Phonak Audeo (PFE) Thread
Jun 14, 2013 at 8:56 PM Post #2,656 of 3,308
I've just taken an inventory of my PFE filters and have 7 black (2 may be damaged) and 9 gray. I think I have enough filters on hand to last many years. Perhaps, picking up the 122 series was the best move for me? I can buy a generic earphone hard case on ebay for $2 which will likely offer more protection than the soft pouch Audeo case. I was wondering, is the remote included with the 122s permanently attached to the cable? I keep my Cowon J3 in my shirt pocket, so I don't really need a remote or pause button for my PFEs. Feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

Jun 14, 2013 at 9:29 PM Post #2,659 of 3,308
Quote:

Ugh! Thanks for the information.I really wish the microphone/remote/whatever it is, was not permanently attached to the PFE 122/132s.

That's why I bought a pfe112 and then a pfe012 as a backup.  Identical earphone, but the 012 comes with black filters and no ear guides.  I just use my grey filters in it and it looks cooler because it's all black. ha

Jun 14, 2013 at 9:58 PM Post #2,660 of 3,308
I bought 2 sets of 122s and like many others did not realize they extra lacked filters, but you can always buy a set of your preferred filters from the Audeo store for the $20 you saved over the 132. That way, you get an extra 3 or 4 sets of your preferred filters for future use.

Jun 14, 2013 at 10:04 PM Post #2,661 of 3,308

That's why I bought a pfe112 and then a pfe012 as a backup.  Identical earphone, but the 012 comes with black filters and no ear guides.  I just use my grey filters in it and it looks cooler because it's all black. ha

That's clever. Up until Wednesday, I thought the each model of PFE had unique qualities. It is interesting to know that the model number is only used to identify the included accessories.

Jun 14, 2013 at 11:14 PM Post #2,666 of 3,308
Quote:
If anyone is interested in the 132's send me a pm, I Just received them this week but since I will be upgrading my 4s to a s4 or note in October I really don't need the mic and apple controls.

westone 4?

Jun 14, 2013 at 11:49 PM Post #2,667 of 3,308
Quote:
Quote:
If anyone is interested in the 132's send me a pm, I Just received them this week but since I will be upgrading my 4s to a s4 or note in October I really don't need the mic and apple controls.

westone 4?

Should be samsung galaxy s4, that's why he does not need 132's apple controls.

I got 132 during recent sale and got impressed with SQ...it motivated me to get 232 also. Now I have both..they sound great but I need suggestion on tips that isolote better than stock tips.

Jun 15, 2013 at 12:17 AM Post #2,668 of 3,308
Quote:

Should be samsung galaxy s4, that's why he does not need 132's apple controls.

I got 132 during recent sale and got impressed with SQ...it motivated me to get 232 also. Now I have both..they sound great but I need suggestion on tips that isolote better than stock tips.

oh, i see.  i was going to say, I find the pfe 1xx series an 'upgrade' from the westone 4r. lol  much more neutral and clear. 232 is excellent if you want more bass, but the highs are a little more boosted than I prefer, but great to have both to get the best of both worlds...

Jun 15, 2013 at 6:31 AM Post #2,669 of 3,308
Sorry for the misunderstanding, yes the Galaxy S4 or Note 2..maybe 3 if it is out by then.

For 65 dollars these would make some awesomely cheap ciems through Fisher Audio. I think they charge under 100 don't they? Plus the cable would be upgraded as well. Do these things ever straighten out?

Jun 15, 2013 at 6:35 AM Post #2,670 of 3,308
oh, i see.  i was going to say, I find the pfe 1xx series an 'upgrade' from the westone 4r. lol  much more neutral and clear. 232 is excellent if you want more bass, but the highs are a little more boosted than I prefer, but great to have both to get the best of both worlds...
Any of the PFE series should be then as they are all the same but with different filters. I'm going to email Fisher and see if they they would be able to put the pfe in a ciem and build it so that the filters would be interchangeable with the original phonak tool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back