Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Feb 23, 2012 at 10:02 PM Post #6,481 of 10,933
Yeah you basically have to justify every little thing you say on reddit or else it gets downvoted to hell.

Quote:
About a month ago, someone posted a picture thread so others can post their setups.  He included his which was a Weiss DAC2, SPL Phonitor, and K702 (maybe the 701) and I commented "maybe it is time to upgrade cans?"  I don't find it offensive; I just think his cans are the weakest link in his chain.  Then I got insulted and downvoted...

Feb 23, 2012 at 10:03 PM Post #6,482 of 10,933

Quote:
Yeah you basically have to justify every little thing you say on reddit or else it gets downvoted to hell.

and..i've noticed that you have to have the "reddit"mindset to get upvoted. i basically know what stuff i post will get downvoted and what stuff will get upvoted. redditers are basically the just hip enough but not really totally unconforming people. it's like that person that's a wannabe geek really but knows a lot about politics..well not deeply nor on the other global side of things.but knows not to much on tech..generally (minus the science geeks that helpus on that sub reddit)

Feb 24, 2012 at 12:50 AM Post #6,483 of 10,933
Quote:

I love the HRT MS2 and the CMoy is only temporary until I buy an O2

I haven't heard any version of the MS2, but I upgraded from a CMoy to an O2 and have nothing but great things to say about the change. It's really a phenomenal amp.

Feb 24, 2012 at 3:32 AM Post #6,484 of 10,933
It's been a while since I contributed anything meaningful to the thread, so...

(Sorry for the poor quality - I'm working with a smartphone camera. I'm not big into photography or anything. vOv )

imgur link to the album, because I took 22 pictures, but I'm not gonna slam Head-fi with them all. (For those of you that want to see innards... that album will have them.)

System specs are in my community profile.

-- Griffinhart

Feb 24, 2012 at 5:04 AM Post #6,485 of 10,933

Quote:

(Sorry for the poor quality - I'm working with a smartphone camera. I'm not big into photography or anything. vOv )

imgur link to the album, because I took 22 pictures, but I'm not gonna slam Head-fi with them all. (For those of you that want to see innards... that album will have them.)

-- Griffinhart

Lovely Unicomp
wink.gif

Feb 24, 2012 at 5:40 AM Post #6,486 of 10,933
Yeah, it's only like... two weeks old, maybe?

So, so much better than my Logitech G19.

Though, I do miss the extra G keys and the LCD screen.

Kind of also want to replace this pointing stick with a Lenovo one, but that's beyond my expertise...

-- Griffinhart

Feb 24, 2012 at 6:14 AM Post #6,487 of 10,933

Budget-fi rig reporting in, fujitsu lappy with R2000T monitors. I did my best with a RTA I borrowed for EQing but its still a resonance fest in hear. The puzzle behind absorbs some of the reflections. For the corners of my room will place cloth tapestries help with the situation? I'm also planning on getting some foam or something to raise my monitors to ear level.

Feb 24, 2012 at 6:48 AM Post #6,490 of 10,933
Poster/puzzle in the back is Koakuma and Patchouli from Touhou Project (looks like a doujin work, since it doesn't have the QUALITY of ZUN art; the characters first appeared in Touhou Project 6: Embodiment of Scarlet Devil); figurine looks like meido-outfit Mio from K-ON (ETA: mostly judging from the fact that the fig is a left-handed bassist; how many left-handed guitar-wielding maid outfit-wearing girls even exist in anime, anyhow?); don't recognize the one-piece swimsuit or the characters on the pad on the keyboard slide-out.

Hmm, I really need to pick up a good wallscroll of Miku at some point... and get a custom-print dakimakura of Hanako...

-- Griffinhart

Feb 24, 2012 at 7:08 AM Post #6,491 of 10,933

Quote:
Poster/puzzle in the back is Koakuma and Patchouli from Touhou Project (looks like a doujin work, since it doesn't have the QUALITY of ZUN art; the characters first appeared in Touhou Project 6: Embodiment of Scarlet Devil); figurine looks like meido-outfit Mio from K-ON; don't recognize the one-piece swimsuit or the characters on the pad on the keyboard slide-out.

Hmm, I really need to pick up a good wallscroll of Miku at some point... and get a custom-print dakimakura of Hanako...

-- Griffinhart

groffonhart lol doujin person :D im not really one

the people on the pad of the keyboard are the ones that looked familiar to me

Feb 24, 2012 at 9:11 AM Post #6,493 of 10,933
Puzzle is framed behind fibreglass(I think) and is from a japan based doujin group(can't remember but the original artwork was done very nicely). Deskmat is from Dog Days.  I wish I had more deskspace for the speakers, getting a good image is a challenge here.

Feb 24, 2012 at 9:16 AM Post #6,495 of 10,933
I have 2 of the slime plushies, and that Death Smiles faceplate...

I need to get another set of shelves to show off all my figured again though. Oh, and nice Ikea furnite. :3
Quote:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back