Phonak Audeo (PFE) Thread
Jun 11, 2013 at 10:18 PM Post #2,641 of 3,305
Quote:
Does anyone know if the 132s are compatible with the galaxy s3, s4 or note 2?

I believe so, but you won't have the apple related controls.  I think it will only do volume?  I'm not positive, but I just know that some functionality definitely works and some doesn't not.  Audio-wise you're fine.

Jun 12, 2013 at 4:05 PM Post #2,642 of 3,305
considering the PFE 132's with the new sale.

i listen to a wide range of music, but i do quite enjoy my metal and my hiphop and more low end featured electronic music. with that said i am more interested in the quality of the bass, how deep it goes etc. rather than the actual quantity or punchiness, although i do want the "impact" of the low end to be felt when it is intended by the artist. 

the deal seems to hard to pass up considering I need a new IEM and I was considering the W2's or W3's. is this simply the wrong IEM for my musical preferences? i will be using these for musical listening rather than monitering.

Jun 12, 2013 at 5:55 PM Post #2,645 of 3,305
Thank you, I couldn't resist the $79 deal and pulled the trigger. I have had a pair of PFE 112s since April 2009 and love them. The only negative is their short lifespan. I am currently on my second warranty replacement pair. I hope Phonak will honor the 2 year warranty for the PFE122s which are still on the market. My new set of PFE122s will make a fantastic back up pair to my main earphone, the Westone UM3X.

Jun 12, 2013 at 8:08 PM Post #2,646 of 3,305
My 132's just came in and wow. I have read the reviews but I wasn't expecting this from these. These things can definitely go low and with the proper seal you certainly aren't missing much punch. The resolution and clarity is breathtaking, I can't remember the last time I smiled like this while listening to the Airborne Toxic Event live from Walt Disney Concert Hall. Comfort wise the phonaks melt right into your ears, the cable leaves something to be desired hopefully it starts straightening out and stops springing at me like a cobra. But for 50 less than just the Magnus cable it is hard to believe what you get. I will likely put off ordering the JH13 freqphase for awhile. GOD bless the Swiss.

Jun 12, 2013 at 8:08 PM Post #2,647 of 3,305
Thank you, I couldn't resist the $79 deal and pulled the trigger. I have had a pair of PFE 112s since April 2009 and love them. The only negative is their short lifespan. I am currently on my second warranty replacement pair. I hope Phonak will honor the 2 year warranty for the PFE122s which are still on the market. My new set of PFE122s will make a fantastic back up pair to my main earphone, the Westone UM3X.
What happened to the phonaks?

Jun 12, 2013 at 8:23 PM Post #2,649 of 3,305
From what I remember, I foolishly put my first pair of PFEs in my short pocket for a few hours and then the left channel went out. I also seem to recall that the cables were frayed. Check out this thread for more information on the PFE Defect phenomenon. http://www.head-fi.org/t/418044/phonak-audeo-defect-thread Milan

Jun 13, 2013 at 2:40 AM Post #2,650 of 3,305
I believe so, but you won't have the apple related controls.  I think it will only do volume?  I'm not positive, but I just know that some functionality definitely works and some doesn't not.  Audio-wise you're fine.

It won't do volume. there is just a single button which you can use to skip tracks (forward or back) pause/play, and hold down for Google Voice search.
This is the same for basically all earphone remotes except the ones supplied with your phone.
Otherwise it's fine, and I can't get enough listening to them through my S3.

Jun 14, 2013 at 3:37 PM Post #2,653 of 3,305
After discovering that the 122 In-Flight edition doesn't include any filters, I contacted SoundEarphones and was told that the PFEs will function without filters. This is strange because the 112s I own don't emit audio unless a filter is in place.

I am kicking myself for not spending the extra $20 for the PFE 132s. I didn't know the 122 In-Flight edition was such a bare bones package.

Jun 14, 2013 at 5:05 PM Post #2,655 of 3,305
The in flight edition does come with grey filters:
http://www.phonak.com/content/dam/phonak/gc_hq/b2b/en/products/more_products/pfe/User_Guide_Audeo_PFE_122_InFlight_Edition_029-0232.pdf

If you didn't get them you didn't get everything you should have.  I'd ask them to send you a set.  The only difference with that edition is the airline adapter as far as I know...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back