Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Oct 31, 2009 at 8:17 AM Post #1,126 of 10,933
One word Jude.... Gorgeous!

Oct 31, 2009 at 3:07 PM Post #1,130 of 10,933
Haha Jude, I love the Sennheiser cable ties

Oct 31, 2009 at 6:11 PM Post #1,132 of 10,933
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRobbStory /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My very expensive wall clock solution.

3301394102_99c9552c05_b.jpg

2tb RAID -> Linux media server -> FLAC and ALAC -> Intel Mac Mini -> AMB Gamma 1 DAC (via optical) -> KRK RP5 studio monitors

Those monitors are rly nice man, compliment for that!
Can I ask what monitors those are? And do they come with an extra subwoofer? or is the build-in sub the only one.

Want to get myself a new setup soon and I'm looking for some nice monitors and those are pretty much exaclty what I'm looking for.

Hit me back plz.

Cheers :wink:

Oct 31, 2009 at 6:14 PM Post #1,133 of 10,933
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaron909 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
2regrko.jpg

That setup is seriously so freakin awesome man, big ups for that.
Would you mind telling us what monitors, sub and amp that is?

Would be much appreciated, want to get myself a new setup soon and I'm looking for something similar to that.

Hope to hear from ya. Cheers.

Oct 31, 2009 at 6:47 PM Post #1,135 of 10,933
Those monitors are PSB B15 or B25. I own the the B25s in maple color and I wish I had such a desk.

Nov 1, 2009 at 11:44 AM Post #1,136 of 10,933
Quote:

Originally Posted by hifidk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
One word Jude.... Gorgeous!

Quote:

Originally Posted by arctechnika /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow Jude, that is an awesome setup!

Thank you!
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRH /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Very nice Jude, what camera are you using? The pictures are incredible.

Thank you, too! The camera is a Nikon D300 (with a 24-70mm f/2.8 lens and SB-900 flash). The EXIF information can be found here.
Quote:

Originally Posted by gbacic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Haha Jude, I love the Sennheiser cable ties

So do I. They're wider than most such ties. It's not unusual for Sennheiser to give away these and other Sennheiser trinkets at the big Can Jam Meets, so there's one more reason to go to Can Jam 2010 in Chicago.
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by danne /img/forum/go_quote.gif
....How does the Antelope stand against the DA11?...

It's really too early for me to offer much in the way of a competitive analysis, but I'll say more down the road.
Quote:

Originally Posted by danne /img/forum/go_quote.gif
....Do you prefer the raptor to the apache with your HD800?

Yes, I prefer the Raptor to either the Apache or my Luxman P-1 with the HD800. In my opinion, the Raptor is a standout pairing partner with the HD800, and should be heard by anyone (a) who isn't apt to want to spend a fortune to drive the HD800 properly, and/or (b) who has heard the HD800 with other amps and thought the HD800 on the leaner side. In my rigs, the Raptor has found its specialty with me, and that's driving the HD800, so it's rare to find any other headphone plugged into it nowadays. More performance can be extracted from this combo with some tube rolling--I have several sets of tubes for it, but have been most pleased with the set that's in there now (the Tung-Sol 5687's and Amperex Bugle Boy 12AU7).

Nov 2, 2009 at 1:37 AM Post #1,139 of 10,933
Quote:

Originally Posted by jude /img/forum/go_quote.gif

[size=xx-small](Click on photos to enlarge.)[/size]

Computer:
  1. Apple MacBook Pro 17" (late-2008 model)
    1. Media is stored in a combination of the MacBook Pro's internal hard drive and external hard drives
    2. The MacBook Pro is closed in the photo; but, in this configuration, it is usually open and used as a second display next to the Hewlett-Packard LP2475 display. I only closed the laptop to avoid blocking the view of the Sennheiser RS170.
  2. Sonic Studio Amarra Computer Music Player beta (software)
Headphones:
  1. Sennheiser HD800
  2. Sennheiser RS170 (wireless)
  3. JH Audio JH13 Pro (not shown, but used with the Apache)
Headphone amps:
  1. Ray Samuels Audio Apache (also a preamp)
  2. Ray Samuels Audio Raptor (matched section/pair Tung-Sol 5687's, and Amperex Bugle Boy 12AU7, all NOS at the time of purchase)
DACs (both have built-in headphone amps):
  1. Lavry DA11
  2. Antelope Zodiac+ (prototype)
Cables:
  1. Moon Audio Blue Dragon
  2. Cardas Clear
  3. Cardas Golden Reference
Power:
  1. Dedicated line for the audio gear
  2. BPT dual balanced power transformers (one for digital components, one for analog components)

To my ears, this is an absolutely fantastic sounding rig. The DA11/Raptor/HD800 combination is grand sounding--big, full, detailed. The Antelope Zodiac+ prototype and Sennheiser RS170 are only here for a few more days. I see one of the Antelope Zodiac models (when they're officially out) as a strong contender for a place in one of my rigs, if not my main one. And one of the new-generation Sennheiser wireless headphone systems is something I'm strongly considering, too.

The Apache is on loan from Ray Samuels Audio, but I may have to make it mine, as I've found it to be magic driving the JH13 Pro and my Grado headphones (the former which I'll be driving balanced soon).

Oh, and the latest addition to my home office rig, added last night: Photo.
wink.gif

I'm in the wrong line of work.
frown.gif

Nov 2, 2009 at 2:05 AM Post #1,140 of 10,933
Well its and awful mess right now. Who am i kidding its always messy!
Creative XF-I Titanium> optical cable > Panasonic A/V Receiver > Sony 3 way Speakers Circa 1988 (older than me by 1 year
smily_headphones1.gif
) Currently waiting for the arrival of my first real headphones from a Head-fier shown in the last pic.
Plan on getting a Headphone amp some day and a good turntable. I have one but its broke lol.
Also my HTPC is in there on the entertainment center.
Edit: I see this fourm does not have an auto resize lol. Ill fix that real quick!
Edit2: Fixed!
P9180047.jpg

P9180045.jpg

PB010045.jpg

PB010046.jpg

PB0100471.jpg

SR3251.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back