Pico amp pictures compilation thread
Jan 3, 2008 at 3:39 AM Post #46 of 109
Great! Good out of the box. That's like popping the top from your favorite beer, sitting back and enjoying that first sip.

What cans will you be/are you using?

I can almost reach out and touch the Pico. Could you get it just a little closer. . .. :^)

Jan 3, 2008 at 4:21 AM Post #47 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Great! Good out of the box. That's like popping the top from your favorite beer, sitting back and enjoying that first sip.

What cans will you be/are you using?

I can almost reach out and touch the Pico. Could you get it just a little closer. . .. :^)

Yes, good from the get-go. I'm betting my Pico will even improve. I truly believe my AE-2 changed after a few weeks,it had over 600 hours before I sold it.

One aspect from my comparison that I didn't mention was the stronger bass that I was hearing from my Porta Corda, which by now has easily 1,500+ hours.

I'm hoping that the Pico improves/increases bass output. In the end I was always impressed with the bass from my AE-2.

My next cans up will be my Darth Beyers I think, then I have HD 650, DT-880 & lastly 325i...but that will have to wait, I must wake in 6 hours
eek.gif

Jan 3, 2008 at 8:45 AM Post #48 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Black is beautiful. Have you listened yet? :^)

Well as they say, once you go black you never go back.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Personally, I think the grey/clear combo that Justin showed us of the AE-2 was nicer. Now can someone please show me some Pico pics in that combination please??????????????? I'm growing very impatient with you folks.
tongue.gif

Jan 3, 2008 at 4:48 PM Post #49 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well as they say, once you go black you never go back.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Personally, I think the grey/clear combo that Justin showed us of the AE-2 was nicer. Now can someone please show me some Pico pics in that combination please??????????????? I'm growing very impatient with you folks.
tongue.gif

Yeah... Looking at the pre-order list only two Picos with that color combo have been delivered, though. Maybe your best bet is to search for those nicks here at Head-fi and PM them. Waiting for that color combo myself but I'm way down the list.

Jan 3, 2008 at 4:55 PM Post #50 of 109
I wonder if Justin will sell enclosures and knobs separate for anyone who wants to change their colors up from time to time?

Not that I have any plans for it, I love mine... pictures really don't do this color justice
biggrin.gif

Jan 3, 2008 at 4:59 PM Post #51 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by wakeride74 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wonder if Justin will sell enclosures and knobs separate for anyone who wants to change their colors up from time to time?

Not that I have any plans for it, I love mine... pictures really don't do this color justice
biggrin.gif

Something like that might count as voiding the warranty. Plus, while it's relatively easy to get inside the Pico, you do need an impossibly small allan wrench to remove the volume knob...I could see a lot of people ruining that set screw by striping it.

Jan 11, 2008 at 4:05 AM Post #54 of 109
Lovely. Very lovely.

I'm looking forward to having two of those three -- silver/clear Pico and GLite with DPS.

Hoping/dreaming/praying for the email(s) from Justin...

Jan 11, 2008 at 8:17 AM Post #57 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew_WOT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Silver Headamp stack
mg0528vv2.jpg
mg0529sl1.jpg

Droooooool and lots of envy over here! All that silver is mindblowing! It's giving me seizures! Hats off to you, that's just awesome. I see your silver and raise you this:
biggrin.gif

blksys_1.jpg

Too bad I didn't get to stage a pyramid with Pico, AE-2, Gilmore Lite LE, GS-1, and GS-X. That would've been the ultimate.
frown.gif

Jan 11, 2008 at 8:22 AM Post #58 of 109
lol why do you need like 5 amps?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back