Phonak Audeo PFE vs. Sennheiser IE8
Feb 1, 2009 at 5:03 AM Post #76 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by cn11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I didn't check to see about them being authorized, but in another thread a couple other people said they'd bought from them without any issue. So I'm not too terribly worried, especially as you said at that price.

I'd risk it too at that price. Just have no $$$ left, and I am pretty happy with the PFEs and had a semi-breakthrough today with tips and the W3s (posted about it on another thread). Anyway, you made a major score. This time, if you decide to sell them, you can easily get your money back.

Feb 1, 2009 at 8:30 AM Post #77 of 158
Updated initial review post from listening with the grey filters in the PFE. Also updated info on the cables, slightly modified some ratings, and made some other minor changes.

Hope you enjoy.

Feb 1, 2009 at 10:45 AM Post #78 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by average_joe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Updated initial review post from listening with the grey filters in the PFE. Also updated info on the cables, slightly modified some ratings, and made some other minor changes.

Hope you enjoy.

Super review, much effort and love has clearly gone into this treatise. This I think needs to be made a 'sticky'.
As I had mentioned in various threads previously, I was to order them in February, which I believe has come. In Australia I will be paying $379.00 which in US money equates to $241.00.

EDIT: Just ordered.

Feb 1, 2009 at 12:40 PM Post #79 of 158
It's mystifying to me how some people can justify arguing with someone who has spent countless hours comparing two products when they've only heard one themselves.

Feb 1, 2009 at 1:51 PM Post #80 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by elnero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's mystifying to me how some people can justify arguing with someone who has spent countless hours comparing two products when they've only heard one themselves.

X2.

Feb 1, 2009 at 3:25 PM Post #82 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Agree. Youthful exuberance?

Maybe, unfortunately though it seems to be a growing trend on here that is making it harder and harder to find relevant comments.

Feb 1, 2009 at 3:27 PM Post #83 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cecala /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Super review, much effort and love has clearly gone into this treatise. This I think needs to be made a 'sticky'.
As I had mentioned in various threads previously, I was to order them in February, which I believe has come. In Australia I will be paying $379.00 which in US money equates to $241.00.

EDIT: Just ordered.

lol you got ripped dude, i know a wholesaler/online store in AUstralia selling em for about $240AUD.

Feb 1, 2009 at 4:04 PM Post #85 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow Chris, $237! That's a terrific price, and way cheaper than the first time round. Anyway, I wouldn't be concerned about the seller, looks like other people had no problem. Oooh, and now we'll have the same rig again
biggrin.gif

Yeah, I read the same good comments about the seller too. I had a hiccup in the ordering process (apparently I accidentally ticked the wrong address for my billing address), so the order didn't get processed for a couple days. But I got to spend a few minutes on the phone with a customer service agent, and it was very helpful, nice, and they are keeping me locked in at that low price (the price has gone back up on their site as I'm sure people have noticed). So to this point, kudos to them.

Quite right about having the same rig again... we always manage to find our way back to the same stuff! How does that happen?? Ha ha......

*waiting for the Sony X1000.............*
ksc75smile.gif

Feb 1, 2009 at 4:15 PM Post #86 of 158
I agree...I have learned to remember who has what (or check their sig/profile) to see if they really own/owned them. I don't mind people posting comments about what others that truly own the product said (as I do this in the countless "what IEM for me" threads that annoyingly pop up every hour, so it seems
tongue.gif
).

But comments opinions about a product other than not thinking the sound sig is for you, such as detail amount, is ridiculous. I am not an expert yet in BA vs. dynamic drivers (but doing research when I find the time), but I have my thoughts as to why the PFE and IE8 sound the way they do to me.

Anyways, glad most of you are enjoying my comparison
icon10.gif

Feb 1, 2009 at 4:35 PM Post #88 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by average_joe /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hope you enjoy.

I did read through your review again and noted the updates with the Grey filters. As I've mentioned before, I did compare filters for plenty of time to conclude that the Grey allows for a higher level of detail without the illusion of less bass.

Again, great review. I know you must have spent a lot of time on this.

Feb 1, 2009 at 4:39 PM Post #89 of 158
Great Dane, what combo of filters and tips do you use? I just can't seem to get happy with the grays, and keep gravitating back to the blacks. I guess I will keep comparing/listening, as I want to get the most from the PFEs.

And yes, an amazingly detailed, helpful analysis of the IE8 and PFE. I noticed that Chi2 also owns the IE8 and the PFEs, and also the W3s. He has similar feelings about the first two phones.

Feb 1, 2009 at 4:45 PM Post #90 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by elnero /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sometimes we have to do this. We can't buy every equipment in the world. Still we can try to understand how their sounds are. That's why are we here. Brainstorm but not arguing. 'Shot up your mouth if you haven't one!' I think this is not so nice, is in't it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back