Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Jul 3, 2010 at 10:09 PM Post #1,936 of 10,933
Hey Now,

Here is my set up:

--
Finest kind,
Chris

Jul 3, 2010 at 10:41 PM Post #1,937 of 10,933
Very nice setup and view, but I couldn't handle having my monitor up that high, is that what the cushions on the chair are for?

Jul 4, 2010 at 12:06 AM Post #1,938 of 10,933
Hey Now,

No, the cushions are there for the cats. The monitor isn't very high at all. It is a 24" iMac, the height at mid level of the monitor it is only 42", slightly below eye level for me. The keyboard is at 24" and the monitor shelf is at 29". The monitor is slightly tilted upward a few degrees. It might just be a slight optical illusion as well, the area is in a loft above the kitchen area. The top of the window is only 53", so when I stand up I can't see out the window. I have to bend over to look out.
blink.gif
I also took the picture at a sitting eye level with a wide-angle lens, which may have caused a bit of perspective shift as well. And the view is nice, it looks onto a paddock and beyond is our pasture for our horses, very peaceful. Thanks for the kind words. 

--
Finest kind,
Chris

Jul 8, 2010 at 4:24 PM Post #1,948 of 10,933
Jul 8, 2010 at 5:27 PM Post #1,949 of 10,933

Quote:
     Quote:

Commodore 128D? I'm jealous! And I totally regret ever selling my first-gen C64 and 1541. At least I'm still holding on to my old A1200, with /X still installed too. :D

Heh, amazing that these things are indestructible. I still have a 2nd generation C64 as well (the non-fatso version), next to the C128, and both work perfectly fine. I wish I still had my Amiga 500. :/

Quote:

you should be using that as your profile photo - oh man i can still hear that thing talking to me when i was a kid... bet the creators of that thing never envisioned someone plugging audiophile quality custom IEM's into that thing!

The speech synthesis was far out for the times, Texas Instruments outdid themselves with the innovations in the Speak&Spell.

Quote:

That thing has stereo? Hilarious!

Heh, it's definitely mono, but I hear stuff on both ears, plugged into the 3.5mm jack. I mean, how cool is that - a child's toy with a 3.5mm plug to annoy everyone in a much bigger radius when plugged into a hifi setup? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back