Phonak Audeo (PFE) Thread
Apr 4, 2011 at 3:15 PM Post #2,236 of 3,308
just gonna post a warning here, i bought some shure olives to use since my comply ones broke, the sound is considerably worse :/ the silicon mediums> shure olives, dont buy them unless you want to compromise the sound quality

Apr 4, 2011 at 3:28 PM Post #2,237 of 3,308
Quote:
just gonna post a warning here, i bought some shure olives to use since my comply ones broke, the sound is considerably worse :/ the silicon mediums> shure olives, dont buy them unless you want to compromise the sound quality

If we all had the exact same ears as you, I'd agree, but since everyone's are different, the olives are certainly an option.

Apr 4, 2011 at 5:49 PM Post #2,238 of 3,308

Quote:
If we all had the exact same ears as you, I'd agree, but since everyone's are different, the olives are certainly an option.

i was using the medium tips btw, and i guess i cant say sound is worse for everyone, but i can say that whether for worse or good, you'll definately notice a difference from the silicon or the comply stocks...

Apr 4, 2011 at 9:25 PM Post #2,239 of 3,308
Olive is denser than Comply, so it might be more compacted in the ear canal (especially if you have ear canal just a tiny bit smaller) and thus absorb more sound. My suggestion is to trim down the head of the olive (where the foam protrudes from the inner plastic tube) and see if you can get a better sound.

Apr 12, 2011 at 7:15 AM Post #2,240 of 3,308
Just got the PFE 122 and loving it so far. Is there any place (UK) that I can buy the green tips without the changing kit and everything in order to save some money? Or is anyone willing to sell me a pair of green tips? I don't want to have to buy a changing kit again as I've already got one.

Apr 15, 2011 at 7:41 PM Post #2,242 of 3,308
wow, just got the 012's and am really impressed.  I think I finally found a pair of active/gym/walking iem's that I actually like listening to.  I have tried the pl50, a151 and se215 and wasn't happy with any of them.  These really are very comfortable, well built and have excellent sound.  The bass is quite good, mids are solid, and good treble quality and extension without being bright.  Soundstage is decent...no real microphonics on the cord. 

To my ears these have much much better sound quality than the se215's and are more comfortable as well. Plus the cord isn't too long.

now I just need to try some grey and black filters :wink:...I think the black will fit my sound preference more, but I am intrigued by the grey...anyone have some extras they want to sell? :)

Apr 15, 2011 at 11:48 PM Post #2,243 of 3,308
^you are missing out if you haven't tried grey.  IMO, I like it better thatn SM3 which I sold.  I have  the 112 with grey filters by the way.

Apr 16, 2011 at 1:53 PM Post #2,244 of 3,308
Sony Hybrid has most perfect fit for me.   It sounds amazing now.  I thought Ety triples can be beat, but I now realize how important fit is for IEMs with such potential.

Apr 16, 2011 at 2:10 PM Post #2,245 of 3,308
do the hybrids fit without any modifcation?  luckily the medium silicones fit just fine for me

Apr 16, 2011 at 3:15 PM Post #2,246 of 3,308
Yes, and in my case good fit = maximum SQ with the hybrids.

Quote:
do the hybrids fit without any modifcation?  luckily the medium silicones fit just fine for me

Apr 18, 2011 at 1:39 PM Post #2,247 of 3,308
High_Q I'm very interested in hearing a comparison between these and the SM3 which I currently own.

Your SM3 that you sold me are no doubt amazing IEM's but I'm starting to feel that they are too expensive and that I could save a lot of money by buying something cheaper but almost as good. Please compare the two. I mostly want to know about midrange and sibilance. Also volume. How loud can the PFE022 go without amp? Do you recommend an amp?

Also we both have HD650's if you could compare the PFE012/022 to that as well that would be nice.

Apr 18, 2011 at 2:14 PM Post #2,248 of 3,308
The PFEs 012s are quiet earphones.  They need some power to reach the higher levels.  My Zune HD can barely power them at the gym which is pretty much the reason I continue the search for the perfect gym earphone.  I absolutely love the comfort, the sound and the build quality, but my older MP3s are simply unlistenable because I can barely hear them at the gym and I am not carrying an amp to the gym, lol.

Apr 18, 2011 at 2:55 PM Post #2,250 of 3,308
they are a little quiet...on my j3 and clip+ they are fine, but on an ipod nano, they are not very loud with the volume all the way up

Users who are viewing this thread

Back