Phonak Audeo?
Feb 2, 2009 at 1:08 AM Post #751 of 2,281
My 2G Nano can't pump out enough bass for it's life with the grey filters. Bass boost just distorts the sound. I think the only way to improve the bass without distortion is with the Treble Reducer EQ on the Nano. Wish my Nano didn't suck so much...

Grey filters work great for me on the computer since Foobar EQ doesn't distort/cause any problems as long as I keep it below +4dB in the 220hz and under range. I do miss the extra bit of detail the gray filters bring when I go back to the black filters, but I would rather have it balanced than have it be bass-lite.

Feb 2, 2009 at 1:09 AM Post #752 of 2,281
Out of curiosity, does anyone with glasses wear these? These suckers were already in my cart but then I started considering how comfortable they would be with glasses. I'm currently using sennheiser cx300's and have never really worn any iems that loop over the ear.

I'm hoping to see an overall better listening experience, since I did find the cx300 bass a bit much for me.

Feb 2, 2009 at 1:12 AM Post #753 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by Reiniku /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Out of curiosity, does anyone with glasses wear these? These suckers were already in my cart but then I started considering how comfortable they would be with glasses. I'm currently using sennheiser cx300's and have never really worn any iems that loop over the ear.

I'm hoping to see an overall better listening experience, since I did find the cx300 bass a bit much for me.

I wear contacts and glasses. They don't cause any problems or discomfort when used with glasses. The majority of the cable is thick, but the cable is thinner after the Y connector for each driver/side. So you have nothing to worry about.

You can try wearing the CX300 or any pair of earphones over the ear to get a good idea of what it's like.

Feb 2, 2009 at 1:16 AM Post #754 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by Reiniku /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've had no comfort issues with wearing glasses. I use the silicone ear guides. The cables are very soft and it won't make a difference using the ear guides or not...you should not worry about wearing glasses.

Feb 2, 2009 at 1:18 AM Post #755 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rpg2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wear contacts and glasses. They don't cause any problems or discomfort when used with glasses. The majority of the cable is thick, but the cable is thinner after the Y connector for each driver/side. So you have nothing to worry about.

You can try wearing the CX300 or any pair of earphones over the ear to get a good idea of what it's like.

That's great to hear, I don't particularly find any discomfort wearing my cx300's the way you described, so I imagine it shoudl be fine even with the silicone loops. Thanks!

Feb 2, 2009 at 1:51 AM Post #756 of 2,281
Phonak's custom service is superb. I ordered mine online and I forgot to use the coupon code. So I called them the next business day, and asked them if they could apply the coupon code retroactively, and they did it for me :)

Feb 2, 2009 at 3:04 AM Post #757 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by praguewatermelon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Phonak's custom service is superb. I ordered mine online and I forgot to use the coupon code. So I called them the next business day, and asked them if they could apply the coupon code retroactively, and they did it for me :)

I agree, really prompt customer service. I accidentally put my home address as a "business" address, and emailed them that night and the next morning they changed it.

Feb 2, 2009 at 7:55 AM Post #758 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by ethan961 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Apparently the IE8s need at least 150 hours to burn in before they open up.

Well, I'm no believer in burn-in. Never had it happen to me in any really substantial way. I tend to psychoacoustic explanations. But I'm open to new experiences
smile.gif

Feb 2, 2009 at 11:51 AM Post #759 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by chi2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, I'm no believer in burn-in. Never had it happen to me in any really substantial way. I tend to psychoacoustic explanations. But I'm open to new experiences
smile.gif

Easy to get new experiences. Buy a second pair IE8 and compare.
smily_headphones1.gif

My first pair IE8 got crushed a few days before Christmas. I bought a new pair (express delivery
tongue_smile.gif
) and it sounded really bad out of the box compared to the first one. So I'm pretty sure there is some sort of first-time-break-in which may last about 10-20 hours. After that ~20 hours, I'm not sure. All I can say is that the relative difference to SE530, sound wise, to me get larger the more I use the IE8. I'm at about 120 hours with my second pair IE8.

Feb 2, 2009 at 3:32 PM Post #760 of 2,281
It finally came! I didn't bother taking them out of my ears when I ordered breakfast and the guy gave me a rude look ha. First impressions HOLY s--- I didn't know my music sounded this good and this bad actually. Dependig on the song quality it I'd the best I have ever heard or so bad I can't listen to it. Mine came with the comply foamies on it, is that how they always come? Can't wait to try the black filters and maybe pick up some olives. I'll post back after I've had some time to experiment, only been listening for 30 minutes or so. Best purchase ever good bass when it needs to be there, so transparent and clean, and the complys give me good enough isolation, I'll see how they hold up on a plane in a couple months

Feb 2, 2009 at 3:39 PM Post #761 of 2,281
Yes, they come with the Comply foamies preinstalled.

Something I want to share with you guys: Since those damn overpriced Comply things get really ugly really fast I tried to soak them in 3% hydrogen peroxide solution for an hour or so. Result: good as new, all the grime dissolved, and the foamies didn't get destroyed in the process. Thoroughly soak them in clean water afterwards and dry them. Saves a lot of money instead of having to replace them every week or so.

Feb 2, 2009 at 3:56 PM Post #762 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, they come with the Comply foamies preinstalled.

Something I want to share with you guys: Since those damn overpriced Comply things get really ugly really fast I tried to soak them in 3% hydrogen peroxide solution for an hour or so. Result: good as new, all the grime dissolved, and the foamies didn't get destroyed in the process. Thoroughly soak them in clean water afterwards and dry them. Saves a lot of money instead of having to replace them every week or so.

Thanks for sharing, that could save a lot of dough!

Feb 2, 2009 at 4:28 PM Post #764 of 2,281
Yes, as I said: good as new. They're still "springy" and can be squeezed, and all discolorations disappeared. I guess one could do that two or three times to them, as it looks.

I tried 70% medical alcohol and liquid dish washing soap, both of which didn't work. Peroxide sure does the trick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back