul 17, 2010 at 4:48 PM Post #2,013 of 10,927

Quote:
I know this is a horrible picture but it is what I have at the office.

nice touch with the audiokarma page!
wink_face.gif

Jul 17, 2010 at 4:56 PM Post #2,014 of 10,927

Quote:
And to the side of that a AKAI reel-to-reel hooked up to a Apple //c used for 8-bit recording. 

When you get that camera on line show us a pic of the AKAI with the IIc!

Jul 17, 2010 at 6:33 PM Post #2,015 of 10,927

Quote:
Hey! That's the Marantz receiver my Dad had when I was a kid!!!!!

Yes the Marantz 2238B was made from 1977 to 1979, mine has brand new lights and it has been cleaned and lubed as needed. It sounds superb both as an speaker amp via the Clements 105di (NOS from circa 1996) or as a headphone out via the 1/4" jack.

Quote:
nice touch with the audiokarma page!
wink_face.gif

It is because of the crazy members at Audiokarma that I picked up a vintage Marantz. I have a vintage Mitsubishi that I need to set-up.

Jul 17, 2010 at 6:45 PM Post #2,016 of 10,927

Quote:
Poetik said:

Haha with all the commotion about apple monitors I don't even wanna know what he has to say about mine. 

Here's a few quick photos of my setup with my HTC Evo:

Well you will be happy to hear I think Vizio is great for anyone on a budget or for people don't care about the details some of us do. :)

Jul 17, 2010 at 10:12 PM Post #2,021 of 10,927

Quote:
It is because of the crazy members at Audiokarma that I picked up a vintage Marantz. I have a vintage Mitsubishi that I need to set-up.

I've got a Kenwood integrated amplifier of the same vintage, it weighs a ton and had lots of power. It sounded great until a couple of years ago; now it no longer turns on. Assuming that it needs a new power supply, would it be possible or even worth it to fix? I'm not a component level electronics guy by any means, but I could certainly swap out a power supply if I could find an appropriate one and was able to determine that was indeed the problem.

Jul 17, 2010 at 10:22 PM Post #2,022 of 10,927
I just recently picked up a Rotel amp for my living room, I must confess the combination of Opus + Rotel + Zu has me completely blown away. It has all the detail of K701s with the "fun-ness"/ PRaT of the Grados (and then some). Dare I say... "I'm done"? Ohhh right, I need a turntable!

The living room:
MBP > Airport Express > Opus DAC > Rotel RA-1520 > Zu Druid
                                                    \-> Little Dot MkIII > AKG K701/ Grado SR225

In the office:

MBP > Airport Express > APPJ PA0902A > Polk R10 
                                 \-> M^3 (Not yet finished) > AKG K701/ Grado SR225

Jul 17, 2010 at 10:43 PM Post #2,023 of 10,927
Quote:
I just recently picked up a Rotel amp for my living room, I must confess the combination of Opus + Rotel + Zu has me completely blown away. It has all the detail of K701s with the "fun-ness"/ PRaT of the Grados (and then some). Dare I say... "I'm done"? Ohhh right, I need a turntable!

The living room:
MBP > Airport Express > Opus DAC > Rotel RA-1520 > Zu Druid
                                                    \-> Little Dot MkIII > AKG K701/ Grado SR225

I love the avocado green color scheme, very '70's

Jul 18, 2010 at 8:21 AM Post #2,024 of 10,927
Why do a lot of you have your monitors up so high?  As far as comfort/ergonomics goes, the ideal position should be with the top of the monitor @ around eye-level.  Having a monitor up that high imho quite literally seems like a pain in the neck.

Jul 18, 2010 at 11:22 AM Post #2,025 of 10,927

Quote:

I've got a Kenwood integrated amplifier of the same vintage, it weighs a ton and had lots of power. It sounded great until a couple of years ago; now it no longer turns on. Assuming that it needs a new power supply, would it be possible or even worth it to fix? I'm not a component level electronics guy by any means, but I could certainly swap out a power supply if I could find an appropriate one and was able to determine that was indeed the problem.

I would say yes, if you visit AK you would be able to get help on where or how to fix it. Heck it could be as simple as a bad on/off switch, yes it happened w/ my circa 1985 Adcom GFA555. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back