Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Nov 28, 2014 at 9:32 PM Post #9,361 of 10,948
  Thank you!

Sorry, old picture.  What you're seeing is a Marantz CD player.  I've completed the ripping of all my CDs and now use the MacBook Air as my transport.  The Vincent pre drives a Vincent amp which drives the Thiels.  The room isn't big enough for a flatscreen over the fireplace, I've been on the lookout for the perfect guitar to hang in that venerated location.

Good eye on the drink, it's actually a glass of Jose Cuervo Family Reserve.  Love my tequila...

Yeah, you probably right. Just give yourself a kink in your neck with a TV.

Cheers! (raises a glass of rum)

Dec 1, 2014 at 12:34 AM Post #9,364 of 10,948
  Those are awesome looking heat sinks on the gpus.  Not all goofy and flashy, looks great!

Do you mean the CPU? It is huge! In fact, it seems excessive but maybe Tus-Chan is over clocking. Looks to be the Cooler Master 800 or 812. Agreed, nice GPUs in SLI.

Oddly, I think his case is probably the most sexy component. Simple lines, functional, and sexy!

Dec 1, 2014 at 12:39 AM Post #9,365 of 10,948

Do you mean the CPU? It is huge! In fact, it seems excessive but maybe Tus-Chan is over clocking. Looks to be the Cooler Master 800 or 812. Agreed, nice GPUs in SLI.

Oddly, I think his case is probably the most sexy component. Simple lines, functional, and sexy!

I'm talking about the coolers on the GPU and the lack of a fan shroud.  Gigabyte always had nice looking video cards.

Dec 1, 2014 at 3:50 AM Post #9,366 of 10,948
lol, thanks for the compliments guys. I'm actually trying to sell this beast on eBay (for $1,350 no less) so I am happy other people find it appealing.

Heatsink is in fact the TPC 812. Even with random Cooler Master fans attached, it basically hits room temperature CPU temps at full load. I got it for $20 used, great deal considering it costs like $80 new.

I like the case, especially the snap-on doors, but it's kind of huge. You can fit a small family inside it. I'm looking to go back down to mini-ITX for my next build, inside a Carbide Air 240, so I can put it on my desk and admire it 
tongue.gif

I also really appreciate the metal heatsink shroud on the GPUs. I think it looks pretty sexy, it's almost up there with the fancy metal GeForce stock blower.

Dec 1, 2014 at 9:14 PM Post #9,369 of 10,948
I can't even figure out what I am looking at there.  You have a 5.1 setup all hitting you from the front?

Dec 2, 2014 at 1:56 AM Post #9,371 of 10,948
Dec 2, 2014 at 2:52 AM Post #9,373 of 10,948
Oooooh all dem desktop short cuts :eek:   Is it weird that never have more than 4 things on my desktop?

Yea you gotta call the doctor fast!!!!

Dec 2, 2014 at 3:14 AM Post #9,374 of 10,948
  Oooooh all dem desktop short cuts 
eek.gif
  Is it weird that never have more than 4 things on my desktop?

You're not the only one, my friend:

Although on the flipside, I do tend to have at least 3 windows open at the same time (commonly Skype, 1 or 2 instances of Microsoft Word, Sticky Notes, Chrome, and iTunes).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back