Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Oct 7, 2014 at 4:36 AM Post #9,301 of 10,933
I haven't seen anyone angry. Someone posted their setup and people are discussing it, isn't that what this thread is for?

Nope its for posting pictures of computer rigs. Minimal discussion is tolerated, but cable discussion is just a can of worms nobody wants opened in the thread. I would recommend voicing opinion on USB cables in another thread.

Oct 7, 2014 at 11:21 AM Post #9,302 of 10,933
  It's not even a cable argument.  It's claiming that one usb cable can send a bunch of 1s and 0s better than another usb cable.  It's complete nonsense.  It's a digital signal.  People claiming their magic $900 usd RCA's or headphone cables that actually carry an analog signal sound better than others are a bit more sane.  

Do people that buy $100+ dollar usb cables and claim they sound different understand what it's moving from point a to point b?  

what kind of car do you drive?  i hope its a 87 yugo because anyone foolish enough to drive anything but a minimalist car from point a to b would be "nonsense" 
and when you go to the grocery store and buy beer you don't buy that stuff that tastes better or is brewed at higher standard then the store brand....  

if you don't like that I am running a $999 cable on my usb for DSD transfer then so be it.  if you are coming by RMAF this weekend then i would love to share the differences between my $19 Audioquest Pearl cable, My Cardas Clear USB $130 cable, my Audioquest Carbon $400 cable, and my Light Harmonic Lightspeed USB cable...

Oct 7, 2014 at 11:23 AM Post #9,303 of 10,933
Nope its for posting pictures of computer rigs. Minimal discussion is tolerated, but cable discussion is just a can of worms nobody wants opened in the thread. I would recommend voicing opinion on USB cables in another thread.

exactly what i was thinking drez 

people who have to find a problem in something else that someone else enjoys and having to voice their opinion to spite them is a ugly truth of the internet

Oct 9, 2014 at 11:18 AM Post #9,306 of 10,933

Panorama gone wrong, ignore the stitches lol.
Just got the HiVi Swans A30 speakers. Sound really big for their size. Driven through the Aune T1 line out.

DAC/Amp: Aune T1
Headphones: JVC HA-S500 
Goldring DR150
Speakers: HiVi Swans A30

Oct 10, 2014 at 9:48 PM Post #9,307 of 10,933

This is from last year. I need to take a more recent pic. A few things have changed :)

Oct 11, 2014 at 2:30 PM Post #9,309 of 10,933
Oct 12, 2014 at 10:43 PM Post #9,312 of 10,933
  Need better sound to get into the real effect.

Those speakers you see behind my monitors are bigger than you think. They are the Dayton audio B652 running off a Topping TP21 amp. Cheap, but loud(no need for a sub). I need to get them on mounts so I can properly aim them.
They look small because they're sitting behind 27" Dell monitors. The one on the desk(now two) are 24" Asus. 
Now with said, I usually only fly(actually do everything) with headphones so I don't disturb my wife when she's on her computer. I have five in this room alone, seven total in the house. I'm kind of a computer nerd :)

Oct 13, 2014 at 12:29 PM Post #9,315 of 10,933
  Whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooa. That's cool.

Thanks. I'll try to get an updated pic of it today. I now have another 24" monitor on the desk for FO flight instruments and an overhead keyboard for lights, fuel, etc...
The wires on the proto board you see on the left is hooked to an Arduino and hooked to the network. It runs my landing gear operation and soon will run quite a bit more functions.
I'm also tearing down the Saitek throttle to use the parts for a 737 throttle I'm building....
It is a lot of fun :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back