Pictures of headphones being worn?
Jul 24, 2008 at 11:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 33

Inazuma

New Head-Fier
Hey there Head-Fi, I finally got brave enough to post for once instead of lurking as usual. I've been doing quite a lot of reading here trying to scope out several different headphones for various uses. However, I'm not gonna lie: Looks are important to me. Seeing headphones by themselves is a huge help, but there seems to be a huge lack of pictures of these more hi-fi types of headphones on actual heads to get more of an idea for size and whether or not they look absolutely ridiculous being worn.

There are 3 models in particular that I'm looking for pictures of being worn: The ATH-ES7 in white, the ATH-A900, and the AKG-K701. Anything would be absolutely wonderful, and I would appreciate it greatly!

Jul 24, 2008 at 11:55 PM Post #2 of 33
Um, well, my AKG headphones are so big that my head is no longer visible when I wear them.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 25, 2008 at 2:25 AM Post #7 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by nikongod /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where exactly do you want those headphones worn? Are we allowed to get creative with placement?

the k701 are the coolest looking, they match your ipod.

:doit:

Jul 25, 2008 at 2:30 AM Post #8 of 33
Jul 25, 2008 at 3:09 AM Post #9 of 33
Haha, i'm going to have to pass on the fetish link! Headphone.com was helpful, but they only had the K701's pictured out of the ones I'm looking for, and I still think seeing them on a real person would be a little more helpful!
smily_headphones1.gif

You can get creative if you wish, but at least one straight-on and one side/angled view with them worn normally would be great.

Also, you can go ahead and post the black ES7 pics if you would like, it would help me get a little more idea at the very least!

Jul 25, 2008 at 3:34 AM Post #11 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by nikongod /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where exactly do you want those headphones worn? Are we allowed to get creative with placement?

the k701 are the coolest looking, they match your ipod.

You are not allowed to submit pictures to this thread, regardless of which head you wear them on this time.

Jul 25, 2008 at 3:37 AM Post #12 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Inazuma /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You can get creative if you wish!

from what i have read, i dont think you want to let nikongod get creative...

Jul 25, 2008 at 6:19 AM Post #13 of 33
I have both the white ES-7 and the AKG K701 but I'm too shy to take a picture of myself with them. Sorry!

What I will say is that I wear the ES7 outdoors all the time and I think it looks pretty cool...maybe that's just what I think.

I also think that the AKG K701 looks pretty cool but it's not something I would wear outdoors.

There's actually a japanese musician who wears the K701 in part of his music video. His name is Suga Shikao and the song is Nobody Knows. Just look on youtube. Incidentally, it's also a pretty decent song.

EDIT: Here's the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNtTS37bns8

around 40 seconds in.

Jul 25, 2008 at 8:11 PM Post #14 of 33
Ok crazily enough, I've seen that video before, and totally forgot about it. That was actually pretty helpful, I appreciate it greatly! Now if I could only get some of the white ES-7's and A900's!
biggrin.gif
I've seen some of the black ES-7's in that essential mod thread, but mostly wanting to see how the white looks. I'm ready to buy a pair, but I've never had so much difficulty deciding on a color before.

Jul 25, 2008 at 8:24 PM Post #15 of 33
I don't know which is sexier...:

ID_2_by_jesus_etc.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back