Dec 28, 2011 at 10:07 PM Post #527 of 987
Ultrasone PRO 2900

Audio Technica AD900

Audio Technica A900

Sennheiser HD 598

AKG K81

Grado SR-80i

Dec 29, 2011 at 7:45 PM Post #528 of 987
I've only listened to the Sennheiser HD-800 in one setting, FLAC>Rega DAC>Musical Fidelity M1HPA/Musical Fidelity V-CAN Mk2>Cardas Headphone cable. This is how I would describe it:

Accurate reproduction above all else.

HiFiMAN HE-500:

Beyerdynamic DT770 PRO 80 Ohm:

Dec 29, 2011 at 10:50 PM Post #531 of 987
Audition is comparable to vision more than for any other sense.

For the amazing details my newly modified Fostex T50RP is resolving next to my ears (and I've been using stock T50RP full-time for 2 months now) I'm giving it this image (in the vein of Mad Dude's image for the Beyer T1) :

a pretty boring metaphor...

This is a comparison between modded and stock T50RP :

Bismuth crystal vs. bismuth (like comparing a butterfly and its caterpillar)

Dec 30, 2011 at 11:58 PM Post #534 of 987
To me, the Audio Technica AD700 sounds like:                                                  Yet the AD700 feels like:

(Warm and bright at the same time. Spacious, yet sharp. And a "little" grainy.)   (Clouds around my head...
atsmile.gif
)

The Audio Technica EM7 sounds like:                                          But EM7 looks like:

(Simple, warm, and involving. With a touch of brightness.)                (Futuristic and sleek, like it's going to take over the world.)

And the Audio Technica M50 sounds like:                                    Also, the Monster Beats by Dre, Soul by Ludacris, and "Cents by 50" look like:

(Very warm and confined. With a lot of punch, as well.)                 (Sunglasses.)

And finally, the Sony XB 500 sounds like:

(Dark..Daark...Where are the mids? I think I can hear them, maybe.)

Dec 31, 2011 at 2:47 PM Post #535 of 987
Oh not much. Nothing new either, I based myself on the scheme of the RastaPants2 as a documented, tested, and positively fruitful scheme. I just tried to maximize the principles on my own and do it very carefully (compressing and shaping the modeling clay, lining the inside of the cup, for example). Still I personalized heavily the reflex dot on the back of the driver and the 4 vents' covering.

I used well known materials too, as stated in my signature. I finished modding it two days ago. I took a lot of pictures and I'll post everything in the "I listened to T50RP today WOW" soon. 

Quote:
^ which mod did you do?

The image of the bismuth is to represent the newly found expended dynamic range (colors) and details unveiled (crystalline structure) for a driver that remained unchanged. What looks better on this image represent how the headphone sounds better to me!

Jan 1, 2012 at 7:26 AM Post #536 of 987

^ I'm looking foreward to your pictures and descprition  :) 

Also - you can put in a link to your post in the wiki: 
http://www.head-fi.org/a/fostex-t50rp-modification-summary-links-wiki

Quote:
Oh not much. Nothing new either, I based myself on the scheme of the RastaPants2 as a documented, tested, and positively fruitful scheme. I just tried to maximize the principles on my own and do it very carefully (compressing and shaping the modeling clay, lining the inside of the cup, for example). Still I personalized heavily the reflex dot on the back of the driver and the 4 vents' covering.

I used well known materials too, as stated in my signature. I finished modding it two days ago. I took a lot of pictures and I'll post everything in the "I listened to T50RP today WOW" soon. 

The image of the bismuth is to represent the newly found expended dynamic range (colors) and details unveiled (crystalline structure) for a driver that remained unchanged. What looks better on this image represent how the headphone sounds better to me!

Jan 2, 2012 at 5:08 AM Post #537 of 987
^ I will :D, thank you, I'm just trying to build a certain vocabulary to describe its sound better and I asked Tyll Hertsen to help me in doing that! I will surely send him my pair. I am also opened to try other mods and improving but it is a sure thing that I want to share it all to you and contribute (especially with explained pictures) to the threads and I'll put it in the wiki.

Jan 4, 2012 at 7:19 PM Post #540 of 987
I can see how such watches are finely and precisely made and functional, but is that really the only parallel you can do in comparing to the Sound of your Stax headphones?

Just saying, because I know nothing about Stax headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back