Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Jul 11, 2010 at 3:31 AM Post #1,966 of 10,930

Quote:
For my main studio room, 3 x 30" apple cinemas would rock.  

I agree I want two more!

Apple used to sell them refurbished once in awhile, $1299 I think with a warranty plus Applecare if you want. That's how I got mine.

Jul 11, 2010 at 7:28 AM Post #1,967 of 10,930
Hi!
I'm a long time reader, but this is my 1st post here :)

He's my (not clean) set-up:

You can see 2 KRK VXT-4, and an E--MU 1820m (and sanza fuse & RE0 for portable setup)

You can also see the projection screen on the wall.

Jul 11, 2010 at 2:27 PM Post #1,968 of 10,930

Quote:
Wacom was 1300 (included pens, protector, and Painter 11 full license and software), got it off a fashion design student that only used it for 2 months.  Lucked out.  

the 30" Cinema Display I bought off my brother-in-law about 2.5 years ago or more, so back then it was a superb deal, as they are 1700 retail new, plus it had zero dead pixels which was a huge plus for me.  Im tempted to get another one for my other room, beautiful displays.  

what size is that wacom?

Jul 11, 2010 at 11:15 PM Post #1,972 of 10,930

Quote:
seriously, where are you seeing the prices for the 30 inch Apple Cinemas, if you search "apple cinema 30" on ebay and look at completed items, they all end at 950 - 1200 ish used.   Most of the good condition used ones seem to be ending right at $1,000 on ebay.  The jacked (scratch, dead pixels) ones sell for 500 ish to 650 it seems.  

I would buy like a bunch of em at the 500 dollar range if they were in excellent condition! lol.  For my main studio room, 3 x 30" apple cinemas would rock.  

That's because you are looking on ebay. Ebay is a terrible indicator of price as overzealous bidders almost always drive up the price. Try kijiji or CL, or even try some auctions.

Jul 12, 2010 at 4:31 AM Post #1,973 of 10,930
OK EVERYONE PLEASE STOP TALKING ABOUT APPLE CINEMAS BEING SO GOOD THEY ARE NOT. You could get much better for your money. It's amazing how you all know so much on the audio side but then on the video side you know nothing. For Christs sake they go hand and hand!!!!!!!
Cons:1 DVI in port...
         NOT HDCP COMPLIANT (HOW CAN YOU SELL A MONITOR WITHOUT IT BEING HDCP COMPLIANT)
         They aren't bragging about being an IPS or VA panel type monitor which leads me to believe its TN (YUCK)

I DON'T EVEN UNDERSTAND HOW THEY GET PEOPLE TO SPEND THIS MUCH MONEY WHEN THERE ARE SO MANY BETTER OPTIONS
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liquid_crystal_display read this like you read about audio when you first started.
I'd take a Dell U2711(27") over that thing any day of the week. Scratch that I would even take my own Dell U2410 (6" smaller than the apple) over the apple.

Jul 12, 2010 at 6:20 AM Post #1,974 of 10,930

Quote:
OK EVERYONE PLEASE STOP TALKING ABOUT APPLE CINEMAS BEING SO GOOD THEY ARE NOT. You could get much better for your money. It's amazing how you all know so much on the audio side but then on the video side you know nothing. For Christs sake they go hand and hand!!!!!!!
         They aren't bragging about being an IPS or VA panel type monitor which leads me to believe its TN (YUCK)

I DON'T EVEN UNDERSTAND HOW THEY GET PEOPLE TO SPEND THIS MUCH MONEY WHEN THERE ARE SO MANY BETTER OPTIONS
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liquid_crystal_display read this like you read about audio when you first started.
I'd take a Dell U2711(27") over that thing any day of the week. Scratch that I would even take my own Dell U2410 (6" smaller than the apple) over the apple.

dude, you gotta chill

Jul 12, 2010 at 9:15 AM Post #1,975 of 10,930

Quote:

Stop whining...it is a decent display. You have to realize that this came out years before your Dell (a full 6 years), plus I prefer the design of the CD over the Dell and many other monitors. If I was buying a non-Apple m,monitor, the only one I'd look at is the NEC EA231WMi. Chill out brah.

Jul 12, 2010 at 9:45 AM Post #1,976 of 10,930

Quote:
My headphone rig is on the other side of the room, so here's my computer setup (excuse the dust!):

So do Haruhi and Asakura ever fall off when you get your speakers rockin'?

Jul 12, 2010 at 10:49 AM Post #1,977 of 10,930
Quote:
Heh, amazing that these things are indestructible. I still have a 2nd generation C64 as well (the non-fatso version), next to the C128, and both work perfectly fine. I wish I still had my Amiga 500. :/

The speech synthesis was far out for the times, Texas Instruments outdid themselves with the innovations in the Speak&Spell.

Heh, it's definitely mono, but I hear stuff on both ears, plugged into the 3.5mm jack. I mean, how cool is that - a child's toy with a 3.5mm plug to annoy everyone in a much bigger radius when plugged into a hifi setup? :)

In reference to your speak n spell: I picked one up the other day too from a kids consignment shop. I've been looking for one forever!  I'm getting around to circuit bending it so I can make all the lofi clicks n pops and glitch sounds that everybody around here hates
smile_phones.gif

Maybe I'll post some pictures, videos, or sound bytes some time in the future when I get finished bending and messing with it. Its so fun!

Jul 12, 2010 at 6:03 PM Post #1,980 of 10,930

Quote:
Stop whining...it is a decent display. You have to realize that this came out years before your Dell (a full 6 years), plus I prefer the design of the CD over the Dell and many other monitors. If I was buying a non-Apple m,monitor, the only one I'd look at is the NEC EA231WMi. Chill out brah.

HOW DOES THE FACT THAT APPLE CAME OUT WITH  THEIRS 6 YEARS EARLIER MEAN HAVE ANY THING TO DO WITH THE PRESENT MODEL‽ WHEN IT CAME OUT IN 2004 WAS >$3000 (STILL WAS NOT WORTH IT). That NEC is nice like mine its better in some areas but my screen is an inch bigger :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back