[Pictorial Review] Head-Direct's RE2
Feb 28, 2009 at 4:47 AM Post #76 of 103
I am anxious to hear your opinion on these re2's headphone addict. I'm trying to decide if I should buy these or the ne-7m's for listening to while at work. I have to constantly take my earphones in and out, so if you have time to give input about how comfortable and easy to take in and out the re2's are, I would be very grateful. Isolation is of no importance to me, I just need comfortable background listening.

Feb 28, 2009 at 5:04 AM Post #77 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by kretzschmar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am anxious to hear your opinion on these re2's headphone addict. I'm trying to decide if I should buy these or the ne-7m's for listening to while at work. I have to constantly take my earphones in and out, so if you have time to give input about how comfortable and easy to take in and out the re2's are, I would be very grateful. Isolation is of no importance to me, I just need comfortable background listening.

They are both just as easy to insert and remove. They do sound different from each other as I stated before, but I have not compared them until the RE2 are burned in.

Feb 28, 2009 at 5:06 AM Post #78 of 103
Quote:

For your application, I'd go with Yuin earbuds. Much easier to put in and take out quickly. I had the RE2's at work and got Yuins to replace them -- need to hear the phone, for example.

Feb 28, 2009 at 5:34 AM Post #79 of 103
I am defiantly considering the pk3's, but I will wait for headphone addicts review. I don't have to listen for the phone at work, but a couple of days ago my supervisor apparently tried getting my attention for like 45 seconds with no avail while I had my koss sparkplugs in. She didn't seem to be mad about it though, so I may go with the re2 or ne-7m. I also have prejudice towards earbuds for some reason. I just have to upgrade from my sparkplugs though, I'm sure that any of the 3 will make me extremely happy.

Mar 4, 2009 at 5:32 AM Post #80 of 103
Quote:

I am defiantly considering the pk3's, but I will wait for headphone addicts review. I don't have to listen for the phone at work, but a couple of days ago my supervisor apparently tried getting my attention for like 45 seconds with no avail while I had my koss sparkplugs in. She didn't seem to be mad about it though, so I may go with the re2 or ne-7m. I also have prejudice towards earbuds for some reason. I just have to upgrade from my sparkplugs though, I'm sure that any of the 3 will make me extremely happy.

The RE2 will be up to about 150 hours by the middle of the night tonight, so I hope to spend more time with the RE2 tomorrow and see if I think they are burned in yet, or whether I need to run them more before I review them.

Mar 6, 2009 at 1:30 AM Post #81 of 103
nice, i will be waiting for your review headphoneaddict
biggrin.gif

Mar 6, 2009 at 1:33 AM Post #82 of 103
I'm going to give them 200 hours, so I will start working on a report this weekend. The Fiio E5 with bass boost does make them sound like a more expensive IEM than the $70 for the set (IEM and amp) would imply.

Mar 15, 2009 at 6:09 AM Post #83 of 103
i jus recently bought the re2s from head-direct sale. the cord doesnt look like yours,
no metal thing at the end of the "y" and you cant shorten the cord so it goes under your chin. no extensions either.

Mar 15, 2009 at 6:43 AM Post #84 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by drkazndragon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i jus recently bought the re2s from head-direct sale. the cord doesnt look like yours,
no metal thing at the end of the "y" and you cant shorten the cord so it goes under your chin. no extensions either.

The review was done a year ago when it is first released. It seems between then and now, Head-Direct has already redesigned the cable.

Mar 15, 2009 at 8:04 PM Post #86 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The review was done a year ago when it is first released. It seems between then and now, Head-Direct has already redesigned the cable.

in any case, aside from the minor cable gripe (i used a tiny ziptie) they sound great, they remind me of the ad700s (which i love oh so much!) maybe less treble and mid, but same bass. cant wait till they burn in.

Apr 9, 2009 at 6:46 AM Post #87 of 103
Aug 19, 2009 at 12:56 AM Post #88 of 103
I really like the RE2-E5 combo which is costing me AU$77.00 with shipping. A big store has Sennheiser CX500 on clearing sale for AU$79.00.

my question is very simple, Whats a better choice?

Aug 29, 2009 at 12:22 PM Post #89 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by sdmanfar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I really like the RE2-E5 combo which is costing me AU$77.00 with shipping. A big store has Sennheiser CX500 on clearing sale for AU$79.00.

my question is very simple, Whats a better choice?

What did you end up getting?

I picked up the Re2 with the Fiio E5 and am happy with it. I might sell the Fiio soon since I picked up a Penguin Caffeine amp for fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back