[Pictorial] Mook Headphone Festival @ Singapore
Aug 6, 2013 at 4:46 AM Post #16 of 41
Quote:
Thanks for the pics ClieOS

Is this an annual event in Singapore?

This is the first. There is no talk on the next yet but judging from the overall reaction, I think turning it into an annual event won't be any problem.

Aug 6, 2013 at 9:27 AM Post #17 of 41
This is the first. There is no talk on the next yet but judging from the overall reaction, I think turning it into an annual event won't be any problem.

Really?! If it's becoming annually, I will make sure I don't miss the next year's one!

Aug 6, 2013 at 10:55 AM Post #18 of 41
Hey ClieOS, thanks for taking so many great pictures! It was great to meet you and the many other local forum members/Head-Fiers.
I was definitely surprised by the Rio Karma and the Xin SuperMicro that were brought to the meet, especially the latter. If only Dr. Xin was still around...
Definitely hoping the festival turns into an annual event, maybe I'll get Mr. Suyuma to sign my Pelican case next year 
biggrin.gif

Aug 7, 2013 at 1:16 PM Post #21 of 41
how about that prototype fitear (the white one)?

Aug 7, 2013 at 4:41 PM Post #22 of 41
First off, thanks to ClieOS for the awesome pictures and coverage!

I was there on the 2nd day, and there was really alot of people, not good for auditioning open-headphones but still passable

Tried the Earsonics EM6/EM4 demo, sound signature pretty close to mine ES5, both had a smooth signature overall...Went on to try SE846, good but still wasn't impressing enough at that pricepoint

Went to tried Grado PS1000, felt like a freaking dancefloor in my head!!! Bass was too forward for my liking

Finally, tried the Stax SR009, jaws dropped, jizzed all over the floor, hogged the phones for like almost 30mins....bloody great stuff! The mids totally destroyed my ES5 mids, no contest!:darthsmile:

Aug 8, 2013 at 12:41 AM Post #23 of 41
kudos to  ClieOS for the photograph and the description of the event. Kudos to the organiser for having this event this. Went to the event on the 3rd day and met many people there sharing their knowledge around, a great event :wink:

Aug 8, 2013 at 3:21 AM Post #24 of 41
Thanks Jaben for making this happened! It was a great pleasure meeting with Jerry Harvey and Suyama-san!
I hope they are going to make this annual! 

Here are some of the photos I took:

Aug 8, 2013 at 3:31 AM Post #25 of 41
Such a nice event to read about on this side of the world. I would like to go next year. I'm just a short flight away on Bali Island.:)

Aug 8, 2013 at 5:06 AM Post #26 of 41
Great coverage of the Mook festival, ClieOS.

Tis a great pleasure to meet-up at the E1 Personal Audio store on Saturday and sharing so much insight in this wonderful hobby. :)
Not to mention trying out the very nice mods of the Fiio X3. What an ear opening experience. :D

Hope the Mook festival will become an annual one. This is one festival i will be looking out for annually.

Aug 9, 2013 at 10:28 AM Post #29 of 41
ClieOs, how does the Elekit portable tube-amp sound?

Also interested in Elekit TU-HP01, looking forward to upcoming review.

Haven't really spent enough time on it to form a definitive opinion yet. It is slightly hissy but won't be a problem unless you are on a hiss prone IEM (SE530 for an example). Otherwise it is quite good sounding. It is a hybrid amp so there is an opamp buffer stage and you can roll the stock MESUE8820 out (one OPA2604 is included). Overall my impression is quite positive.

Aug 9, 2013 at 10:32 AM Post #30 of 41
Haven't really spent enough time on it to form a definitive opinion yet. It is slightly hissy but won't be a problem unless you are on a hiss prone IEM (SE530 for an example). Otherwise it is quite good sounding. It is a hybrid amp so there is an opamp buffer stage and you can roll the stock MESUE8820 out (one OPA2604 is included). Overall my impression is quite positive.
I've had the TU-HP01 for a few months now but promptly switched it to the Muses02 & never really spent much time on the supplied OpAmps.

The tube seems particularly sensitive to vibrations. I hear a ping everytime I move the amp when something is playing through it. The same whenever I (un)plug the headphone jack, it takes a few seconds for the ping to settle down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back