Pictures metaphoring the sound of your headphones
Nov 5, 2011 at 6:35 PM Post #213 of 987

Quote:
The amount of Grado hatred in this thread saddens me.

You completely misundrestand the thread then, it not hate, we think they're the most awesome headphones ever! It rock cans, and dying in a pool of vomit or crashing for example is the to 10 way for a rockstar/metalstar to end his career xD
Generally we all just show pictures of people doing what we feel like doing when we listen to them: Headbanging, rockin' a guitar or some other crazy stuff... 

GRADO IS THE MOST ENGAGING AND ROCKIN' HEADPHONES EVER! <---There, i said it, what'cha gonna do? xD

Nov 5, 2011 at 6:40 PM Post #214 of 987

Quote:
You completely misundrestand the thread then, it not hate, we think they're the most awesome headphones ever! It rock cans, and dying in a pool of vomit or crashing for example is the to 10 way for a rockstar/metalstar to end his career xD
Generally we all just show pictures of people doing what we feel like doing when we listen to them: Headbanging, rockin' a guitar or some other crazy stuff... 

GRADO IS THE MOST ENGAGING AND ROCKIN' HEADPHONES EVER! <---There, i said it, what'cha gonna do? xD

Should've added a smiley at the end of my post since I was joking.

Although, I don't think dying in a pool of vomit is ever cool for anybody.
biggrin.gif

Nov 5, 2011 at 7:48 PM Post #216 of 987
To me it has to be the HF2 because it has the normal grado rock sound + a bass response that could take your head of if you want it to, making all rock and metal sound freakin' awesome! xD

Nov 6, 2011 at 2:05 AM Post #217 of 987
isn't the ps500 just like the hf2 but even moar bass?

Nov 11, 2011 at 11:30 PM Post #219 of 987
No. Full open air design is very bass light by nature, it needs bassy driver. F1 even uses some acoustic "bass lens" according to SONY. Grado will sound thin in this design likely. 

Quote:
Do you think it'd be an improvement?

Quote:
At one point I was thinking it'd be interesting to transplant a grado driver into an F1...

Nov 12, 2011 at 3:54 AM Post #220 of 987

Quote:
No. Full open air design is very bass light by nature, it needs bassy driver. F1 even uses some acoustic "bass lens" according to SONY. Grado will sound thin in this design likely. 

Hmm, I figured since Grados are already very open by nature, the F1 frame wouldn't make too much difference. I'm curious what the F1 "bass lens" is... isn't it just a ring of felt in front of the driver?

Nov 12, 2011 at 4:38 AM Post #221 of 987

Quote:

What's the most intense and rockin' grado?

Depends on who you talk to. Personally I like the 325i and the RS1i. Considering your a treble head like me I'm thinking either headphone would serve you well. Another route you might want to look into is the Magnum Upgrade. The company who does this upgrade is a Canadian company and from what I've read they're quite good. Most Grado fans who have tried the upgrade seems to love what they're hearing. Right now the new PS500 seems to really be making Tribe Grado all happy and music crazy with what it can do. Probably the most sought after Grado, especially amongst the traditionalists, is the old school Joe Grado HP1000's which go for a very pretty penny. The people who own Joe Grado's claim the HP1000 rocks better then any other Grado ever made. If you prefer to be rockin with one of a kind style and have extra cash to burn then I would go the full out crazed modder route. The best modder out there right now would be the dude who runs the site Headphile. Personally I've always loved the pleasing aesthetics of the Triple Point. A little warning Grado's are an acquired taste and people who like the Grado sound are infamous for being screwballs so be prepared to throw away all sanity for the sake of loving your music. Considering I'm one of those screwballs I think that's a very good thing. Give a Grado headphone a listen one day and see if you like it. There's always room for a new fan girl amongst Tribe Grado.

Quote:
isn't the ps500 just like the hf2 but even moar bass?

I haven't listened to either headphone but from all the impressions and reviews I've read the PS500 seems to be a rebadged slightly tweaked HF2. Read for yourself what Mike from Headfonia has to say about the PS500. Next summer I plan on moving up the Grado higher archy and right now the PS500's are on my list of possibilities. I'll have to wait and see what happens but I've heard the RS1i and the 325i and can"t help but wonder what the PS500's might sound like. A lot of owners of the PS500 are saying the big news for the PS500 is it follows more in the Joe Grado smoother house sound vein and is a departure from the modern Grado house sound. Whether that's true or not depends on the ear of the listener.

Nov 12, 2011 at 5:47 AM Post #222 of 987

Quote:
Depends on who you talk to. Personally I like the 325i and the RS1i. Considering your a treble head like me I'm thinking either headphone would serve you well. Another route you might want to look into is the Magnum Upgrade. The company who does this upgrade is a Canadian company and from what I've read they're quite good. Most Grado fans who have tried the upgrade seems to love what they're hearing. Right now the new PS500 seems to really be making Tribe Grado all happy and music crazy with what it can do. Probably the most sought after Grado, especially amongst the traditionalists, is the old school Joe Grado HP1000's which go for a very pretty penny. The people who own Joe Grado's claim the HP1000 rocks better then any other Grado ever made. If you prefer to be rockin with one of a kind style and have extra cash to burn then I would go the full out crazed modder route. The best modder out there right now would be the dude who runs the site Headphile. Personally I've always loved the pleasing aesthetics of the Triple Point. A little warning Grado's are an acquired taste and people who like the Grado sound are infamous for being screwballs so be prepared to throw away all sanity for the sake of loving your music. Considering I'm one of those screwballs I think that's a very good thing. Give a Grado headphone a listen one day and see if you like it. There's always room for a new fan girl amongst Tribe Grado.

I haven't listened to either headphone but from all the impressions and reviews I've read the PS500 seems to be a rebadged slightly tweaked HF2. Read for yourself what Mike from Headfonia has to say about the PS500. Next summer I plan on moving up the Grado higher archy and right now the PS500's are on my list of possibilities. I'll have to wait and see what happens but I've heard the RS1i and the 325i and can"t help but wonder what the PS500's might sound like. A lot of owners of the PS500 are saying the big news for the PS500 is it follows more in the Joe Grado smoother house sound vein and is a departure from the modern Grado house sound. Whether that's true or not depends on the ear of the listener.

oooh  thanks for the info

umm how different is the rs1i sound from the 325i?

Nov 12, 2011 at 1:57 PM Post #223 of 987

Quote:
oooh  thanks for the info

umm how different is the rs1i sound from the 325i?

More refined sound everything is more smooth and tight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back