Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Jul 25, 2009 at 10:50 PM Post #676 of 10,932
Quote:

Originally Posted by iriverdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nothing special about that audio system. My computer audio rig is better. Nice room though

I never said there was something special about my rig. I just posted my rig to this forum. I bet there is alot of ppl who can put togheter a better rig. But this is what i accomplished so far and i am satisfied so far
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 26, 2009 at 3:35 AM Post #677 of 10,932
Quote:

Originally Posted by b_w /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I never said there was something special about my rig. I just posted my rig to this forum. I bet there is alot of ppl who can put togheter a better rig. But this is what i accomplished so far and i am satisfied so far
smily_headphones1.gif

My complement was not just on the audio setup. It was for the overall well matched synergy of all things that go to make up the room. Well thought of layout and presentation. Great.

Jul 26, 2009 at 3:43 AM Post #678 of 10,932
Quote:

Originally Posted by b_w /img/forum/go_quote.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Well, I for one think that the overall look of the room/rooms is great and the gear is nice stuff. Someone did one heck of a job decorating in my opinion, I wish my apartment looked that nice.
beerchug.gif

Jul 26, 2009 at 6:01 AM Post #679 of 10,932
P1030001.JPG

SU-DH1%20Surround%20Headphone.JPG

Toslink%20Switches.JPG

P1030003.JPG

The goal was a silent HT except for some occasional daytime stereo listening. I feel I've accomplished it in spades though certainly not pretty. I also imagine some whining and moaning about the use of the Victor SU-DH1 as a DAC and the BK Gamer for a "silent" sub, but it works crazy well.

As for the audio gear that's hard to see: AKG K601, Rockhopper Mini^3, and a Dayton T-Amp.

Jul 26, 2009 at 6:24 AM Post #680 of 10,932
I love Maggies, have two pair myself and I've owned a couple more over the years....looks cool to me. I'm not familiar with the Butt Kicker attached to the chair, I assume that it gives you the thump so that you feel the music or an explosion in a game?

Jul 26, 2009 at 6:48 AM Post #681 of 10,932
Quote:

Originally Posted by KLJTech /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love Maggies, have two pair myself and I've owned a couple more over the years....looks cool to me. I'm not familiar with the Butt Kicker attached to the chair, I assume that it gives you the thump so that you feel the music or an explosion in a game?

Yes, they use an electromagnet and piston to create bass frequencies. They're both extremely deep and fast which makes them good for both movies and music. Some buttkicker products are actually being integrated into popular AMC theaters and are being used on drum thrones or electric bass platforms.
smile.gif

Jul 26, 2009 at 7:05 AM Post #682 of 10,932
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shike /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, they use an electromagnet and piston to create bass frequencies. They're both extremely deep and fast which makes them good for both movies and music. Some buttkicker products are actually being integrated into popular AMC theaters and are being used on drum thrones or electric bass platforms.
smile.gif

Sweet, that gives you the incredible midrange and highs of the Magnepans and some thump to go along with it. I added a nice Velodyne to mine but then I have to worry about disturbing the neighbors.
Take care.

Jul 26, 2009 at 4:34 PM Post #684 of 10,932
Quote:

Originally Posted by iriverdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Shouldn't they be further apart?

It depends how far you sit away. Since my room is quite small I really shouldn't separate them much more.

Jul 27, 2009 at 6:38 PM Post #686 of 10,932
I swapped things aroung this past weekend and put a 30 inch display in place of the middle dell 2408.

The 30 (bought 2 months ago) was for an i7 setup i was going to get for another room. I am going to wait for the next big graphics jump before I go I7. So this is a temporary arrangment. Wanted to see what the 30 was like and its pretty sweet lol.

27y995f.jpg

s6jeag.jpg

11ac2fm.jpg

2rdkw2x.jpg

Jul 27, 2009 at 6:44 PM Post #687 of 10,932
Quote:

Originally Posted by atx 6speed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Crappy and rushed pics, but they'll do for now:

dsc2374b.jpg

dsc2375.jpg

where did you get the headphone stand / dangler thing?

Jul 27, 2009 at 7:15 PM Post #689 of 10,932
Quote:

Originally Posted by jakebot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
where did you get the headphone stand / dangler thing?

It's the Koss Hold-A-Phone and is most excellent.

Jul 27, 2009 at 7:46 PM Post #690 of 10,932
Quote:

Originally Posted by IceClass /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's the Koss Hold-A-Phone and is most excellent.

Yeppers
smily_headphones1.gif
I have one for my JVCs and one for my AKGs. If you call them and order them over the phone they charge you only $3 for shipping, vs $5-6 online.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back