Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Oct 5, 2014 at 5:28 PM Post #9,291 of 10,950
I am a Tool and Die maker and machinist by trade but also spent 3 years studying Electronics. I bet more then 80% of people couldn't tell the difference if I swapped out high end speaker cables and interconnects with a coat hanger.

Oct 5, 2014 at 7:22 PM Post #9,293 of 10,950

i have the Cardas Clear USB, the Audioquest Pearl, Carbon, and Forest (toslink) cables they all sound a little different 

I'd just love to see someone explain how TOSLINK cables could ever sound different from each other. This is a new level of audiophile madness.

Data transmission over light is not subject to any of even the most FUDdish problems that electricity supposedly has. In fact, fiber optics are so hilariously reliable that the cables can span hundreds of miles with no problems in the signal. Such cables make up the backbone of the internet and do indeed literally bridge continents together.

What you are claiming is simply not possible.

Oct 5, 2014 at 7:40 PM Post #9,294 of 10,950

I'd just love to see someone explain how TOSLINK cables could ever sound different from each other. This is a new level of audiophile madness.

Data transmission over light is not subject to any of even the most FUDdish problems that electricity supposedly has. In fact, fiber optics are so hilariously reliable that the cables can span hundreds of miles with no problems in the signal. Such cables make up the backbone of the internet and do indeed literally bridge continents together.

What you are claiming is simply not possible.

Thats why i have a Forest PVC Audioquest one its only $19 and built very well... i sold a Vodka one once for over $600

Oct 7, 2014 at 1:19 AM Post #9,298 of 10,950
  Guys, let's not turn this into another cable argument. Moar pics!

It's not even a cable argument.  It's claiming that one usb cable can send a bunch of 1s and 0s better than another usb cable.  It's complete nonsense.  It's a digital signal.  People claiming their magic $900 usd RCA's or headphone cables that actually carry an analog signal sound better than others are a bit more sane.  

Do people that buy $100+ dollar usb cables and claim they sound different understand what it's moving from point a to point b?  

Oct 7, 2014 at 4:08 AM Post #9,299 of 10,950
Can we let it go. Some member posts a photo showing his rig with an expensive usb cable and hordes of angry digital cable skeptics show up. Zzz

Oct 7, 2014 at 4:20 AM Post #9,300 of 10,950
Can we let it go. Some member posts a photo showing his rig with an expensive usb cable and hordes of angry digital cable skeptics show up. Zzz

I haven't seen anyone angry. Someone posted their setup and people are discussing it, isn't that what this thread is for?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back