Phonak Audeo PFE vs. Sennheiser IE8
Jan 30, 2009 at 2:17 PM Post #16 of 158
Correct
smily_headphones1.gif

That german site in the PFE thread I can get the PFE's delivered for 120 pounds to the UK

Going to be at least 50 pounds more to get the IE8's from Microwarehouse unless anyone can offer anything better for UK delivery on these please
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 30, 2009 at 3:05 PM Post #19 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by centerfold /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice review !

I was wondering if you let your PFE's do any burn-in time and to the extent of your IE8's ?

As single driver armature phones, no burn in required for the Phonaks.

Jan 30, 2009 at 3:20 PM Post #20 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by schneller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Great! Thanks for the review.

I think if I made an adjustment, it would be to the "value" rating.

The IE8s cost $450 USD here (SoundEarphones.com, Amazon.com).

Given that and the admirable performance of the $139 competitor, I would probably give the IE8s 1 fewer stars.

But this is just my opinion.

If/When I have a lot more money to burn on IEMs, then I definitely think I would like to give the IE8s a try.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Excellent comparison, and of course it makes one want to try out the IE8s. I agree with Schneller on one small point. No doubt the value of getting the IE8s for $250 (or less) is there, much like the $260 I paid for the W3s. I would not have paid $399 for the W3s, nor would I pay $400+ for the Senns. So the major question is, given the cost differential ($135 for the Phonaks, $449 for the Senns here in the U.S.), is the cost differential worth it at those prices. I would guess the answer is no, unless you can really afford the Senns, or get them at a very steep discount, as you did.

My opinion, I still give it 5 starts because from what I have read, it cost as low as $330 in the US, and you can get it cheaper still if you don't mind waiting for it to arrive from the UK. My IE8s were $246, and in my opinion, they do sound $111 better than the PFEs (I had to pay sales tax on the PFEs)
biggrin.gif

Jan 30, 2009 at 3:27 PM Post #21 of 158
Makes sense. Where are they selling for $330 (which is still north of my IEM budget)? Headroom has them for $449 still, as does Amazon. Is that $330 price from an authorized seller? Just curious. At $246, definitely worth the price I'd say. Based on your review, I might even sell the W3s and move to the IE8s. But there is the tricky matter of my wife's gift. How do I maneuver around that one? I doubt she even knows what the W3s look like, so swapping for the IE8s would be easy. Am I really thinking this? Maybe I should see if anyone wants to swap on Head-Fi, or get them from the UK seller? PM me the details.

Jan 30, 2009 at 3:37 PM Post #24 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by communic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ncixus has them for $237 which is about the same as they cost in the UK so pretty cheap.

I think I might buy these next week!

No longer available, unless you can backorder them. My guess is they are not authorized to sell the Senns at that discount. Just a guess. How could they sell something for $200 less than MSRP in the states, when other good discount sites (Amazon, etc.) have them at full price? Seems fishy. They do have a "let me know when they are available" option. Would be interested to hear from anyone who actually got their IE8s from ncixus.

Jan 30, 2009 at 4:03 PM Post #25 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by communic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ncixus has them for $237 which is about the same as they cost in the UK so pretty cheap.

I think I might buy these next week!

I scored on that deal.
ksc75smile.gif
...just waiting for them to arrive now.

Jan 30, 2009 at 4:12 PM Post #26 of 158
Good deal. Wonder if they will ever have them in stock again? Did you check to see if they are authorized seller (and provide a valid warranty)? Just curious, because some sites selling Klipsch very cheaply were not, same with W3s. Not that it matters much at that price, I suppose.

Jan 30, 2009 at 4:39 PM Post #27 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fedorov /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Correct
smily_headphones1.gif

That german site in the PFE thread I can get the PFE's delivered for 120 pounds to the UK

Going to be at least 50 pounds more to get the IE8's from Microwarehouse unless anyone can offer anything better for UK delivery on these please
smily_headphones1.gif

Which one? I didn't see it!

Jan 30, 2009 at 4:40 PM Post #28 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by ulyses /img/forum/go_quote.gif
May be you should try to test again with grey filters. If you are using Phonak with black filters, you are listening it's only half potantiel.

X2. The black filters kill some of the clarity and sound stage for me. You really should do a comparison with the Grey filters. But then again you are comparing what you like in each so there really isn't much of a point to that.

Jan 30, 2009 at 4:45 PM Post #29 of 158
I ordered the IE8's back on Jan 11 of this month from advancedmp3players. Received an email that they had shipped this past Monday. I used a code word and was able to order them for $236.00 US shipped. As I recall, the discount code was good through the end of January, but ya better hurry! (Good Luck!)
wink.gif

(Another thread list the code, sorry, I can't recall it).

Jan 30, 2009 at 4:46 PM Post #30 of 158
I would like to know where the IE8s are available from an authorized dealer in the USA for $330...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back