Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Jan 25, 2014 at 7:45 AM Post #8,807 of 10,933
Headzone, he is a Swede using an Argon amp bought on HIFI klubben. Its their own brand. HIFI klubben is a Norwegian chain of shops... I can see from the pictures that this is a Scandinavian...  My desk has an old NAD and B&W combo. I got it second hand, but it was originally bought from the same chain, and just like his B&W/Aragon combo, you will find it in alot of Norwegian/Swedish homes and computer desks...

http://www.hifiklubben.no/Products/argon-da2v2-digital-forsterker-61251/

Jan 25, 2014 at 7:47 AM Post #8,808 of 10,933

Styleaudio Carat HD1V
Head-direct EF1
JVC VIctor HP-DX700

Prodigy Cube as a back up.

Jan 25, 2014 at 2:43 PM Post #8,810 of 10,933
That is a NICE setup good ma'am.

Jan 26, 2014 at 5:50 AM Post #8,813 of 10,933
Hey guys, my current set-up is a HP ENVY m6 (which I bought before I joined thinking the sound card would be good as it was Beats, turns out I was robbed) - HRT MicroStreamer - Project Headbox S - AKG K550. What I was wondering though is if I could swap out the laptop for a tablet, external hard drive and some thing that allowed me to wirelessly select music through the tablet. Have any of you had any experience with this? Do you think it would work? I don't want to spend more than the 300 pounds I'd get for the laptop.

Jan 26, 2014 at 7:34 AM Post #8,816 of 10,933
  What amp are you using for the B&W 685s?

That's an Argon DA-2. It's a 50W/channel Digital amplifier with built in DAC, with anything smaller like the little brother to the DM685, the DM686 or something like the Dali Zensor 1 then it's a killer amp for it's size and for the price paid (about $340 converted from SEK). Wouldn't recommend it for the DM685:s since they do like a bit of umph behind them and 50W is not really enough if you want to get the very best out of them, it's still a great combo if you have a smaller room or limited space (like me).

[Edit: cleared up the post a bit.]

Headzone, he is a Swede using an Argon amp bought on HIFI klubben. Its their own brand. HIFI klubben is a Norwegian chain of shops... I can see from the pictures that this is a Scandinavian...  My desk has an old NAD and B&W combo. I got it second hand, but it was originally bought from the same chain, and just like his B&W/Aragon combo, you will find it in alot of Norwegian/Swedish homes and computer desks...

http://www.hifiklubben.no/Products/argon-da2v2-digital-forsterker-61251/

Takker og bukker for innlegget ditt! :wink:
Yeah that's pretty much it! Though I'm using the first version of the amplifier, and as far as i can see the only thing that's new is that they swapped out the coaxial input for another toslink input (Yay, consumerism!).

Jan 26, 2014 at 11:42 AM Post #8,817 of 10,933
  Woah, that is beautiful. I've always been intrigued by water cooled systems but water + electronics makes me wince. Are you not scared that if one valve breaks it's all ruined?

"wince" ? ..how about some ice ..
https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1024x768q90/854/dhmg.jpg
same mobo..back up source 

Jan 26, 2014 at 7:41 PM Post #8,820 of 10,933
Mind blown....I want this

Users who are viewing this thread

Back