Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Mar 5, 2013 at 8:06 PM Post #7,996 of 10,933
I've yet to see anyone get chastised for a poor quality photo. No need to apologize 
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 5, 2013 at 11:38 PM Post #7,997 of 10,933
Maybe you do, but I don't bottom out much when gaming. I prefer mech switches because I know exactly when the key is pressed and released, as opposed to being able to feel the bump in the key but still not press hard enough for it to register like on membrane/scissor switches that only activate when the key is pressed down all the way.

I guess if you use a lot of force normally, a capacitive based keyboard might be better for you, but I generally type pretty light and quick, so my MX blue keyboard works great for gaming.
With most games, you are holding keys down rather than tapping them, which is a lot easier to do with a scissor switch. Membrane keyboards are just all around bad experiences.

Unless you are holding the key right at the operating point, which is where it is with a scissor switch, it takes longer to release a mechanical key - that's a fact. And with MX Blue in particular, the reset point is placed further back from the operating point, so it's possible to mostly release the key, but because of that tactile bump on the upwards stroke as well as the downwards stroke, it's very easy for a key to get "stuck" on when using a light touch.

MX Blues are probably the worst keyboard for gaming, even worse than membrane.

That's not to say that mechanical keyboards aren't a lot nicer to type on, but scissor keyboards have the lowest amount of travel, which is important in gaming.

But refresh rates! No matter how terrible the color reproduction or viewing angles end up being!
Are you gaming for fun, or to be competitive? If you're being competitive, you need one of the new 1ms Lightboost panels or a CRT.

Mar 6, 2013 at 9:31 PM Post #8,000 of 10,933
How do you have those KRK's hooked up to your pc? Im debating whether to move them from my turntable to my pc...

side note, i also use them as hat holder lol

Those aren't mine, but I do have Rokit 5's that I have hooked up straight to my computer. I have a Y splitter that combines both XLR cables from the left and right speaker into a 3.5mm that I plug into my computer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back