[Pictorial Review] Head-Direct's RE2
Jun 16, 2008 at 1:38 AM Post #47 of 103
The big bi-flange is universal so it should work, but there is no telling as everyone has slightly different ear. Also, I won't say the isolation is as good as iM716, but it is more than enough for everyday use.

Jun 16, 2008 at 2:03 AM Post #48 of 103
There are different sizes of biflanges. I am sure one of those will fit your ears. It seems though that the primary biflange is firmer than the optional ones. I wouldn't worry about it. one will certainly fit.

Jul 15, 2008 at 1:24 AM Post #49 of 103
Great review! I am considering buying these, but do you think they will provide enough bass for me? I listen to a lot of trance/techno, so bass is fairly important to me. BTW I have a Cowon D2, which has a very good bass adjustment/EQ (it can really pump up the bass). Thanks.

Jul 15, 2008 at 1:56 AM Post #50 of 103
Bass is relative. So it depends on how much you are used to. For me the bass is decent and there will be tracks where it is adequate. Some tracks you wish there was more.

Aug 5, 2008 at 5:08 AM Post #52 of 103
damn, too bad I missed the group buy

Aug 29, 2008 at 3:07 AM Post #53 of 103
What is the correct Comply model for the RE2? I just ordered a pair and want to get some of the Complys, but have no idea which ones to get. One place recommneds the Shure black tips aas a cheaper alternative. Anyone have any thoughts on those? Will they fit the RE2s?

Thanks,
Phil

Aug 29, 2008 at 4:09 AM Post #54 of 103
The correct Comply for RE2 is T400.

You can only use Shure black foam (olive) on RE2 after modification. Check it out here.

Aug 29, 2008 at 12:40 PM Post #55 of 103
Thanks much for that!

Phil

Aug 29, 2008 at 7:49 PM Post #56 of 103
bought one for my sister for her birthday. She wanted earphones that had low isolations, so I thought this was the best for the price. I only have the UE3 and the livewires to compare to though
frown.gif

Sep 3, 2008 at 1:08 AM Post #57 of 103
hey, I've got a pair of re2's coming my way. I'll be running it out of my itouch. do these benefit from an amp? I know the quick answer is yes, but has anyone actually tried it, or found a need for an amp? just curious. these are my first "real" iems.

I just realized it would be better to start a new thread on this.. sorry folks. didnt mean to highjack.

Sep 3, 2008 at 1:49 AM Post #58 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by Keithpgdrb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hey, I've got a pair of re2's coming my way. I'll be running it out of my itouch. do these benefit from an amp? I know the quick answer is yes, but has anyone actually tried it, or found a need for an amp? just curious. these are my first "real" iems.

I just realized it would be better to start a new thread on this.. sorry folks. didnt mean to highjack.

Just answered your question on the other thread: No amp is needed but a FiiO E3 has a good synergy with RE2 and doesn't cost much.

Sep 8, 2008 at 1:05 PM Post #59 of 103
Well, I got my RE2s about a week ago. I really like them. To qualify all of this, this is my first set of decent IEMs. I have several sets of cheapies. I also have a few sets of decent headphones (Senn hd 650 with Equinox and SR 325i). I have a Tomahawk and mini 3 amps plus a few others. I tried the RE2s right out of my Meizu M6 and with the two amps mentioned as well as the PA2V2. If a person thinks that the RE2s lack bass, the PA2V2 is a good compliment to them (and it is cheap). While I think they do sound a bit better amplified, the M6 drove them well as did my Sony SRF-59 (modded). The RE2s are very pleasant to listen to for long periods. Some have mentioned that they sound something like Grados. I think the upper mid range is smoother and far less "in your face". The bass while a bit lean is good and extended. On material where there is a lot of bass content the IEMs sound nice and full. I did tweak the equalizer for the bottom two octaves up a couple of DB. I used the RE2s on a couple of occasions for four to five hours at a stretch. With either the two flange silicon tips or the Complys it was easy to forget they were in my ears. I, as others have said, sure would appreciate a cord clip though. If anyone has a suggestion for a source for a nice clip, please let me know.

Anyway, for the price of $80 I think these things are a killer deal. I would recommend them to anyone good quality IEms under $100.

Phil

Sep 10, 2008 at 5:28 PM Post #60 of 103
hey all,
I got my re2's recently, and have been burning and experimenting with them. I am also going to write a review as I think my experience with them has been slightly different then others.. one thing I can say at this early stage is that the kind of tips you put on these is Very important. I tried them out of the box with the clear biflange tips, and Hated them. I have found since then that I must have shallow ear holes, because none of the biflanges seal for me, and I have found decent sound with the medium sized single flange. anyway, I will write more later, but I wanted to sound off for anyone who might be having a similar experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back